Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Living Arts Threatened in Boston
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 12, 2007 03:03PM

Living arts are a vital barometer of freedom of expression in our country, and Cambridge and Boston, MA are a mecca for street performers-- probably the most progressive area in the country for performers, in fact. So I'm writing to my raw food friends to ask you to help me. The MBTA has started a pilot program (it's already in 3 stations as of thisi week) where they put radio DJs with canned music (bad music, at that), news and advertisements loudly over the speaker system 24/7, andn the street performers, who for many years have had the right to perform at designated spots in all of the subway stations (thanks to ACLU and other legal intervention) will now be unable to perform. This is huge for us. Many of these performers make a living playing in the subway and street, and are very talented performers.

Please go to www.mbta.com and click on the link at the bottom of the page that allows you to comment on the MBTA radio program, telling them that it's tacky and disrespectful of the street performers' first amendment rights, and that you'd like to hear LIVE music instead.

Thanks!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Living Arts Threatened in Boston
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 12, 2007 03:44PM

Okay, I complained to them because I hate having to listen to radios and canned music in stores and other public places.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 12, 2007 04:19PM

ditto and done smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 12, 2007 09:54PM

THANK YOU!! So much appreciated. ;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables