Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

really gorgeous, really, really gorgeous
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2007 01:17AM

my dad gave me one of his glass pieces. it's 4' x 2' in a walnut frame that i helped design (made from an old tree that used to be on his farm years ago). each piece is hand cut and bevelled on machines that he designed and built himself, then polished to perfection. there are around 140 bevels in the piece, each takes 2 plus hours to finish. it's his original, one of a kind design. the glass is high lead crystal which throws a lot of light, in the afternoon the whole room is full of stunningly bright rainbows. he gave one to my sister too, we are both just blow away, i can't get over it. the thing's worth more than a car.confused smiley

awesome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: really gorgeous, really, really gorgeous
Date: October 13, 2007 01:23AM

Wow - that's beautiful, and so big! I guess you get your creativity from your father -- I remember some photos you posted of the clothes you made. I'm always thinking I'd like to make something out of the twigs and stones where I live, or at least build a walkway, but I haven't gotten the inspiration yet.

Date: October 13, 2007 01:27AM

oh that is so cool! i think i might be moving into my cousin's beautiful house in jan, in the spring i want to do something like that as a pathway to the back yard. pebbles and sticks and such, bc was such an inspiration for that stuff, there were awesome gardens everywhere. you gotta post pics if you do something, i'd love to see!
both my parents are pretty creative, i totally lucked out with my family. sister is a singer (genevievesings.com), brother is a computer whiz. i had a really good reason for moving back home!
here's some veggies i've been making for little, they're so fun!...

Date: October 13, 2007 01:29AM

oh, i just thought of a movie that you might like. it's called rivers and tides, andy goldsworthy. i downloaded it from utorrent, is it ever stunning! his art is all sticks and rocks and bracken. check it out lois, it's inspirational.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 13, 2007 01:30AM

Very beautiful, coco, .... what a contrast to most objects in our homes.

Why don't you post some photos of clothes....I wasn't around when you posted them.

Date: October 13, 2007 01:32AM

Gee - those are really cute -- are they hand stitched, and are the little faces drawn on? They're good photos. What kind of camera do you use? My digital doesn't work so well.

Date: October 13, 2007 01:57AM

they are hand stitched, the faces too. i try to give them all a little expression. i have a whole farmer's market of fruits and veggies cut out
look... please excuse the eggs, popcorn and can of beans!

my sister lent me her camera, it's a canon powershot a610 (no idea what that means).

other coco, i don't have any clothing pics right now, just halloween costumes. i'll see what i can find and take some shots.
i participate in an online community called craftster (.org), check it out, there is Amazing art and crafty stuff there. i have a bunch of stuff posted there, my user name is monkeythumb. i'm doing some swaps right now, here is some stuff i sent out. i had so much fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2007 01:58AM by coco.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: October 13, 2007 03:22AM

That glass is a touch of class... definately my idea of cool

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 13, 2007 01:24PM

i like pumpkin critter

the bestsmiling smiley

thnks coco

i also like all the light that was glinting shards of color through leave prisms. nice

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 13, 2007 02:12PM

OMG coco that glass is AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAzing !!!!!

i love yer critters too .. i wantz the chunky monkey !!

hehe the face on that one cherry cracks me up !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: October 13, 2007 03:36PM

Is that monkey's brains spewing out???
Cause that would be amazing
Either way, all the art/craftiness in this thread is quite awesome.

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: October 13, 2007 03:47PM

Wow Coco! Thanks for sharing!

What direction does the glass face? A sunrise or sunset must be uh-may-zing!

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Date: October 13, 2007 04:45PM

thanks guys!

the monkey's brains are showing 'cause the top of his head is missing. i was gonna crochet him a little cap to keep him toasty but i had to hurry up and mail him off to scotland licketty split!

i have a few crystals (heart, moon, star, globe shapes *love*) in the windows that get morning sun but that window gets the afternoon light. that's when i usually lay the baby on the floor naked in a puddle of sunshine for vit d so yesterday she was covered in rainbow sunsparkles too! so gorgeous.

here's my latest swap monster, he went off to isreal. we loved him so and were sad to see him go...

he has a terrific bat costume too, really cute. i love making stuff grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2007 04:46PM by coco.

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: October 13, 2007 04:49PM

Wow, amazing, all of it smiling smiley

Cheers,
J

Posted by: lotusblossom9 ()
Date: October 13, 2007 11:25PM

coco,
i love your stuff! it's adorable! those veggies are too cute. and i love that monkey. when did you start sewing? i would love to start making things like that but i've never really sewn before. do you use any patterns or do you make your own?

Date: October 14, 2007 03:06PM

thanks guys.

lotus, i've been sewing since i was wee. i just cut stuff out and stitch it together, i'm not really fond of patterns. makes for easy one-of-a-kinds!

may i suggest that you join craftster.org? there are so many crafters there, free patterns, endless inspiration, and every level of crafter imaginable.
my user name there is monkeythumb, feel free to look me up.

here's a cute mouse to get you started. [sewingstars.com]

don't worry about making it perfect, just get into it. you'll find yourself addicted and making gorgeous stuff in no time!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 14, 2007 08:44PM

well, the most crafty i get is that i am pretty good at "presentation" when it comes to food

i mean, on occasion i do that for myself

but i'm pretty good at making the food look pretty ( no matter WHAT is on the plate)
and decorative

but then it gets all eaten so i guess u could call it highly perishable edible craft

i especially like to put edible flowers like nasturtiums on the plate

for a single instant, no matter what is being served, the nasturtiums make everything look very promising (LOL)

Posted by: lotusblossom9 ()
Date: October 15, 2007 05:20PM

coco,
your handmade crafts have inspired me! i took your suggestion and joined craftser. do you hand sew or use a sewing machine? thanks for the mouse pattern...that will probably be one of my first projects. =)

Date: October 16, 2007 02:10AM

yay! terrific! look me up and send me a PM so i can follow your crafty carreer! if you check out my profile you can select "see all topics started by this member" and see some more crafts!

with sewing i do both, depends on the project. here are some halloween costumes from the past (made on machine, obviously!), i made all three including wonderwoman's boots (out of pvc and ribbon and zippers, they were stitched onto a pair of chinese slippers), i'm raggedy anne and yes, that is a mini-me in my pocket. i LovE halloween.

eta, i'm looking at this project again, i made every bit of my costume including the wig, the dress is blue fabric with red dots i cut out and attached to the fabric, i sewed the knickers, the apron, the striped stockings, gah! i painted the stars onto wonder woman's shorts, all the little dots on the mermaid are sparkly painted on. man, i remember having enough time for stuff like that... long long, two children ago. ha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2007 02:14AM by coco.

Date: October 16, 2007 02:57AM

LOL -- the sea shells!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables