Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what's up with Antarctica and Coca Cola
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 13, 2007 01:53PM

what's up with antarctica and coca cola setting up an "education base"

i couldn't read the five hundred page "expedition" of coca cola and how much they care about the environmnet journal

something in me just couldn't

or wouldn't

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2007 02:03PM by la_veronique.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what's up with Antarctica and Coca Cola
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 13, 2007 02:10PM

whats the link ?

i was dismayed to find out that cocacola was the manufacturer (under a subsidary name) of the largest source of bottled water in nepal ...now nepal has no recycling in place whatsoever and water bottles are one of the countries huge problem as they are littered all over the everest region and nobody can do anything with them (except burn them)

shame on cocacola .. they have the money and resources to have recycling in place especially in one of the worlds most (once) pristine ecological areas

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: October 13, 2007 11:38PM

Is it Cocacola or Cocacola's consumers we should point the finger at. Should we be pointing a finger at all ?

My personal approach is to see all of those seemingly nasty multinationals as indirectly carrying out the will of the people. If everybody decided they would rather Coke be more socialy responcable it would happen immediately.

I understand that there are many other factors involved such as an informed public etc... but I believe that even these are still interconnected issues surrounding a collective choice.

I say make your own descisions about your own life and let the rest handle itself.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 14, 2007 12:50AM

sorry on this one i gotta point the finger at the producer not putting in place a recycling program to deal with their garbage ... with allthe tourists depending on safe clean water ..they have the $$$ and way to put in something

so yep i pointthe finger at the producer smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 14, 2007 01:19PM

jgunn

i should have saved the link to the massive journal of the corporate antarctic expedition but i didn't

sorry about that

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: October 14, 2007 07:35PM

They're both good points I think. In a free market I think the responsibility should lie almost entirely with the consumers, since they effectively create the market.

In a monopoly/oligopoly, the responsibility may lie much more on the producer, which is what seems to be the case here.

Cheers,
J

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: October 15, 2007 06:28PM

i agree with jose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables