Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i dont feel like helping the world-help
Posted by: OSF ()
Date: April 29, 2006 03:13PM

i dont know, you tell me your thoughts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2006 03:15PM by OSF.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i dont feel like helping the world-help
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: April 30, 2006 12:59AM

Sometimes what we feel is not what we should feel... A belief in abundance would perhaps be helpful.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2006 01:31AM

Sometimes we just really need to take care of our selves -- nurture, replenish, recharge, re-center. Then wanting to help comes naturally, like a cup overflowing.

Date: April 30, 2006 10:01PM

It's ok Salty. Just help yourself and you help the world.

BTW, do you have a password for the organicvolunteers site? If you do that would help me. smiling smiley

Drop me a line sometime.

Cheers,
Narz

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 01, 2006 12:55PM

I agree, NNNNarz has got the fffffresh beats. Word up homies.

Posted by: sabdulsamee ()
Date: May 01, 2006 06:36PM

I am introducing myself to everybody.

My name is S. Abdul-Samee and I am an Independent Associate of Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc.

I am a legal revolutionary and also a health revolutionary.

I live in the Washington District of Columbia. (smile)

sabdulsamee

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 01, 2006 08:45PM

hey sabdulsamee

drink your parsley
you'll need it
if your in the legal biz

tee heesmiling smiley

Posted by: deeds ()
Date: May 02, 2006 03:02AM

hey salty

from one cucumber lover to another:

did you try the cucumber gazpacho in the recipe forum?

i discovered it about a week ago and am MAD about it

if i don't have coriander i use parsly in stead

oh yes

"word up homie" (veroniquers)

parsley will fuel the revolution

so any revolutionary should really drink uppp!

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: May 02, 2006 06:52AM

hey salty, i agree with whats been said, helping yourself IS helping the world, so take care bud.

Cheers,
J

ps Cucumber gazpacho sounds gooood smiling smiley

Date: May 05, 2006 03:53PM

All that said, it is important to help the world as soon as we ARE up to it. I think right now one of the best ways to help the world is to help disseminate information that is being suppressed by the government-controlled and corporate-controlled media.

People are being fed pills to make them dumb, numb and listless (if not suicidal or homicidal) while foods are being push on them that make them tired, obese, sick and depressed -- and then to top it all off they are lied to constantly by newspapers and TVs not just by what is being said but by what is NOT being said. Between a poor understanding of how to have health naturally so they can feel okay again and the media scaring the daylights out of people, we could walk very peaceful and without much fanfare into a TOTAL POLICE STATE if information is not spread far and wide.

Our people -- our people being all human beings on this planet -- are being programmed not to THINK for themselves.

Post or email out information that stimulates thought and can cause people to realize that they are not being given the whole story by the "programming" on their TV and radio and even much Internet news, and in my opinion that is helping the world. A lot.

I think also helping to spread the word that those who want complete domination over us and a total police state WANT us to be full of fear. That makes it easier to control us. Quivering cowards are SO easy to push around.

So many people are AFRAID to even forward emails with important information to their friends and associates because they are afraid of who is reading their emails and whether or not they will be put on some LIST and then put in a detention camp or concentration camp one day because of sending out emails with information the secret government does not want out. Just by sharing such information you are being an EXAMPLE of not being afraid. You are flying in the face of fear and standing up for your American right to free speech.

Stanley Milgram wrote "Obedience to Authority" after doing experiments on American volunteers. People were just volunteers. They would not be put in jail if they refused to give shocks they believed would hurt the other test subject, but in obedience to the authority of the person who was supervising the test something like 60% or 70% of these people subdued their own wills and were willing to inflict terrible pain on others. (Little did they know, the others were not truly being hurt but were actors who where yelling "Ouch!" etc. when the person pushed a button to shock them). HOWEVER, if volunteers saw one other person do the experiment ahead of them, and that person would refuse to follow the instructions of the authority figure, then the people who say that were 10 times more likely to refuse to follow that person's authority themselves!

Moral to the story: Be an example of someone who refuses to act out of fear(i.e., it is wrong that you should be made to feel you cannot express your thoughts and views in the USA). You be that example and you will be helping others follow in your footsteps and exercising their American rights to free expression and sharing of information and views.

This is one thing that can help the world a lot! Because if our human rights and rights to self-determination in the United States go, the rights of those in other countries will probably fall like a row of dominoes, and then we won't have to go watch "A Scanner Darkly" to find out what it is like to live in a technologically advanced total police state -- and it may take generations to ever have freedom again.

We must NOT take our freedoms for granted. Use them or lose them.

Posted by: Oneris ()
Date: May 05, 2006 04:58PM

The world doesn't need any help. To say someone or something needs help presupposes that they are helpless.

There is also no responsiblity or accountability in helping. So if something goes wrong, you can always back off and say, "Well I was only trying to help."

What I suggest is you change your context from that of helping, to that of making a difference. I'd assert the reason the original poster made this thread in the first place is because he knows he CAN make a difference, and ultimately he knows he wants to, just right now he's not motivated to.

You said you don't "feel" like helping. Your feelings are just chemical interactions and feelings in your body, what's that got to do with the choices you make in life? If we all did things based on how we feel, I doubt many of us would be eating raw...or going to work.

Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: May 05, 2006 09:03PM

Hey Salty,

Cheer up.
Have you thought about getting into any meditation type exercises?

Sometimes you have to keep reminding yourself how wonderful life is even when it might not seem like it at the time. Then.........poof!!! things have a way of working out.

keep smiling smiling smiley

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Posted by: JimBigBear ()
Date: May 06, 2006 01:07AM

I'm Skeered!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: OSF ()
Date: May 13, 2006 08:35PM

no text

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2006 08:37PM by OSF.

Date: May 14, 2006 04:02AM

you lie, there was text!!

Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: May 18, 2006 09:03AM

<<< no text >>> is text.

hahahahhahahah

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables