Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cat Scratch Fever
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 19, 2007 02:17PM

kidding. but i knew that would get your attention!
so, now that you're here, would you please tell me if you have any experience with a new (outdoor brought inside) 8 week old kitty who knows to use the litter box for @#$%& but thinks she can pee everywhere?
we need help or this kitty is going back to the people we got her from. i mean, we love her and our other little tiny kittle loves her too but i can't have a cat that pees in the house.

i've done all the basics, there is more than one easily accessible litter box in good, quiet, warm locations. i clean them every time i see anything in them (aka all darn day long). there is no cat pee or odour from past pets in this house (it's been cleaned and painted, new floors, etc). i put them both into a small enclosed room with all their neccessities over night and will do it again at night and when i leave the house. i don't think she has a uti.

any suggestions? thanks for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cat Scratch Fever
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 19, 2007 04:21PM

i was convince my cat didnt have a UTI either but she just kept on peeing on my floors, bed, and couch

i finally took her in and she had blockage that hurt when she peed so she avoided the box just for peeing because it hurt !

i also got her fixed at this time and it stopped the problem completely

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 19, 2007 04:51PM

We've had five cats over the last 7 years at various times - right now we have three - and they've all had pee problems. One even had a @#$%& problem. And one still has a throw-up problem. And some of them have a scratch the furniture problem. It's a big drag. They'll pee on the hardwood floor, on the cushions. The daybed cover has a stain on it right now that I have to wash. It's very hard to keep it from my husband, because he won't allow them in the house anymore, so I have to let them in when he's not here, so most of the time they are kept outdoors and in the garage when it's not cold. And in the garage they have three nice clean litter boxes, but they pee on the cardboard boxes and on the bags and even on the floor. And the one throws up on the floor. They're all indoor/outdoor cats, if that makes a difference. I guess I just have to live with it.

Date: November 19, 2007 05:07PM

omg, what have i done? i wanted a dog.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 19, 2007 05:36PM

I would suspect a UTI. Feed her Ph balanced food and shove water, or even better calloidal silver, down her throat with a syringe. Having her checked out at the vet is a good idea. Can she be an outdoor cat?

Date: November 20, 2007 12:02AM

she's eating kitten kibble right now but i was going to start transitioning them to raw this week. i have some colloidal silver we're using for the other kits eye goo so i could spray some of that in her mouth. how much, how often do you think?
outdoor, no way. we're in town but aside from that we have a stray cat problem here, there are literally dozens of them in the hood breeding, spraying and @#$%& all over people's yards. there's a lady down the street who feeds them, nice of her but they are just out of control. mongrel hordes.

Date: November 20, 2007 12:28AM

I wouldn't worry about how much silver to give her. Just shoot it down her mouth with a syringe. Maybe 10 cc once or twice a day. If she gives you trouble you can wrap her up tightly in a towel to hold her.

You should inquire about a TAR (trap-alter-release) program in your area. There may be resources you aren't aware of. Keeping them from breeding is key.

Good luck!!

Date: November 20, 2007 01:15AM

believe me, i've phoned the city, the humaine society, the dog catcher, there is Nothing for them here. unless i catch them and bring them into the animal shelter myself where the adults will probably get put down... what to do? i can't bring them all in to get them fixed. the kill any small wildlife here, they are out of control. sigh.

i'll start with the silver, thanks!

Date: November 20, 2007 12:56PM

Coco - here's an example of the raw food we feed our kitties, maybe it will give you an idea of what to try.

Chicken livers, chicken kidneys, sandwich or breakfast beef, have the butcher cut up a chicken thigh, bones and all, various fish cut up, egg yoke mixed in with raw goat's milk.

Date: November 20, 2007 03:52PM

What a drag about your cat overpopulation. It really is a health issue. Maybe there would be an interest in starting a TAR program. There are organizations that will sponsor programs. When I lived in Houston the Rockets (basketball team) sponsered SNAP (spay and neuter program). Things like this always start with small groups of people. I know you are busy with your little ones but maybe just planting a seed or two can go a long way. Good luck!!

Date: November 20, 2007 04:06PM

i'm going to think about what i can do in this community.
lois, i've been posting in the raw pets part of this site, pretty good links to food info, i'll try it out soon.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 20, 2007 05:27PM

coco heres a link maybe you can find out some info there about how to get help with the feral cats

[www.feralcat.com] theres a good video there that can give you some ideas how to talk to your community about fixing it

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2007 05:28PM by Jgunn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables