Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How Focusing on the Positive Saved My Life (link)
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: December 09, 2007 12:18AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How Focusing on the Positive Saved My Life (link)
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 09, 2007 01:49AM

hmmm... neat!

thanks for that link
helpful to those who have never been in that situation
but its good to have it stored away in the front of my brain
in case it does happen i won't have to go through the entire train link of thought process and just quickly SEARCH for an opening

instead of avoiding the barrier

cool!
thanks

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 09, 2007 04:40AM

How is this website significant to you Learningtofly? I'm just wondering, since you didn't say much about it, just put up the link.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: December 09, 2007 05:14AM

Hi Prism,

I saw this person's experience as a metaphor for what I see on this board. By focusing on bad things I think we perpetuate them. (For example, watching violence on TV or movies perpetuates the concept of violence in the mind.) IMO the solution to the world's problems lies not in fighting the system, but in transcending it, much as the author moved from avoiding the negative into the positive.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 09, 2007 06:30AM

This is an age-old conflict, between a) the idealogy of engaging in spiritual transcendance and b) the idealogy of engaging in spiritual activism. (And some of us engage in both at different times, depending on when one or the other seems appropriate.) The conflict is particularly felt in the United States, because of the influence of Christian Science, which evolved into New Thought and the New Age movement, with their emphasis on not looking at anything that is negative, paying no heed to personal and social problems, etc.

Sometimes I feel we may ultimately need to marry 'a' and 'b.' An exmaple from my own life of doing this is when I am playing meditation music for people in the subway I am meditating (transcending) and I'm also performing what for me is a form of service (spiritual activism?) to help people heal and deprogram from the horrendous effects this society has imposed upon them.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables