Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Only light can extinguish darkness
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: December 09, 2007 12:23AM

Cursing the darkness just won't do it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Only light can extinguish darkness
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 09, 2007 04:15AM

yeah, there was that chinese quote " instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle"

but i guess one must first recognize that darkness exists
before one can light a candle

but both are required

i myself prefer light... i'm proud that so many people here are working towards it by revolutionizing themselves first!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 09, 2007 04:19AM

it's the saying that amnesty international uses.

it is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.

profound in it's simplicity.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 09, 2007 05:56AM

Yes, fine, as long as you realize that Amnesty International will fight tooth and nail for the rights of the oppressed. They are not in denial and they will not ignore their plight or blame them for it. It's not negative to talk about 'what is.' I will say this until the day I die. This needs to be said and some people on this board need to wake up!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 09, 2007 06:15AM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not negative to talk about 'what is.'

It's not, however I think it also depends on whether the issue being championed is genuine, and whether one is fighting the system from the heart or from somewhere else.

For example, I think the whole illegal immigration thing is a specious issue. It actually serves well to show that people do not understand that we are one big human family, that national borders are completely arbitrary, that the native Americans were here first (and slaughtered to make way for us genuine "immigrants"winking smiley, etc.

I also take issue when someone is fighting from a place of hate. For example, it seems that much of NWO theory is actually a cover story for racism. So the line between truth and fiction is murkier than it appears.

And if one is not fighting from the heart, one is fighting oneself.

Concerning "denial": If, hypothetically, 3/4 of the U.S. population decided to quit "the system" and start a new one that cared for all and was agriculturally based, would they be in "denial" of all the problems of the conventional system? No, they recognized that the conventional system didn't work, had turned into a plutocracy, and they wanted to start a new system.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 09, 2007 06:51AM

>Concerning "denial": If, hypothetically, 3/4 of the U.S. population decided to quit "the system" and start a new one that cared for all and was agriculturally based, would they be in "denial" of all the problems of the conventional system? No, they recognized that the conventional system didn't work, had turned into a plutocracy, and they wanted to start a new system.<

If that happened it would be great. It would be 3/4 of U.S. citizens deciding to TAKE NOBLE ACTION, esepecially if they truly 'cared for all.' That's exactly what I'm advocating: that we, as spiritually evolving human beings, choose to see 'what is' and let the Divine act through us to bring about the change we wish to see. That would be heaven on earth. Yes. That's what I'm saying.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 09, 2007 02:50PM

you know, i often wonder about the will of the oppressed. there must be some powerful "tricks" in play that keep the masses docile because us masses far, far outnumber the teensy percentage of the elite who have nearly all of the money and power. is it because we just don't know what to do? is it because the ppower people own the armies and might makes right? i don't know but i DO know that once we got our butts in gear and started moving, no power on earth could stop us. there are only so many jails and detention centres, eventually the powers that be would be overwhelmed.
sometimes i want to get up on my rooftop and shout "vive la revolution!"

oh, and J, am i hearing you about the "one big human family". when and where did that message get lost? to quote the great ani difranco;

we can't afford to do anyone harm
because we owe them our lives
each breath is recycled from someone else's lungs
are enemies are the very air in disguise
[www.azlyrics.com]

we ARE all one. what happens to my brothers and sisters happens to me, my family, my children. this much i know is true.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 09, 2007 05:07PM

smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2007 05:09PM by la_veronique.

Date: December 09, 2007 07:02PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we ARE all one. what happens to my brothers and
> sisters happens to me, my family, my children.
> this much i know is true.

Amen sister. That's why I'm so surprised by the people on this board who have been taken in by these illusions of separation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables