Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Happy News -- I'm Moving to New Zealand!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 09, 2007 07:37PM

Well, me and my husband wanted to move to the Northern Island of New Zealand years ago, and we went through all the legal stuff - it's complicated, you have to be under a certain age, have a certain career, a certain income, a certain amount of money in the bank, etc. And you have to get all kinds of documentation in order - finger prints, police reports, a lot of stuff, and all within a certain time frame of each other, in a certain order. It was very difficult because we had to send to England for my husband's various official documents, and because of time frame, it all fell through.

But, now, we're going!! It is so great!! I am so excited!! It's all thanks to Illegal Alienism. We can just up and go. We can go and live anyplace in the world we want to! No paperwork, no red tape, no nothing. Just go!

Anybody else want to move there? Oh, how about moving to Switzerland. Or maybe Canada - it's' closer. No problem.

Or here -- let's start a new thread and you all can post where you're all moving to in the world, because anybody can live any place they want to whenever they want to.

It's so great!

Lois

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Happy News -- I'm Moving to New Zealand!
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: December 09, 2007 07:58PM

What's illegal alienism about Lois?

It's so beautiful there, what a great idea!

Do you have any links you'd like to post?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2007 08:01PM by aquadecoco.

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: December 09, 2007 08:09PM

Hey aqua,

I'm pretty sure Lois' post is sarcastic.

(Too bad -- NZ really is beautiful.)

Date: December 09, 2007 08:09PM

Illegal Alienism means anybody can go live any place they want to in the world without regard for how a huge influx of citizens from other countries would impact that particular country's sovereignty, economy and infrastructure. That's what we have here in the US.

Posted by: marnacla ()
Date: December 10, 2007 12:04AM

Well.....actually Canada is an option. I'm Canadian/American and all you have to do is say you're being persecuted in the U.S. Plenty of folks get political asylum (one was offered asylum in Canada because she was wanted by the FBI and the charge was not something Canadians found illegal - saving your child.) But all that aside, if we bombard New Zealand as raw foodists we'll certainly make the news and other countries will want us as a result. After all, we're very charming and just want to eat food. What's not to love? Just rambling today.....

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 10, 2007 01:43AM

YES !!! Come and live in N.Z and help build the raw community here grinning smiley
That would be cool for sure.

Date: December 10, 2007 03:06AM

marnacla, I'm not so sure Canada is so welcoming to war resisters --

Canada's Supreme Court opens door to deportation of US "war resisters"

[www.globalresearch.ca]

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 10, 2007 04:11AM

It's amazing, isn't it, how repressive even Canada is getting now. And they wouldn't let Code Pink in recently.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 10, 2007 07:06PM

Are you really going or is it a sarcastic slant on the US? It is hard to tell by your post.

I asked my son about New Zealand, he said he didn't think it was very warm. I was thinking more Australia on the Gold Coast, or Costa Rica, or Hawaii..or even Brazil. I'd like to live someplace I don't have to wear a lot of clothes, just a swim suit and wrap, go barefoot, etc..but has acceptably clean ocean and sand, that you can use most of the year round.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 10, 2007 10:24PM

In what ways do those countries suppress the Internet? Or rather how do they keep one from voicing their freedom of speech on the IT?

Love,
Prism

Date: December 11, 2007 12:47AM

In England it's illegal to write something bad about another individual in a book, even if it's totally true; that much I know. You can be sued. I'm not sure if people can still do it on the Internet in England. I haven't heard about Canada being repressive, but I haven't really looked into it. (I've been too wrapped up in all that's occuring here-- it's hair-raising enough!)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: December 11, 2007 01:23AM

<<In England it's illegal to write something bad about another individual in a book, even if it's totally true>>

That is not a true statement, of course you can. If someone has gone to jail for murder, for example, which is presumably a bad thing, you can definitely mention that in a book or in any other medium.

There are libel laws and so on just like in any other country, but free speech is guaranteed to a large extent.

Similarly to the US, as the UK follows suit in many things, there is an Orwellian tincture to some aspects of life, especially related to "terrorism laws", but on the whole I think there is better free speech here in the UK than in the US.

I'm not sure why people just assume that the US is better in this regard, possibly out of habit I suppose.

Cheers,
J

Date: December 11, 2007 02:25AM

Hey Jose,
Sorry, I guess I heard an urban legend. Someone went to great pains (this was some time ago) on some forum I visited, to explain how freedom of speech had been taken away in England. I'm so glad to hear that this is not true!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 11, 2007 02:40AM

Hi Prism,

I'm not really moving to New Zealand -- I was just trying to have someone look at the illegal immigration issue from another perspective.

We did want to move to the Northern Island of New Zealand, where Aaukland is. It's nice weather there all year around, as opposed to the southern island where they get snow in winter.

I wouldn't want to go there now, or to Australia, or to England, or Canada or Germany because some of those countries have CODEX and the rest are all following the US lead in the "War on Terror Hoax" and becoming fascist militarized police states.

Switzerland would be a great place to live if it wasn't so cold. But then I read that the head of that country wants them to join the EU, too.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: December 11, 2007 03:15AM

Lois sort of summed it up.

Canada is a madhouse. If you speak the truth on the internet about certain specially-protected minority groups, e.g. criminal behaviour over-representation, you get hauled in front of something called The Human Rights Tribunal. It is a sort of Court of Star Chamber. You are automatically guilty - no one ever brought up in front of this tribunal has ever had the case dismissed. Normal laws of fairness & evidence, such as you would find in a regular court of law, etc. are not observed.

The RCMP (like your FBI) are putting pressure on the govt of Canada to give them the right to force internet service providers to hand over information on their internet customers without a judge's warrant. The govt said they wouldn't give such permission, but it was pretty weak and like other injustices in this absurd place this permission will, I think, be given in some sneaky manner.

Date: December 11, 2007 07:37PM

Yeah it's true that Canada is the best place to be if you're in most minority groups - we are truly and notoriously soft on criminal behaviour, though.

I was just being similarly facetious to Lois's initial post. Most developed countries have problems with illegal immigration, and it goes all directions. But as someone here mentioned, Canada is easy to enter. So many people think that if you're not a bleeding heart, you're hardhearted and indifferent.

Date: December 11, 2007 07:47PM

Prism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I asked my son about New Zealand, he said he
> didn't think it was very warm. I was thinking more
> Australia on the Gold Coast, or Costa Rica, or
> Hawaii..or even Brazil. I'd like to live someplace
> I don't have to wear a lot of clothes, just a swim
> suit and wrap, go barefoot, etc..but has
> acceptably clean ocean and sand, that you can use
> most of the year round.
>
> Love,
> Prism

Northland is the area north of Auckland and it's subtropical. A sweater is required during their winters, but some lucky kids hardly ever wear shoes, even then! However, NZ has problems with the ozone layer and skin cancer....very sad.

I can't wait to go to Brazil and hope to have a few months to travel around there. It's become popular with Europeans and Brits. I don't really like 'popular' places so it would be nice to see it before it turns into another expat-condo-spread - eew.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables