Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is your taste in cars?
Date: January 04, 2008 05:35PM

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question here, but I work in a dealership selling cars and had this curious question.

So what does a raw foodist drive?

Before I became raw, I bought (and still have) A Scion xB 2005. I love it, it's unique with a red stripe (like a race car - which was on it when I bought it).

If this is a silly question, it was only because I feel that people who eat raw have an open mind and think better than SAD people, so maybe their choice of vehicle is greater.

But thanks for your replies, maybe I'll get my boss to read this to see which car is common for him to purchase at the auctions.

Re: What is your taste in cars?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 04, 2008 07:03PM

I think if you emphasize the low-emissions, good gas mileage aspects...you'll get a good hit. Personally, I've seen raw foodists go across the spectrum. I drive a little Toyota Pickup...very helpful. Raw foodists will probably go for more efficient cars.....more modern & outside the box also (like a Prius)...but this is just a generalization. I'm sure there are plenty of 'healthy' eaters that drive SUV's too...heh..heh..

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: lacombe ()
Date: January 04, 2008 07:23PM

hanging my head...suv...but i live in a winterwonderland yada yada

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 04, 2008 07:51PM

deegarry@yahoo.com Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what does a raw foodist drive?

Drive? I have two legs which do just fine in getting me around!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: RawsomeButterfly ()
Date: January 04, 2008 09:16PM

I drive a mini cooper.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: January 04, 2008 10:49PM

I have a Honda DelSol. I never thought I'd love a car, but...I love my car.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: January 04, 2008 11:22PM

I like 100% Electric Cars and Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars because they are RAW CARS! No combustion and some don't use oil, if you have wind or solar power you can plug them into that and free RAW POWER TOO! All other cars are NOT RAW and use combustible non raw engines and pollute. 100% Electric and Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars are ZERO EMISSIONS and ZERO POLLUTION so are literally RAW CARS.

THey are high priced but are dropping fast, the new Hond FCX Car will be available in Southern CA only for $600 a month but includes all maintanence/fixes/full insurance and it is hydrogen fuel cell you can recharge it at home with their new natural gas thingy. But I like 100% Electric because you can use solar/wind power to charge it fossil fuels is still a "fuel" even though clean and abundant.

For 100% Electric there are ZAP cars which stands for ZERO AIR POLLUTION, they are coming out with ZAP X SUV and have some funky 3 wheelers out now and new sports car out soon they say it will be $30k-$50k that is a good deal.

There is the little known Phoenix Electric Pick Up Truck available NOW pretty sporty:

[www.phoenixmotorcars.com]

The Tesla rolls out this 2008 but costs $100k if you have the bucks then NICE if not then have to fantasize...

There is a new Electrum Spyder for $60k they say but is not out yet and my friend in Sand Diego will build you a custom Cobra Shelby Replica 100% Electric Race Car that can be a daily commuter for $65k there is more info on my YouTube.com section so you can watch the videos on these cars and more on my website:

[www.RawOrganicSavingThePlanet.com]
[www.RawInTen.com] I am a RAW FOODIST and into RAW CARS we are part of the SOLUTION NOT THE POLLUTION!smiling smiley

VIDEOS OF ECO CARS:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Bryan Au

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: January 05, 2008 03:52AM

4Wheel Drive Toyota Tacoma Pick-up. Nasty of gas especially now that it's close to $4/gallon on Maui. I would love something more efficient, but I need a 4wd truck for work.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: January 06, 2008 05:56AM

1995 Geo Metro, baby! Can you say, 53 miles per gallon? Who else here can say they spend less than $20 bucks to COMPLETELY fill up their car's gas tank (ok except for maybe Rob - lol).

-Angie :.)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 06, 2008 01:17PM

[adobe.kodakgallery.com]

Maroon Towncar - Burgundy Interior - Smooth drive, comfortable roomy inside, especially the back seat for long trips.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 13, 2008 02:36PM

don't drive, no license. bus~bike~walk~hitch~car pool.

i read the other day about a vehicle that runs on compressed air (!!!), goes about 110KM/hr, will run for 220KM/tank and costs about $4400 to purchase. seats 4. sounds like the best one so far. a-mazing!

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: January 13, 2008 02:53PM

I'm thinking tri-diesel, nuclear powered, interdimensional Ford F-150 9 door with the bucket seats. And a vitamix blender built into goddamned dash.

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 02, 2008 11:02PM

The best car is no car. But barring that, something older, smaller and very efficient is among the least destructive choices. I have an older echo with manual transmission.

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: February 03, 2008 01:36PM

I have never purchased a car, oddly enough. It's one of the perks of being the youngest of siblings in an incredibly generous, (over)protective and loving family.

I drive a sparkling White 2003 Ford F-150,crew cab FX4 with the nice big nubby tires It is one heck of a horse. I would prefer to park it and use it as a garden ornament ASAP, but until then I use it as the beautiful tool that it is....

....to help in any way that I can.....

...let me know if you need a lift.

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Date: February 05, 2008 10:47PM

We have a older Honda Accord but are fortunate enough to be able to walk to a lot of the stores in our area.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: February 06, 2008 01:05AM

I don't drive and I don't plan to any time soon, but an old-fashioned looking (but late model) powder blue Mercedes SL600 V12 coupe (hard top) caught my eye recently. The one I liked I don't think is the most recent model. It looks like a jag sportscar from the front and a BMW compact from the back.

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables