Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Marijuana
Posted by: SkyeBlue ()
Date: May 23, 2006 05:15PM

Oooh, I'd never use it!

Firstly because simply eating raw (greens) makes me feel relaxed, bubbly and happy.

Secondly because using drugs produces an experience which is not real. You're altering chemicals in your brain that make you think you're developing spiritually but really you're just experiencing brain malfunction. I don't think you need drugs to develop spiritually.

Thirdly I know someone who smokes it heavily and he appears so old before his time. I'd rather feel alive and vivacious than spaced out.

I have nothing against those who use it though, many of my friends use a whole bunch of recreational drugs. Different strokes for different folks, but a no from me,

Skye,

x x x

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SkyeBlue ()
Date: May 23, 2006 05:24PM

Just wanted to add after reading more - greenie, I totally agree with you on this one.

Also, a quick story from one of my friends who used to use drugs regularly. She's been left with a debilitating paranoia and anxiety from her drug-taking days. She's on constant presribed anti-anxiety medications from the Dr because of it. If she doesn't take her medicines her nerves get out of control and she cries for most of the time. I've been with her during these times and it's frightening to see.

Skye,

x x x

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 23, 2006 06:04PM

I agree that drugging children seems quite abusive. But again I have nothing relevant to add to the real discussion... except that a couple saturdays ago a bunch of people were using pot around me, and I didn't really like the smell, at all.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2006 08:10PM

Have you tried a vaporizer? I heard they are a healthy alternative to smoke.

Hey, Narzzzy.....and T Lantern....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: May 23, 2006 10:48PM

A thought: You said that the mind is what everyone uses to navigate in the world. I think you're right - most people do. I want to suggest a possibility - the reason that the world is in the mess it is, is BECAUSE most of us let our minds lead. I would like to offer that the mind was not designed to lead. It was designed for something wonderful - but not to lead action. Or feeling, for that matter!

You said, "What else is there?" - other than the mind. I would suggest that there is something other than the mind - very well designed to lead in a way that is creative, rather than destructive. There's a very easy way to prove this to oneself.

Sit for a second and wait for the next thought to arise in your mind. Observe the thought.

You will notice that there is something that is larger than the thought.There is something - your conscious awareness - that is observing the thought.The thought - any thought - is occuring in a larger context - the context of your True Being. That pure awareness is who you really are - not the thought. Although the thought is included in the whole of you. There is something larger than the thought observing the thought. If you begin to investigate the nature of this context - its boundaries, or limitlessness, it's nature - what is there - you will discover that it is ALWAYS peaceful. Don't take my word for it. Expore for yourself.

Most of us are in the habit of keeping our attention on our thoughts and feelings - as if that IS who we are. We do let our minds lead.

I am suggesting that one begin to keep one's focus of awareness on the ground of being in which thought and feeling occur. It is the place of peace we are all searching for. We are searching for it through drugs, or meditation or even raw food, or endorphins or.......whatever.

The fact is, it is present for each of us RIGHT NOW. In the very moment - whether we are meditating, or smoking pot, or eating meat, eating sugar, or eating spinach, or making love, or not making love. That place of deep peace and freedom which we all long for is present right now. But that is not where most of us are putting our attention. So we don't know it. We are not aware of it.

Doesn't matter, it's present with us now anyway.

Don't take my word for it. Explore for yourself.

I would suggest that if one begins to put one's conscious attention on the ground of being in which all thought, feeling, form occurs....one begins to contact the source of wisdom. It is very differen than thought, as we have "thought" thought to be. It is knowing. It is insight. It's very different than the thinking process we revere so much in this world.

Anyway....these are just things to consider.

Wow....Coyotes are howling as I write. Amazing sounds.

Sure do appreciate you guys! Thomas - to me you are the most amazingly rare combo of humility, guilelessness and hilarity. Awsome.

Bye bye for now!

Ms. PGal

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 24, 2006 01:48AM

This is the part where I must admit I had to look up the word guilelessness.. Thanks for the kind words smiling smiley

And I share a similar "belief-system" about the mind and being, at least in the sense that the mind is somehow connected to a thing, that I call "being" (otherwise the mind would have no purpose, and if were our mind, we would have no purpose).

Hmm, this almost seems like the kind of talk that's appropriate for this thread, haha... though in sincerity I am dragging it a little off topic. So, uh, read other people's posts... yeah...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables