Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Marijuana
Posted by: josephsgirl ()
Date: May 16, 2006 03:37PM

i want to know everyones thought on this plant. how you can take it raw.... ect. i am trying to quit cigarettes, and doing well so far. but i love chronic, currently i smoke it. oh btw, its organic, homegrown organic minerals no pesticides from a friend of ours.... anways, i want to know everyones thoughts and habits and you know.. just information....

thanks
lauren

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marijuana
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2006 04:04PM

Funny you should ask about this because I just posted my thoughts about marijuana today elsewhere:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to be a "pothead" when I was in my twenties. For a number of years I was a marijuana chain smoker and I always heard that idea that maybe you can be more creative but I don't really think so. However, just smoking it initially or maybe even once in a Blue Moon it might help a person look at things a little differently.

Something VERY interesting that I came across recently is Cathy O'Brien, who used to be a totally programmed mind control slave (she authored two books with her husband Mark Phillips about it and unfortunately I truly believe they are not fiction -- ACCESS DENIED and TRANCE FORMATION OF AMERICA) and in one of the books as well as at a seminar I saw where they spoke she said that people who are trying to control people by programming their minds (using trauma and even with electronics apparently) make SURE that their subjects (victims) never smoke marijuana because doing so opens up some of the neuron pathways that they have been trying to close off for the purpose of mind control. You see, they basically cause people to have MPD or DID -- disorders of compartmentalizing the personality -- and opening up the neuron pathways could cause people to start remembering things they are not supposed to remember.

Unfortunately there are two very BIG drawbacks to smoking the stuff: (1) unless you grow it yourself you don't know where it's been and it could have been dipped in PCP or other very dangerous mind-altering drugs -- and this DOES happen; and (2) my experience with smoking it was that it made me feel paranoid. I'm paranoid enough just for reasons that I SHOULD be, and the last thing I want is drug-induced paranoia.

But yeah, I think if it is really clean and not treated with anything, it's probably not a bad idea to smoke it once in a while if it were legal. Maybe go to a place where it is legal, have a little bit, then come home.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 16, 2006 05:00PM

> (1) unless you grow it yourself you don't know where it's been
> and it could have been dipped in PCP or other very dangerous
> mind-altering drugs -- and this DOES happen;

Why would somebody dip a cheap drug in an expensive drug, then not sell it with selling it as "A dipped in B" and charge more? I hear this time and time again, but have never heard of a verifiable case. On the other hand, hash does have problems with getting cut with something else, normally something to increase the quantity (like curry paste!) rather than increasing the potency.

I think a far bigger concern is fertilizer and pesticide use, and if the grow has allow sufficient time for the chemicals to clear out. Especially with hobby growers who dump a bunch of fertilizer on their plants if turn out small, then have to harvest to stop it going to seed, but don't give enough time to allow the chemicals to flush out. Organic chemically free is a far better path.

Otherwise, out of drinking, tabacco and marijuana, I think marijuana is the lease decremental. But like most things so special, it's got to be respected and used carefully.

Ian.

Date: May 16, 2006 05:25PM

im sorry but im from california and its legal here if you have a medical card. ive never heard of hash being cut. that is so funny. where on earth do you live???? lol....i HAVE to tell my husband about that. oh yeah and being dipped in PCP???!!!! WOW....thats just laughable....i mean im not making fun of you... sorry, just the idea...

lauren

Date: May 16, 2006 05:33PM

I'm in NorCal. The cut hash I've seen was bought on the street in San Francisco (not an ideal way to purchase drugs), it had a curry smell about it and went moldy after a few days.

The laced pot thing, it is laughable, I can imagine it happening, but person doing it would have to be really really dumb.

Ian.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 16, 2006 06:32PM

Eat it, don't smoke it! There are people in England called "Hempsters", a kind of sub group of the raw movement and they are into eating hemp/cannabis leaves, both with and without THC. They think that hemp is extremely good for us if eaten raw but not if smoked.

We get a hemp leaf superfood, it's made from "commercial hemp" so no or very low THC and put it into smoothies and salad dressings.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: May 16, 2006 06:55PM

well hemp should be legalized in the u.s. its so good, to make clothes, paper all kinds of stuff. it doesnt have enough thc in it to get you high. so it should seriously be legalized, its so much better than cutting down trees....
but yeah ive eaten it in brownies. but cook SAD brownies. we should come up with raw marijuana choc or carob brownies huh? yeah who the f--- would put curry in hash???? lol... sad smiley what a waste....

lauren

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: May 18, 2006 10:35AM

Hemp is legal in the U.S.! That's why I can find hemp clothing, hemp pare, and why I get my hemp nuts at the grocery store. It is marijuana that is illegal. I personally think that marijuana should not be legalized because it encourages people to be lazy and sloppy -- but then again, what do I know? You should do what you like and what makes you happy.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: May 18, 2006 10:50AM

Ok, so it's organic and green. But eating or smoking it mimics brain damage. So how can this be good for you?

My opinion: Taking something that alters your experience is fun only if your experience sucks bigtime to begin with. To someone clear and happy, the idea of taking drugs is unappealing to say the least.

There is no way I can prove this,
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: May 18, 2006 11:02AM

but for twenty years I have been sharing a certain healing energy with people. I haven't had people who smoke pot in my life for a very long time, but earlier on, I did. My perception in putting my hands over their bodies was that pot....how to describe this....created holes in their energy field. Very palpable. Just needed to pass on that info.

With love,

PG

Date: May 18, 2006 11:18AM

Hi Greenie,

I strongly disagree with your opinion, if your experience sucks, fix it, don't take drugs to hide problems, otherwise you come to depend on them to remove the parts of your life/experience that suck rather than changing your life. Also, if your experience sucks and you take drugs, you change nothing but your state of mind, things will still suck, but you'll be high/trippin/paraniod/whatever and have a harder time dealing with it. In my opinion people should only take drugs in a safe happy environment. They are great tools if used wisely. Like they say about fire, a terrible master, a valuable servent.

Peace,
Ian.

Date: May 18, 2006 01:02PM

lemme just defend myself here. my life doesnt suck. its actually very fulfilling. so i dont smoke bud to make myself feel better. i have a good job a great place to live nice cars, a WONDERFUL husband who is good in bed. TMI< i know. but anyways, i have the best cat in the world who just had babies...(shes my daughter, so now i am a grandama, at 23....lol) my life is great and i dont depend on marijuana. i like an altered feeling sometimes.

Date: May 18, 2006 04:06PM

cfd7f Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hemp is legal in the U.S.!

It is legal to use hemp but it is not legal to grow hemp (unless the law has changed very recently). See [www.usatoday.com]

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw

Date: May 18, 2006 05:58PM

Piano Gal,

That hole in the energy field was my experience, too. It's very damaging to take that stuff. Messes up the energy field for weeks.

sodoffsocks,
I agree with much of what you say, but don't agree that taking drugs in a safe, happy environment is ok. It think it's poison and bad for you, for whatever reason or whatever environment you take it in.

josephsgirl,
My point exactly. You say you like the altered feeling - you like it compared to what? All I'm saying is IF you prefer the stoned feeling to what's normal for you, normal can't be that much fun. Because IMHO the stoned state is really really low. It's the mental equivalent of hitting yourself over the head with a hammer.

I wasn't maligning your life, marriage, cat, or husband's sexual prowess, or saying that you're a bad person. Just saying that if pot feels good, you've got to have pretty low standards of what feels good.

Sorry if that's an unpopular opinion. You asked for opinions. That's mine.

Date: May 19, 2006 06:08AM

Greenie, that's a very limited view of 'drugs'. Some 'drugs' can take people into amazing altered states of consciousness, which can be the sames states of spiritual enlightenment that people doinging meditation, yoga or many other spiritual practices are seeking.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw

Date: May 19, 2006 08:24AM

Funky Rob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Greenie, that's a very limited view of 'drugs'.
> Some 'drugs' can take people into amazing altered
> states of consciousness, which can be the sames
> states of spiritual enlightenment that people
> doinging meditation, yoga or many other spiritual
> practices are seeking.
>
>

Funky Rob,

How do you know that? Is there research you can point to, or just a bunch of people saying, "Oh, wow!" ?

I happen to have quite a bit of experience with meditation and (ex) friends with quite a bit of experience with drugs. For the most part, these friends have echoed what you've said while sinking into apathy, unproductiveness, and unrealistic behavior. None of these friends used drugs recreationally; some of them used them as part of ancient rituals with actual shaman guides. Although their subjective reports were that they were enlightened, their auras look like hell and their careers, relationships, homes, etc. are a mess.

There is a large body of research on various kinds of meditation documenting just what happens. I'm not aware of a similar body of research on marijuana or other drugs. People tend to lump 'altered state' into one category: Spiritual awakening is an altered state, drugs produce altered states, Aha! drugs produce spiritual awakening. That's faulty logic. And in my experience the belief in spiritual breakthroughs through drugs is just as delusional as any delusion or hallucination that occurs under the influence of alcohol.

It's nasty stuff and won't do you any good. Like I said before, that it's raw, green and organic doesn't make it good for you. I'll bet you can have an altered state by eating raw, organic poison ivy, too.

Date: May 19, 2006 09:02AM

Well, obviously there is no 'proof' because how can you prove what is a spiritual awakening anyway?

I've had some powerful experiences by taking Ayahuasca - I always feel more "connected" and more love from and for everyone when taking it and I beleive it is helping me on my "spiritual" pathway.

A good friend of mine was specifically told to start eating raw food while having an Ayahuasca experience, and the change to raw food alone had helped his life in a very positive way and I've been told of other people who have been "told" to eat raw food while using Ayahuasca.

Cannabis doesn't work for me but I have friends who eat cannabis leaves (not smoking, smoking anything is not good for us as we rawfoodists know) and it works for them. But I am more interested in eating leaves from THC free hemp plants and look forward to being somewhere I can grow them legally!

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: May 19, 2006 09:08AM

greenie
I love what you say about preferring the 'normal' feeling to the stoned feeling.. that's how I explain it when my friends are shocked that I don't want to drink alcohol... it's like, why would I want to feel any different to how I feel now? I LOVE the way I feel now!!

although I must admit I do sometimes get a bit nostalgic for my old pot-smoking days (o:

On drugs and spiritual awakening.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: May 19, 2006 11:03AM

My own knowing at this point in my life: I've come to trust that my awakening process is in the Hands of Something very large, very capable of getting the job done. I have come to a place where I have stopped trying to goose the process, judging that my current state of consciousness is not good enough. I have stopped allowing my ego to dictate to life how things - even the state of my consciousness - should be.

Earlier on, this was not the case. I was forever doing things to jumpstart my upliftment, so I understand the drive. I did all the same things all of you have done. Probably more.

One might ask the question: WHO - what part of the totality of you is it that demands that ANYthing be different? If you REALLY explore that question - deeply - you will find out that that which wants anything to be different than it is, doesn't even, ultimately exist. It is nothing but a self created ego. This may sound like gobbledygook to who you think yourself to be, but it is the absolute Truth. WHO needs things to be faster, better, more enlightened? Who is it? Is it the Truth of your Self? If not, why are you allowing that self to drive a process it is totally incapable of driving?

There is such a drive in the Western world to manhandle one's own process. But the part of self that is trying to manhandle it, is exactly the part that needs to be ingnored. In the end, you will discover that this part doesn't even exist. Never has. Never will. I know - doesn't make sense to the mind. It shouldn't. Mind isn't large enough to drive the process!

My own feeling, experience about life: Too simple really - so simple that no one would be interested: Simply give thanks for everything that comes your way. After all, you might not even have life. You're lucky to be aware of ANYTHING in this moment. Lucky to experience ANYTHING. Consider the alternative. Quit judging what Life gives you as not good enough for you - and that includes your state of consciousness, which, by the way, is intimately connected with everyone else's . So you really think you are going to sore into permanent ecstacy and leave everyone else in the dust. If you did fly away, if you had a heart at all, you'd want to help your fellows anyway, so you'd be right back here, with the rest of us pugs, feeling all the same things you felt before, wanting to be of service here, the way things are, now.

Meet what comes your way in the best spirit that you know how, with the consciousness you have now. If you do that, and meet each circumstance the best you can, your vision will increase. Live to the highest of your vision today and that vision will increase. I promise. You are very capable of serving exactly where you are NOW. We need you. You don't need to make yourself better to serve. You just need to have a willingness in your heart, a prayer, I guess you could call it that says, "Please, let me be of use, of service today. Show me how I might serve?" Then be willing to love and care for whatever comes.

Two Sunday's ago, I was in the Fresno airpot waiting for a flight home. I'm sitting there, with three hours on my hands. I open wide to receiving what it was that Life had given me in that very moment: I am looking at the airport seats as if I were a baby, seeing seats for the first time, amazed, stunned at the design of the seats - how much work had gone into them. The seats start almost blazing in front of my eyes. The beauty is overwhelming. airport seats - go figure. the whole building becomes almost ablaze with light through my eyes. My heart is spilling over with amazement, thanksgiving for the glory of it.

I opened to the beauty that was present, pondering the airport shape - how much work had gone into that.somebody designed the seats I was sitting on. If they hadn't, I might have been on the floor. What an act of love. What a gift of LIfe to me. I simply opened to what was present, and all of a sudden - how to explain - I was simply LIT! A holy experience - unbidden, unsought, undemanded. I was simply open to appreciating, instead of judging, what life gave me in the moment. And I was shown creation through new eyes.

I understood in that moment "Blessed are the pure in heart (pure meaning those who are not demanding anything of God, but are simply thankful for whatever is present) for they shall see God" They see God - beauty, glory - EVERYWHERE! In EVERYTHING!

I was watching the people pass by. They were all asleep. They hadn't a clue of who they really were. It didn't disturb me one bit. Through my eyes at that moment, all I saw was the exquisite beauty that God intended when God - whatever you know That to be - designed them. They were blazing vessels of beauty to me eyes and heart. I was in total ecstacy, in the Fresno airport. Now, you won't believe this part....I'm breathing in. I smell a kerosene smell - probably jet fumes. It is like perfume to me. I cannot breathe it deeply enough. I'm laughing to myself. Who would believe this? I was in a sea of light and love. No drug, no demand. No demand that the experience even stay.

Then a Thai looking woman comes up to me waving her ticket, in broken English, "am I in the right place?" She is. she is on my little flight. Then she looks me right in the eye as if she has known me always and says, "I'm moving. I'm scared." I look her right back, take her hand, "I'm right here. You sit down right here with me." And she opens her heart - sensing, feeling the light, knowing it is safe. She demands to buy me breakfast. Luckily there is a fruit cup! There is one empty seat in the plane - happens to be beside me. So I arrange for her to sit with me.It was a joyous flight. We talked all the way - at some depth. She was lifted. And I was lifted in the process, as I always am shen I have the oportunity to give. It was a privilege to serve. The blazing, luminous part of my experience ended when the Thai woman came up. I wasn't the least bit perturbed. The thinning of the veil comes and goes. It's in Larger hands. Experiences come and go. They are the gift of Grace. You can trust your process into the Hands which gave you life in the first place.

I've given up manipulating circumstances to try to "get" anything or hold on to anything good, and keep away the seeming bad. And in not trying to "get" anything spiritual - but being simply available to serve in the moment,in whatever comes my way, I am blessed with the very uplift my false self was trying to orchestrate. when Life ordains it. It is only the ego, the false self, that thinks that anything is missing, ever. Is the part of you that thnks something is wrong and needs your goosing, the part that can give you what you think you are missing? It is such a joke. Everything we need to serve - which is the fulfillment - is present with you NOW. Not kidding.

It is too simple. Really. Look around you at this moment. Now. Consider the fact that you could, possibly, not have life at all. Then look and see what life has given you. Here. NOW! It is simply overwhelming. Stop looking at what you don't have - even spiritually. Look, now, at this very moment. See what life has given you! Unbelievable. Aren't you blown away with thanksgiving? I am. Right now.

I mean, I'm sitting here in a little music room. There is a piano, a synthesizer, computer, ponderosa pine out the window. It is simply overshelming what life has provided me with in this moment. Look at the clock on the piano! It helps me navigate in the world. What is present with you right now????!!!! What a flaming overwhelm. What gifts we have.

Love,

Piano Gal

With much love,

PG

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: May 19, 2006 02:07PM

Piano Gal
that was absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
thank you for blessing us with that tale
xoxo

Date: May 19, 2006 03:07PM

okay i asked for opinions, not to be criticized. thanks for the reponses though....

Lauren

piano gal, thanks for posting your story. i love airports and staring and talking to people from all over!

Date: May 19, 2006 03:43PM

Piano Gal,

Just beautiful. Thank you for posting that.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: May 19, 2006 04:01PM

wow piano gal. thanks for taking us on your trip. beautiful.

Date: May 19, 2006 04:49PM

Wow, I didn't know you could get high off of jet fumes, I gotta try that sometime.

heh heh

Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: May 19, 2006 06:32PM

to Piano Gal~~~thank you!

I've been experiencing the Wonder lately, myself! Joy joy joy! Amazement.

Been reading some Rumi poetry~~Cool.

Today I looked at a newly leafy bush in the woods, something struck me about it, and I thought/received to myself, what I learn from this plant is that I too can have interspersed leaves, I don't need to be absolutely covered in leaves...

Make Room For Bounty...

Blessings and Love
Adrienne

Posted by: deeds ()
Date: May 20, 2006 02:46PM

that's exactly what i needed to hear this moment

just

t
h
a
t

keep it real, gal

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: May 22, 2006 03:36AM

smoke weed

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 22, 2006 08:22AM

I've never smoked pot, so I can't offer any of my own experiences, though I imagine homegrown pot is at least more likely to be "safer" than something on the street. I wish I could offer more, but I am an ignoramus on the subject, forgive me smiling smiley Good luck with your research, Lauren!

Piano Gal, to answer your (perhaps rhetorical?) question, "WHO - what part of the totality of you is it that demands that ANYthing be different?", I believe the answer is both "Thomas, the being", and "Thomas' mind". And both the being that IS Thomas and the mind that is connected to/interwoven with the being that IS Thomas, exist.

I will soar into ecstasy, but do not worry, I intend to take everyone with me smiling smiley I am constantly surrounded with those that suffer, yet I do not tend to suffer the same, myself, fortunately.

I agree very much with your advice to be grateful, and to be a servant to your fellow human... but to best serve other humans we must be as good as we can be. Everyone is always "following their heart" (which is really following the mind), and a lot of people are failing humanity as a result... The mind can not, in and of itself, tell right from wrong.. it only believes what it currently has stored to be correct. When someone follows their heart, they are essentially listening to whatever their mind tells them... which is fine, unless their mind has incorrect ideas (and I've never actually met someone who doesn't have many incorrect ideas in their head).

Regardless, I am quite glad that you can feel joy in what seems like just about any experience, and perhaps in the future more people will be grateful for what they do have, while working to make everyone have a better life smiling smiley

Posted by: swingbolder ()
Date: May 23, 2006 12:40PM

I have many years experience with both meditation and certain mind-altering substances, including LSD, mushrooms and marijuana in my younger years. My feeling is that certain drug-induced consciousnesses can be spiritual in that they give you that sense of a greater reality of which we're all a part. Abuse and addiction are never good things, but I think that these substances used moderately and intelligently can definitely lead one to higher states of awareness, even when not stoned. It was actually psychedelics that got me into meditating and yoga. I mean, there's a reason that shamans have been using these substances in their ceremonies for for centures, if not longer.

I no longer do "drugs" but I'm still open to them, should the occasion and desire arise, although it's been several years since I've even felt like getting high. I do meditate daily though.

And it's a stereotype that all people who do drugs, their lives are a mess. I've known my share of addicts who nearly killed themselves, but I also know people who are responsible, have careers, families etc. who smoke pot daily. So really, blanket statements don't apply.

Date: May 23, 2006 03:47PM

Well said Thomas. I see the "following one's heart" vs. "following one's mind" as the ultimate false dichotomy. Everyone follows their mind. What else is there? Our minds are the vehicles we use to navigate in this world. Even if we feel "our hearts swell" or a "rush of emoiton" it is still from our mind. Whether or not we are ONLY our brains is something I consider irrelevant. I'll figure that out when I leave my body behind, or I won't. Either way, in this life time our brains are our main tool, so it pays to take good care of them. To me this includes being drug free. Of course if I had an opportunity to eat a marijunia salad or some magic mushrooms, I would probably try them and then observe the results.

While I'm here, I must add that the worst kind of drug abuse is that which is forced onto children. Having been medicated from age 7 all the way thru 22 (obviously in early adulthood it was my choice, and at that time it was the best way I knew how to control my state) I can testify it is not ideal!

No matter what people say their motavations are for their various practices the ultimate goal is mind control. To feel better, more in control, more connected, more joyful, whathaveyou. To acknowledge that and move from there gives you more power than most of the general population. smiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables