Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Summer Solstice
Posted by: GyroGirl ()
Date: May 18, 2006 12:18AM

I've never officially celebrated this event, only been aware of it.

I have recently become more connected energetically to my physical being as well as the universe, this leads me to want to celebrate, give thanks, and well, party on...

Does anyone have a special way they like to celebrate the solstice or have any suggestions for finding others who do? I'm in the midwest, near Cleveland, Ohio. I've been looking for fun here but can't find much. I do have friends interested in doing our own thing, I'm just not sure what that would be.

Any suggestions?

looking forward to le soleil in Cleveland

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Summer Solstice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2006 08:18PM

Hi Gyro Girl,

Do you want to celebrate alone or with others? When I think of the solstice, I think of Wicans. Maybe you could check out what groups are in your area and go to one of their meetings. I think the best sect would be the Kitchen Witches.

If you live in the country, how about building a tree house to have your own private sanctuary, or maybe if you're into gardening, landscaping a special area with water running, etc. I know a couple people who have a labyrinth on their lawns.

If you go to the local health food store, and look at the bulletin board and brochures, some ideas will probably come to you.

Lois

Date: May 19, 2006 08:41PM

thanks for the thoughts.

I think it would be great to have community, I hadn't pondered something I could do alone, that could be interesting, too. I do have a Wican friend I talked to today and she suggested a bonfire, maybe some kind of ceremony.

I just know that there are special times during the year in the universe and lately I've been feeling more connected. I thought it would be fun to celebrate the changes of the planet.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything, who knows, maybe I can get my husband to dig up the yard and create a maze, there are a few trees he's been itching to get rid of in the backyard...

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 19, 2006 10:43PM

Just remember... Witches are EVIL.

Posted by: YogaLee ()
Date: May 20, 2006 07:43AM

Pagans in general celebrate or acknowledge the seasonal festivals.

All wiccans are pagan but not all pagans are wiccan.

For eclectic celebrations, plug "summer solstice" into google. You'll get lots of ideas.

I mainly concentrate on the types of foods available at that time, feasting on the many early harvests and decorate my home with the flowers of the moment as well.

Have a good one!

Date: May 20, 2006 05:15PM

great idea YogaLee,

a raw summer solstice feast sounds like fun!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 27, 2006 12:12AM

Just remember... Chirstians are EVIL. winking smiley

Date: May 27, 2006 02:36AM

lol

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 27, 2006 04:37AM

what is evil spelt backwards?
thomas lantern is evil spelt backwards

Date: May 28, 2006 02:20AM

awww poo, ya got me winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables