Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you have fricks in your life?
Posted by: cy ()
Date: February 18, 2008 11:27AM

For many years in my life I have met people that seems nice and friendly and suddenly turns out to be a frick and starts to budder me,stalking me,calling me all the time and making my life miserable.I am learning to deal with those fricks,but I always have one like now.This person "was" a kind of friend and suddernly is calling me all the time and wants to talk,gossip,and sometimes wants me to fix her life.We had some conversations by the phone,but I don't want to talk all the time,and gossip about people,and fix her problems,and sickness,and tantrums.This person doesn't leave me alone,I am not answer the phone anymore,I sent her a message saying that I would call,that I wasn't ok,but she insists in leaving messages,and calling me,and do not leave me alone.The problem is that I have to deal with this person on my work (one day of the week).Frick!!!
I do not want to have this people anymore in my life,and I do have to learn to keep them to come.Do you have this problem?How do you deal with these fricks?
(sorry about my English,I hope you understand everything that I wrote)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you have fricks in your life?
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: February 18, 2008 03:26PM

Just show as little interest in what they're doing as possible (without being rude), and keep excusing yourself by saying that you're really busy these days, and walk away from the conversations. Hopefully they will get the message.

Date: February 18, 2008 03:34PM

I would like to walk away from these people forever. I don't know why I attract these people.Maybe I have some of the frick on me too.

Date: February 18, 2008 04:47PM

It's probably because you're a nice guy or girl, and there are some people out there who feel they need other people to listen to them and pay attention to them constantly, to function. These people are probably used to being ignored or shut down by other people, but since you're nice enough to listen to them, they figure they can call on you whenever they think they need to!

(I can definitely relate)

Date: February 18, 2008 06:00PM

Thank you ThomasLantern.I might be a nice girl,but sometimes I think I might be a dumb girl to let this happens and don't know how to deal with.Also,when I don't want to talk with this people anymore they get angry with me.This is not the first time,this is the 10th or more.
I have to deal and learn how to not let this people in my life anymore.I don't want to ended up not letting people in my life,but I have to save myself from this stress.Like you said,give this people little attention,but this people get angry with little attention.
(Sorry,sorry and sorry about all of this venting).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 19, 2008 12:25AM

Don't feel bad -- I've run into a lot of pricks in my life, too.

Just don't marry one.

Date: February 19, 2008 04:30AM

right on, Lois! heh...

Don't feel bad at all Cy! YOU define for YOURSELF how you want to be a friend to others - if other people don't like your terms, that's fine, they can find someone else who is what they're looking for... they definitely have no right to be angry at you! (I wouldn't worry too much about it)

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2008 06:49AM

hello CY

yes i have had to deal with someone like that
thankfully only once

it was not easy but in a way it was

it sounds like she is just using you

i think you deserve better

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2008 06:51AM by la_veronique.

Date: February 19, 2008 02:38PM

Thank you a lot Lois,ThomasLantern and La Veronique.You are wonderful and very kind. Thank GOD my husband is great !!! but my first one was a prick.I've been learning how to deal with this kind of people forever. I feel much better now,before I would be a rack. Yes,La Veronique,she is using me,better yet,she WAS using me. Better is not to look for anybody as a friend,a friend just show up one day.That I"ve learned.
Thank you again guys,you are amazingly kind.

Date: February 20, 2008 04:48AM

Hi Cy,

I am glad to see that you are doing better and that you also have a suportive husband. Continue treating yourself in the BEST possible manner, and you will attract people who also treat themselves ( and others) in that way as well.

Date: February 20, 2008 04:38PM

Thanks a lot La Veronique. Yes,I have a very wonderful supportive husband,
I'm notecing that now I find out frick people much more easier than before,but still buddering me.I'll try to kind of "read" people from now on.
And thank you a lot for your support,REALLY REALLY helped me.

And Yes,as much as I like myself,treat myself better as much as I want people to treat me better and respect me.

Date: February 22, 2008 07:22AM

cy

smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Date: February 22, 2008 11:50PM

Hi La Veronique.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:55PM

I just booted another prick out of my life.

Date: February 26, 2008 02:43AM

Excelent Lois. I can't tolerate pricks anymore.They have to go.

Date: February 26, 2008 02:50AM

dang yer all SO inspiring LOl smiling smiley

i actually see a frick on the horizon

he called me up yesterday

hadn't talked to him in a LONG time

but he's a frick ( BIG time)

will cut the chord

NOW

no time for fricks

life is short ya know?

Date: February 26, 2008 07:28AM

*ahem* Lois, the proper word to use in this thread is "frick"
don't make that mistake again!

Date: February 27, 2008 12:08AM

oh ... well, i think i am going to make an addendum here

after having seen the pausch video ( the one that jose posted in the no thread)

i remind myself that

" no one is purely evil" if u stick around long enough, they will show you their good side

this doesn't mean i have to correspond with them or go to the movies with them

it just keeps things in perspective for me and it actually is better for me

it hurts me when i can only see the bad side but not the good

it heals me when i can see their good side

but i also understand how important it is to protect oneself against influences that we are not prepared for

so i respect what cy is doing

its what i am doing

and who knows?

maybe someone may even think I am a "frick" for saying "no" to an invitation etc.
( for self protection)

that's okay too

i can't please everyone

its impossible

but i can do what i have to do to live a healthy life

Date: February 27, 2008 05:57PM

It's ok too La Veronique.

I just found a quote from Wayne Dyer's Book:"There's a Spiritual Solution to every problem."

"Anyone you allow to be a regular visitor in your body energy field must come with love,peace,and the higher spiritual energies.Otherwise,vow to implement your silent strategy of removing yourself as quickly as possible from the debilitating energies.This is why those who reach levels of spiritual consciousness have a select small group of friends.They treasure their privacy and guard themselves from the marauding forces of lower energy people.Furthermore,they value silence and a pure environment,moving away from loud people,loud noises,poisonous intrusions,and toxic environments."

And also high energy food too,in my pooinion,
I've have heard that to do a massage it is very important to have a high energy person that is going to massage you,because this person can transfer all the energy that she/he has into your body.

At the end,everything is energy,and it is very important to have high energy among us.

Date: February 27, 2008 09:40PM

hi cy

this is very very true
and worded quite nicely too smiling smiley

i think that it is inevitable that energies/souls that are seeking a certain vibration will find each other

Date: February 27, 2008 09:48PM

it's an interesting idea, to be sure!

Date: February 27, 2008 10:46PM

I just went to a nice house with wonderful people that wanted to hear about the raw/living food lifestyle,then suddenly the husband came from work,(he is a doctor),and he got soooooo upset about the raw,no medication,no cans,no meat,no sugar,no milk talking that I felt his upseting energy almost choking me.
Werd !!!! We had to leave the house right away.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables