Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Check out this cutest doll I made!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2008 10:09PM

and the dolly too, hee hee!

[www.flickr.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Check out this cutest doll I made!
Date: February 19, 2008 12:39AM

Coco - that doll looks like you !

Did you ever see the Waldorf style dolls the kids make?

[www.blueskymama.com]

If I had your talent, I'd be making throws, tapestries or a tapestry bedspread. I'm obsessed with them. Do you know how to weave?

I'm in love with my tapestry bedspread --

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2008 12:46AM by Lois.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 19, 2008 12:51AM

Awesome creations coco...once again!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Date: February 19, 2008 01:33AM

hahaha -- I mean the Poppet doll looks like you.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: February 19, 2008 04:31AM

so it's like I'm looking at Coco naked, Lois?

Date: February 19, 2008 05:12AM

hahahahaha! pft, funny! oh, *laughing* ha.

dude.

lois, her name is PlumBerry and thanks for the compliment. i think she's adorable. oh, did you mean the purple one? that's the one i meant. or did you mean the small brown eyed laughing girl? she does look like us (little and i) don't you think?

those waldorf dolls you linked to are so unusual for that style, normally they wouldn't have any features, just a blank face. there's an intersting philosophy behind that...

yes, i do know how to weave but only the basics. very nice bedspread, that's real talent, especially if it's done by hand!
i wish i had the space/time/money to do complicated weaving but i only have the looms i can make myself. still, a dream for the future...

i'm working on a whole pile of projects right now. hopefully i'll have some more of them finished soon to show you. i am having such fun with the kids, little did the stuffing for his sister's dolly, he loved helping me make her. so sweet.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2008 06:40AM

i don't know how to make anything
but coco is inspiring me to maybe take up a sewing or crocheting course one of these days

which reminds me

i used to have a doll when i was a little girl that was my FAVORITE and i mean ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!

it was made just for me for my birthday and it meant a LOT to me ( strange, now that i think about it how much i used to talk to her , cry and tell her all my fears and hopes etc.)

now i don't know where that doll went

but i am FLOORED now that i think about it how much time i spent taking that doll to me to meals.. she climbed up the tree with me

i read books with her

did homework with her supervising me

watched tv with her

she even sat on the kitchen counter commiserating with me while i was pretending i was cinderella who was banished to wash everyone elses dishes (HA HA!!)

crazy!!!

now i have NO IDEA where that doll went

i just remember that i didn't like any of the plastic dolls ( barbie dolls)

because they were... plastic

but i liked the one that my friend's mom made me ( the one i was talking about)

and the little bonnet that was sewed on her head which matched her dress which looked like a flowery pajama (LOL !)

the eyes were sewn on with just colored thread as was the other facial features

no buttons or anything like that

at any rate, i sometimes wonder how much i have changed

i don't own a SINGLE stuffed animal now except for one little white teddy bear that is holding a heart that says " i love you"

and the only other stuffed thing i own is a pillow in the shape of a red heart that has a thousand other white hearts sewn into it)

but i used to be CRAZY about stuffed animals ( only had a few but i loved every single one of them because they were so big and life like... a lot of them were way bigger than me when i first got them like the GINORMOUS dog.. i forget the name of those dogs that are supposed to save people... but it was GIGANTIC!! at least from my point of view at that time)

hmmm... takes me back to memory lane

thanks coco smiling smiley

Date: February 24, 2008 10:58PM

i put up some more crafts in my flickr account if you want to check out the pics guys.

Date: February 24, 2008 11:05PM

I love the rainbow hat -- you should make them for a living. I still have one that my girls wore years ago -- they're not cheap to buy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables