Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Quotes
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: May 09, 2009 08:48PM

"The secret of a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them in the right scale of values." ~ Norman Thomas 1884 – 1968

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: May 11, 2009 08:27PM

Courage.
You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit. We become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts.Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit.He who loses wealth loses much; he who loses a friend loses more; but he that loses his courage loses all.Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. The greatest test of courage on the earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell and rose again.It takes great courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. Have the courage to live. Courage is required to tread this path alone, but only then will we have the freedom to grow in our own way.It takes great courage to grow up and become who you really are.We were born to shine.We are never defeated until we allow ourselves to be.Warriors to the last.Peaceful warriors.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 11, 2009 08:37PM

[www.youtube.com]

"And what is the hero?Simply put,they are the ones that were the rogues against the system.That is why they are remembered.No one remembers all the "yes" people.Do they? No one. No one will ever remember you for being status quo. The only people that are ever remembered are those who listened to another drummer.They were out of step with all humanity.That is what is worth remembering.Shouldn't that be then a sign to you?
So travellers of time are those that have made marks in history.They were never the "yes" man or the "no" woman.They knew it and they did it and they let everything fall where it was because they didn't do it for everyone's acceptance.They did it because they were compelled to do it,because they are travellers in time.They did not do it for emotion.If they had done it for emotion,they would never have done it.They would have been intimidated.Do you understand that?And they would have never made the choices they made because it would have cost them their marriage,their relationship.It would have cost them that which is termed their reputation.It would have cost them their gold.It would have cost them their privilage in society.If all of those were on the line and they still made the decision,then they put everything of emotion to the side and made the decision.Those are the travellers in time.That is what the observer is."

Date: May 11, 2009 08:38PM

Never give up. Ever. All heart.
Even through the odds they still believed in themselves...

[www.youtube.com]

The Great Ones.
THE GREAT ONES; WHEN ALL SEEMS LOST THEY CAN COME OUT AND PULL OUT MORE.THEY CAN KEEP FINDING BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEIR TOUGHNESS COMES FROM A SECRET PLACE INSIDE THEMSELVES.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 11, 2009 08:39PM

Did you ever put it on the line? Did you ever not know and still jump? Did you ever close your eyes and let go?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 11, 2009 08:40PM

Believe in yourself.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 11, 2009 08:45PM

The english poet Frederick Langbridge once said,"two men look out the same prison bars; one sees mud and the other stars.

Date: May 11, 2009 08:46PM

Boldness
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe- Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: That the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man (or woman) could have dreamt would have come his/her way.*** Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.

Date: May 11, 2009 09:07PM

"What part of you do I love? The part that goes on in the face of all that says you shouldn't."

Date: May 11, 2009 09:08PM

OSHO
The moment one takes responsibility for oneself . . .And remember it is not all roses, there are thorns in it ; it is not all sweet, there are many bitter moments in it. The sweet is always balanced by the bitter, they always come in the same proportion.The roses are balanced by the thorns, the days by the nights,the summers by the winters.Life keeps a balance between the polar opposites.So one who is ready to accept the responsibility of being oneself with all its beauties, bitternesses, its joys and agonies, can be free. Only such a person can be free. . .

Date: May 11, 2009 09:09PM

Osho.
I want you simply to be yourself, with a great Self-Respect , with the dignity of knowing that existence needed you-and then you can start searching for yourself. A solitary becomes an elect; he is the chosen, the chosen one of existence.Why?-because a solitary never desires anything of this world.He does not need to. He has learned whatever was to be learned from this world; this school is finished,he has passed through it, transcended it. He has become like a high peak,which remains alone in the sky-he has become the elect,the everest. A Budda, a Jesus , they are high peaks, solitary peaks.That's their beauty; they exist alone. What has the solitary chosen? He has chosen only his own being. A solitary is not like a line. A solitary is like a circle, his beginning and end meet.

Date: May 11, 2009 09:09PM

Great things are possible if we only Dare...

Date: May 11, 2009 09:10PM

Change your thoughts , Change your world.
[www.youtube.com]

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Date: May 11, 2009 09:10PM

Soverignity.
Anything of value has to be discovered by yourself.It can not be given to you by anyone else.

Date: May 11, 2009 09:11PM

Uncluttered Simplicity
Internal peace is so simple its often VERY overlooked and the more you overlook it the more confused you become and the less of a chance you have of finding it.The wiser the soul,the greater the simplicity.
In everything.

Date: May 11, 2009 09:12PM

Never Give Up !
Character shone through.
Enormous strength.
Fall down seven times,stand up eight.
Still standing tall every day.
Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price.
Never give up and never surrender.

A Test of Will.
[www.youtube.com];

Great things happen to people who make great things happen to themselves and thats all I was thinking.
I gotta make a great thing happen.

Date: May 11, 2009 09:12PM

Outrageously Free.
"Come to the edge, he said,
They said: We are afraid
Come to the edge, he said.
They came,
He pushed them,
and they flew."

Date: May 11, 2009 09:14PM

Do THings Differently !
You can only learn if you listen and do not have a closed mind.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 11, 2009 09:15PM

Any given sunday.
[www.youtube.com]
I don't know what to say really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today. Either we heal as a team or we are going to crumble. Inch by inch play by play till we're finished. We are in hell right now, gentlemen believe me and we can stay here and get the @#$%& kicked out of us or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch, at a time.
Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around and I see these young faces and I think I mean I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make. I uh.... I pissed away all my money believe it or not. I chased off anyone who has ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.
You know when you get old in life things get taken from you. That's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out that life is just a game of inches. So is football. Because in either game life or football the margin for error is so small. I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in ever break of the game every minute, every second.
On this team, we fight for that inch On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch. Cause we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the @#$%& difference between WINNING and LOSING between LIVING and DYING.
I'll tell you this in any fight it is the guy who is willing to die who is going to win that inch. And I know if I am going to have any life anymore it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch because that is what LIVING is. The six inches in front of your face.
Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.
That's a team, gentlemen and either we heal now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys. That's all it is. Now, whattaya gonna do?

Date: May 11, 2009 09:23PM

"When all is said and done,you have only yourself to depend upon and that precious light within you called God almighty.Be even with yourself.Be individual with yourself.And love what you are so that your light and how you are seen,like the stars at midnight,becomes very bright and very beautiful."

Date: May 11, 2009 09:25PM

Doing justice to our heritage.Remembering who we ARE and where we came from.
Children of Light.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 13, 2009 03:54AM

[Q.]How do you draw Spiritual Nourishment for your mind and body which are rooted in your Superconscious Power?
[A]We mentally draw nourishment from the Superconscious Power as a tree draws nourishment from the earth. Slow and long breathing may suggest the idea of drawing to some.

-- A.K. Mozumdar

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 14, 2009 04:57AM

"Dad is one of my role models. Once he sets out to do something, Dad sticks to it whatever it is, until it is done. For example once we decided to really get into triathlons, dad worked out, up to five hours a day, five times a week, even when he was working."
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 16, 2009 01:20AM

"Thin by Choice"....Dr. Fred Bisci

Date: May 17, 2009 10:26PM

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention"...Jonathan Swift

Date: May 17, 2009 11:03PM

It ill becomes us to invoke in our daily prayers the blessings of God, the Compassionate, if we in turn will not practice elementary compassion towards our fellow creatures.

Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

Date: May 17, 2009 11:07PM

Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.
George Gordon Noel Byron (1788-1824),
[Lord Byron] English romantic poet

Date: May 17, 2009 11:28PM

As long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seeds of murder and pain cannot reap the joy of love.
Pythagoras

Date: May 17, 2009 11:51PM

Those are some good ones Bill....I kind of like...

"Your Freedom ends where my Nose begins"....Anonymous

Quotes are interesting because we can apply them to our
own lives. I prefer the short, Pithy ones that pack a punch....WY

Date: May 19, 2009 04:13AM

"The world is just a pilgrimage-of great significance,but not a place to belong to.Remain a lotus leaf.This whole life is a strange land; we come from some unknown source. Suddenly we are here, and one daysuddenly we are gone, back to the original source.This is a few days' journey; make it as joyous as possible."

[tr.youtube.com]

Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables