Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hydroponic baby greens and wheat grass
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 02, 2008 02:39AM

When I recently heard Brian Clement say 50% of the nutrition in greens are lost in just 30 minutes I got very concerned and can't help but wonder is there any value to store bought produce even organic that's been sitting around for days.

When in Florida I witnessed Don Jansens hydroponic green house. It was several 3ft by 20ft x 8 inch deep stainless steel troughs about 3 feet above ground. The troughs were filled with pea gravel. He started his plants in soil then transplanted them into the gravel beds. He flooded the beds at least once a day from a 600 gallon tank. The tank was filled with extreemly dilute sea water. The water recirculated. I tested what he had at the time and everything was the best I ever tasted.

U have a tray of wheat grass with no soil started to see how that works.

I am going to grow baby greens hydroponicly by starting them in soil like Don did and then transplanting them to trays with gravel in them. I will water them with a garden sprayer containing the dilute sea water.

So I will haver cheap fresh greens and herbs.

Letils sprout very well in trays.

elnatural

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hydroponic baby greens and wheat grass
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 02, 2008 10:40PM

My husband's friend and co-worker has lent us his hydroponics equipment I can't wait to get it started. We have to create a place to do it though.

Good luck. Will you please keep us updated on what you learn?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables