Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tumors as secondary detoxification/storage organs
Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 22, 2008 04:57PM

I posted this on another board and thought I'd share it here too.

-------------------------------------

Some thoughts on cancer which I've been trying to flesh out lately:

Maybe tumors are just secondary detoxification organs.

The immune system is integral to every aspect of health, including detoxification.

Excess stress, malnutrition, toxic burden, metabolic imbalances, all weaken the immune system, resulting in backup of metabolic wastes and exogenous toxins.

Maybe tumors then develop as a backup mechanism.

The tumors could be acting as storage organs, or metabolic organs, or both. Essentially, they would arise to help protect the surrounding healthy tissue from being damaged by the chemical overload.

Tumors are known to consume glucose and release lactic acid. Diabetes is associated with increased rates of cancer. Diabetes is basically an overburden of sugar in the body. Excess sugar is what causes rapid aging seen in diabetes, because the sugar non-enzymatically glycates (binds to) proteins and disturbs bodily functions. Tumors could help reduce the burden of excess sugar by metabolizing it into lactic acid, which may be more easily utilized by many cell types for energy.

Some tumors are estrogen-sensitive. Anti-estrogen therapy is sometimes useful for retarding growth of breast tumors. Excess estrogen in the body can cause problems like increased risk of stroke and heart attack. Maybe estrogen-sensitive tumors develop to help reduce the burden of excess estrogen in the body.

Intake of cruciferous vegetables, are being shown in study after study to be associated with reduced cancer incidence. Cruciferous vegetables (brocoli, kale, cabbage, etc) contain substances which increase the bodies ability to detoxify harmful substances. They also help the body regulate estrogen balance.

Get this:

Expression of the detoxication enzyme glutathione transferase P1-1 (GST P1-1) at elevated levels has been noted in many types of human tumors, including melanomas.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

HELLOOOOOO... tumors have elevated levels of DETOXIFICATION ENZYMES!

In fact these detoxification enzymes are thought of as bad because they often help tumors detoxify drugs used in chemotherapy. The tumors then become resistant to those drugs.

No wonder chemotherapy often causes more tumors to develop.

Our doctors need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

What is going on here? I think I'm starting to understand... but really I'm still just a student... humble and curious.

What do you all think of this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tumors as secondary detoxification/storage organs
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 22, 2008 05:31PM

Very interesting. thanks a lot for this post. It gives me a lot to think about regarding my own health.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 23, 2008 07:42AM

jono

i usually finish reading a post but i am extraordinarily tired right now so i can't think very well...but i will say that the little bit that i HAVE read is compelling... thanks... will read the rest of it tomorrow

good SHTUFFF MAYNARD!!!

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 23, 2008 02:05PM

makes perfect sense to me...

Date: April 23, 2008 03:15PM

>>>good SHTUFFF MAYNARD!!!

HaHa yes, imagine telling that to most doctors smiling smiley

Apparently others have come to the conclusion that tumors are are protective mechanism:

This Dr. Gonzalez seems to know what's up:

His website: [www.dr-gonzalez.com]

Interview [www.sawilsons.com]

"God designed the body to work well, & when the body produces a tumor, it has a purpose. In the orthodox world & even in the unorthodox world, people think of tumors as the enemy to be destroyed. We believe that the tumors are a sign that the body is too filled with toxins, either inefficiently metabolized toxins from the from the body itself, or environmental toxins like heavy metals or pesticides. These toxins can overwhelm the liver's ability to process them, backing up & confronting the body with an enormous load of toxic waste that (we believe) produces tumors which are like accessory livers, the body's main detoxification organ. Tumors are actually the body's intelligent defense to sequester, store, & neutralize severe metabolic wastes."

-------------------

Now I'm finally seeing the light.

So many people fear cancer. It's become a four letter word. That's because nobody understands it. People fear the unknown.

Big Pharma profits off our fear. Most doctors are either corrupt, complacent, clueless, arrogant, completely mislead, or a combination of all. They may even be well-intentioned and still be those things.

People are running miles on pavement, bashing away their knee cartilage to raise money for drug companies who just want to make more money, not actually restore health.

But I think things will change soon.

Living clean, eating right, exercising, managing stress... people are realizing these are the keys. "Eating right" is still a tricky one but many have figured it out for themselves through experimentation and knowledge seeking.
Ok, that's all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 03:17PM by jono.

Date: April 23, 2008 03:59PM

I have been thinking about this so much lately. Look at all the people making money off of cancer. Think about everywhere you see those pink ribbons and how many paople turned a buck getting them printed there. I have had three people ask me to send them money to support their walk for cancer in as many months. In the meantime the cure is in the cause and all that money for research is for naught. You can't cure something witout eliminating the cause.

Date: April 23, 2008 04:53PM

pakd4fun, I agree... it's a very strange situation.

The problem is people have been lead to think of cancer as some foreign invader... or it's due to random mutations.

But really it arises from within... from our very own cells and tissues.

The body is in a constant state of regeneration.

It is constantly seeking homeostasis.

It wants to survive and be healthy.

The body is smarter than we can imagine.

There is method to it's madness.

We must learn more about it's methods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 04:54PM by jono.

Date: April 23, 2008 07:53PM

lol... the cure for cancer is the same as the cure for greed.

Date: April 23, 2008 09:10PM

coffee enemas cure greed?

heh, just kidding... I get what your saying smiling smiley

Date: April 24, 2008 02:51AM

lol... check this out

"Run from the CURE"

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 25, 2008 02:18AM

No, I don't agree with the premise. There is no purpose. It is a catastrophic breech of the immune system defense to let this invader tissue start to grow and outwit all attempts to destroy it. It takes a sequence of seemingly impossible events to allow for metastasis: escape from the primary source, survival in the normally hostile lymphatic or blood vessels, survival in the secondary growth place, taking root, thriving. It happens a lot easier when we get old and everything is breaking down slowly slowly and not functioning normally but the damaged and abnormally functioning cells are accumulating.

Lifetime USA risk of all types of cancers except basal and squamous skin carcinomas (which are not tracked the same way) is 1 in 3 for males and 1 in 4 for females.

They say we would all get it if we just lived long enough. Usually we die first, of something else.

Date: April 25, 2008 04:24AM

>>>There is no purpose.

Is there no purpose to an RFID implant being encapsulated by a tumor?

"Published in veterinary and toxicology journals between 1996 and 2006, the studies found that lab mice and rats injected with microchips sometimes developed subcutaneous "sarcomas" _ malignant tumors, most of them encasing the implants."
[www.washingtonpost.com]

Might the tumor be shielding the surrounding tissue from the radiation (or other harmful effects) from the implant?

Date: April 25, 2008 04:35AM

>>>It is a catastrophic breech of the immune system defense

Is the immune system involved in clearing chemical toxins, dead cells, dead bacteria, etc from the body?

If the immune system is dysfunctioning, might secondary detoxification/storage organs arise within toxic tissues?

Simarly, if primary detoxification organs such as liver and kidneys are disfunctioning, might the immune system adapt by allowing tumors to grow inside toxic tissues, to be disassembled at a later time when health is restored?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 25, 2008 06:20AM

jono

interesting observation concerning the elevated level of detoxification enzymes

Date: April 25, 2008 02:27PM

Thanks Jono. It makes complete since to me.

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: April 25, 2008 05:50PM

It's an interesting thought, I would have to learn more about it before making any conclusions.

<<It happens a lot easier when we get old and everything is breaking down slowly slowly and not functioning normally but the damaged and abnormally functioning cells are accumulating. >>

If tumours were somehow "detox/storage organs" then it would make sense that older people with more toxins would get more of them wouldn't it?

<<Lifetime USA risk of all types of cancers except basal and squamous skin carcinomas (which are not tracked the same way) is 1 in 3 for males and 1 in 4 for females.

They say we would all get it if we just lived long enough. >>

The propensity of getting tumours with age, if viewed from the perspective jono is putting forward, would be explained by the propensity of the human body to accumulate AGEs/other toxins with time. The older, the more AGEs, the more the need for tumours (in the jono perspective) in order to detox/contain all those toxins. It's not immediately obvious to me why this can't be so, but I don't know many of the details of tumour formation, etc...

Cheers,
J

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 25, 2008 10:46PM

I heard on the news on the radio that scientists discovered that menstrual blood is as good as stem cell blood for ???? -- whatever that is they use stem cell blood for.

Well, I won't have to worry about the scientists coming to take my blood smiling smiley

Date: April 30, 2008 11:23AM

Interesting article I read recently. Tentative explanation of how the fusion of white blood cells with tumours can help explain metastasis, or the spread of the tumours. If tumours were somehow supplemental detox/storage organs, then this cooperation with the body's immune system would make sense too.

Scientists at Yale provide explanation for how cancer spreads

Metastasis, the spread of cancer throughout the body, can be explained by the fusion of a cancer cell with a white blood cell in the original tumor, according to Yale School of Medicine researchers, who say that this single event can set the stage for cancer’s migration to other parts of the body.

The rest here [www.thinkgene.com]

Cheers,
J

Date: April 30, 2008 09:11PM

Interesting, thanks Jose.

If that turns out to be the main mechanism of metastasis, it would seem more like an orchestrated event, rather than a catastrophic breach.

Here's another article on metastasis from back in 2005:
[arstechnica.com]

(It refers to this article in Nature, which I can't access:
[www.nature.com] )

>>>>>
Tumors and metastases could also induce stem cells from the bone marrow to produce new blood vessels. This was quite surprising, but the surprises didn't end there. In today's issue of Nature (registration required), there's a report of data indicating that the bone marrow cells go to the site of a metastasis before the tumor cells. Cells from the bone marrow appear to create a conducive environment for tumor cells by producing a molecule that the tumor cells can easily latch on to. They do all this before forming the blood vessels that will nourish the cancerous cells when they arrive.

The report leaves a lot of unanswered questions. How do the bone marrow cells choose where to set up residence? Are their actions part of a normal, ongoing process, or are they specifically triggered by the tumors? If these results hold up, though, they suggest that the process of metastasis is much more complex and involved than once thought.
<<<<<<<

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: May 12, 2008 05:29AM

I had a warthins tumor remove from head near the ear, went back for next mri and found 3 more on left side of head one in deep. headaches came on, feeling like down, tumors I could feel near ear were size of marble. I went raw for my health, and what do you think? well Im here to tell you the tumors cannot be found by touch any more, I will have my 4th MRI in June and that will be proof one way or the other. The Way I feel since I went raw blows me away.
I will post results from 4th MRI then. I was eating a lot of soylent green before raw.
I was from NJ years back that may be part of the tumor problem. but more likely
what I ate 57 years of sugar salt dunkin dounuts. dont mind us were just a little slow but we will cacth up (thy food thy medicine)

Date: May 12, 2008 11:53PM

Wow, that's really inspiring, well done riverhousebill, glad to hear things are better.

Cheers,
J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables