Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Send healing energy to Narz
Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: June 09, 2006 08:32PM

Please send some good thoughts and prayers his way....He took a pretty bad fall on his bike yesterday. I took him to the emergency room (his gf has the flu) and he broke his left elbow and banged up his right one pretty bad too.

I'll check on them today, keep them supplyed with fresh food, and let you guys know how he's doing...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Send healing energy to Narz
Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: June 10, 2006 12:17AM

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts right away!!

He sure is lucky to have you for a friend!!!
But then I guess we all are. Thanks for alerting us.

Tell him I said throwing himself in front of a car is not the best way to make money!!! hahahhah

Good thoughts for Jamie too!!!

smiling smiley

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 10, 2006 01:07AM

Yeah. I heard. You'll get better fast my friend.

-David Mason

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 10, 2006 02:27AM

smooshie kisses to narz. elbow breaking sucks, and not in the good way either yawning smiley)

Date: June 10, 2006 04:07AM

Thanks terri, dave, coco!

Much appreciated!!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 10, 2006 05:06AM

Heal quickly, brother. Never thirst.

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: June 10, 2006 05:55AM

**Sending healing, loving prayers**

Let us know about your progress when you're able.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 10, 2006 06:36AM

hey narzman

ouch!!
i fell off my bike only twice but i'll never forget it.
in that single micro second, its like, it stretches out to an eternity.
glad you are still alive

wheww! seemed like a close one
hey swimmer

thanx for checkin in on him

hey jamie,

hang in there
tell narz to make you gallons of your fave green juice to cheer you up !

hee hee

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: June 10, 2006 08:43AM

i took a big spill on a bike I rented about ten years ago luckily I was wearing my helmet, but the first instinct when i was falling was to put protect my face in the process one of my arms was scraped pretty bad and I still have a scar there today.

Take care and hang in there.

Love Peace and Happiness,

Cherimoya

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 10, 2006 02:41PM

sending a big kiss better to Narz xXxXxXx
get well soon friend

Date: June 10, 2006 04:16PM

THANKS!!! I'm feeling progressively better. Jamie too! I've been maintaining a very positive attitude and eating as little as possible right now (I needed to fast a bit anyways) and that really helps.

I wish I could hang out with all of you guys. Invite you over to our new place, have a big slumber party.

Thanks again!

Date: June 10, 2006 07:39PM

Hi Narz,

I'm really sorry to hear about your getting hurt and Jamie having the flu. Physical pain is the worst. If you tell us (and others)in detail exactly where it actually hurts and how you feel, it will get better faster.

Also, about the flu -- if you don't mind my asking -- was Jamie 100% raw for a period of time when she got the flu, because it's my contention that if you're 100% raw for a period fo time, you don't get colds or flus, so I'd be curious to know. How long has she had the flu, and what are her symptoms now? If someone can go to the HFS for you and get the Oscillium (I know it's spelled wrong) and have her take that, and also get the Hyland's Flu homeopathic pills, and take 2 every two hours (except the lactose leaves a bad taste in your mouth), I know they will help her -- we've been using it for years and I swear by it.

Hope you're both 100% better soon. Tell Jamie I said hi.

Lois

Date: June 11, 2006 12:17AM

Hi Lois. It's mostly my elbows that hurt. For awhile the muscles in both arms were involuntarily tense but they are starting to relax now.

I think raw folks can still get sick in they don't eat in a balanced way, my personal I have been sick on raw (though not as much as on cooked).

In this case your guess was right though, along with some stress from her job and our move she was eating a lot more cooked food lately. She started cooking alot of vegetables (albeit organic ones) and eating some meat too (free range, organic beef, lamb and some fish). She went from basically 100% raw to eating a cooked dinner maybe 5 out of 7 days almost overnight. I think (and she thinks) it may have been a contributing factor.

She's eating really lightly now (barely anything since she's been sick) and plans to stay mostly raw from now on. smiling smiley

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: June 11, 2006 03:02AM

Hey Narz!

Sorry to hear about your spill. Glad to hear that you're keeping your spirit up! Probably as important for good quick healing as any other factor!

I'm glad you weren't hurt any more seriously than you were!

I just gotta ask this question - how's your bike doin'? Was it your recumbent?
I know it sounds kinda materialistic - but I just LOVE my bike and it'd be hard to accept if "she" were to be damaged (injured) beyond repair. Anyway - I hope that you and your bike (and your girlfriend) are all better soon!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Date: June 11, 2006 07:10AM

who the heck is jamie anyhow? that is Not the name that i remember. what did i miss people? clue a sister in already...

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: June 11, 2006 07:53AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> who the heck is jamie anyhow? that is Not the name
> that i remember. what did i miss people? clue a
> sister in already...

Check out the easter thread coco. I bumped it up for you.

GET WELL SOON, NARZ!!!!

Date: June 11, 2006 08:02AM

Hey alive, my bike was damaged somewhat but should be ok. Haven't tested it yet.

It wasn't the recumbent, I had to leave that back on the East Coast (cost way too much too ship). Actually if I was on the recumbent I'd probably be alot less injured.

Coco, Jamie posted here back in the good ol' days. She was jamielor.

Date: June 11, 2006 08:03AM

oh & thanks Suz!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: June 11, 2006 10:26AM

Sorry to hear about the accident Narz, I trust you're doing much better already.
Thinking you to a speedy recovery winking smiley

Good to hear from you too swimmer, good wishes bud.

Cheers,
J

Date: June 11, 2006 05:26PM

Yes, I wanted to add that it's great of Swimmer to help you out, Narz. How close do you live from each other? Do you still live near the ocean or did you move to a university area like you were mentioning a while ago?

Date: June 11, 2006 05:47PM

Thanks Jose!

John used to live about ten minutes away. Now that we've moved it's about 30-40 minutes. We're right by the beach, semi-near the university. I'm going to be looking for a part-time job (or two) as soon as I'm healed. smiling smiley

And yeah, Swimmer is great, one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my (almost) 27 years. smiling smiley

Date: June 12, 2006 02:20PM

Thanks everybody for pitching in. I'm sure all the energy helps!

I Went to hang out with Tony and Jamie yesterday...as you guys can tell he's doing a lot better. His elbows are healing, and he's his energenic self again. Jamiie's fluis getting better as well.

Sunday, the three of us went to the farmers market together. We had a blast! Beautiful warm sunny day, lots of locallly grown organic fruit and veggies to sample....pretty ladies everywhere wearing shorts or sun dresses....LIFE IS GOOD!

Hey Jose! I'm good, I hope all is well with you. I keep looking in my astronomy mags, waiting for a new universe shattering string theory to be published by a british raw foodsest!

Speaking of blushing....you forgot about our joke, you were supposed to send me a picture so I could make a "blushing Jose" for deeds and ver.

Thanks again, to all of you!

Date: June 12, 2006 04:04PM

I gotta remember to read my posts before I hit the post button...

I guess I deleted a sentence or two by mistake, including a reference to blushing.

Anyway, I'm only doing what I believe...Helping others is a fundamental purpose in life.

It's great to see narz getting better so quickly!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2006 04:08PM by swimmer.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: August 22, 2015 07:00AM

wOW ALL THIS FOR SOMEONES ELBOW. I FEEL THE LOVE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables