Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What Laundry Detergent Brand Do You Use?
Posted by: Jose ()
Date: May 04, 2008 07:32PM

Hey arugula (and others),

Have you seen these before? [www.treehugger.com]

One pack is supposed to last for 1,000 washes, making it eco-friendly and also very affordable. Save quite a lot in the medium to long term, as the per wash cost is about 1/5 of normal cost.

Cheers,
J

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: May 04, 2008 11:19PM

Boric acid & borax are two different chemicals..Boric acid is considered to be a pesticide, & is still used as such by exterminators to this day..

Google both chemicals for their differences..

Bruce

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 05, 2008 01:07AM

Oh, sorry -- from the first article which shows them together (boric acid/borax) I assumed they were the same thing.

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: May 06, 2008 06:47PM

Went to the store today..Purchased both the washing soda & the borax..

The Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda was priced at $1.99 per 55 oz. (by weight) box, plus $0.10 MD State sales tax for of total of $2.09 per box..By volume there is 6 full cups of washing soda per box..This translates to $0.087083 cents per 1/4 cup measure; & $0.174167 cents per 1/2 cup measure..

The 20 Mule Team Borax was priced at 3.49 per 76 oz. (by weight) box, plus $0.33 cents MD State sales tax for a total of $3.82 per box..By volume there is 11 full cups of borax per box..This translates to $0.086818 cents per 1/4 cup measure; & $0.173636 cents per 1/2 cup measure..

Rounded up, both the washing soda & the borax are costing me between 8.75 cents to 17.5 cents per load of laundry when I choose to add them to the wash load..

Taking into account the cost of the Bio Pac liquid laundry detergent, my laundry chemical costs now range from between 7.25 cents per load at the low end to a maximum of 25.75 cents per load..

When compared to the costs per load when using even the least expensive powdered or liquid laundry detergents sold by the big manufacturers; the Bio Pac laundry liquid & the powdered boosters are far more economical choices..

When I take into account the gentler effects that these chemicals have on my skin & the environment the choice is even more clear..

Bruce

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables