Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Biology of Belief
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 02, 2008 07:00AM

Someone posted this on another forum and I thought it was somewhat interesting.

I found these to be pretty interesting so I thought I'd share them with the class.

Part 1

Part 2

"Recent advances in cellular science are heralding an important evolutionary turning point. For almost fifty years we have held the illusion that our health and fate were preprogrammed in our genes, a concept referred to as genetic determinacy. Though mass consciousness is currently imbued with the belief that the character of one's life is genetically predetermined, a radically new understanding is unfolding at the leading edge of science.

Cellular biologists now recognize that the environment, the external universe and our internal physiology, and more importantly, our perception of the environment, directly controls the activity of our genes. This video will broadly review the molecular mechanisms by which environmental awareness interfaces genetic regulation and guides organismal evolution."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Biology of Belief
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 04, 2008 08:39PM

I watched the whole thing, which was about 2 hours long. I liked what Lipton had to say, though I could see the mainstream biology folk not liking what he says. He referred to some very new age-ish ideas - Louise Hay (who I like), and the type of thinking that was in the movie "The Secret".

I liked how he explained how stress affects the body - shutting down growth in the body, moving blood away from the viscera into the bones and muscles, shutting down the immune system, and feeding the hind brain rather than the frontal lobes. I also liked his model of growth versus protection, and how cells move either towards growth or away from danger/stress.

The stuff about mutation was great, how mutation is not random like is talk in traditional biology/evolution theory, but how the cells and organisms mutate to adapt the environment, including the restructuring and reengineering of their own DNA. And that this newly changed DNA can be the propagate in future generations. Also about how in the human mother, the environment she is in during pregnancy shapes and molds the baby inside.

I also like out he explained how our consciousness does not reside inside our body, but is part of the environment. This is probably going to be a stretch for most people to accept.

Re: The Biology of Belief
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 05, 2008 12:01AM

I thought it was good stuff. I wouldn't call it "new agey" per se. Just common sense.

The Secret takes it a little too far (saying you can bend the laws of nature to suit your cravings) but there's no doubt to me that emotions are among the most powerful things in the universe. Even if you can't magically create a pot of gold with your mind alone a change in perspective can help you notice the pot of gold that already is. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables