Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

organic vegan girl->raw vegan princess
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:11AM

I started raw in earnest yesterday. It's raw forever now. 100%
I have wanted to for quite a while but there is always a reason to put it off until tomorrow, or next week. I like to say "let's celebrate by eating!" while dancing around and I totally mean it. Eventually it just got to the point where I looked at myself and said "look, are you or aren't you? Quit lying to yourself." My motivation is varied. I want to experience ultimate health and purity. I want to be the best I can be. I want to enjoy and expand upon this journey that I have started of self exploration and spiritual, physical, cosmic awareness and empathy. I want to look how I feel inside, I want to appear my heart's desire.

Day 1
26yrs old
5'8
unsure of weight,I threw out my scale last week.
feeling: happy, upbeat, optimistic, excited
I have just finished drinking 3 gallons of organic apple cider over the last couple of days in order to cleanse and get ready for The Change.
3 reps of 20 tricep dips, walked to the store and then to work and back.

Up at 5am and I went shopping at 7am and I felt so excited and so thrilled to be finally starting this!

morning:
apple cider 2 litres
pint of strawberries
raw walnut halves

lunch:
banana
coleslaw
(gala apple, purple cabbage, carrots, green cabbage)

supper:
fruit salad
(mango, 2 bananas, fresh pinapple, cut up strawberries, cut up apple, 2 tbs ground flax seed)<-this was really really good, although you needed the banana to tame some of the insane sweet/tartness out of it.

Stayed up until 10pm reading this forum, feeling very happy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: organic vegan girl->raw vegan princess
Date: May 11, 2008 02:12AM

Day 2

weight:170lbs
There is a scale at work. I knew I had gained a bit back but I was hoping that I wasn't over 165lbs
feeling:disapointed because of that, stronger in my reserve and strength to continue and make this a life change, optimistic, pudgy.
3reps of 20 tricep dips
walked to store,back and to work.
Up at 7am

morning:
2 pints apple cider
left over fruit salad, still so good.

afternoon:
walnuts, almonds
spaghetti
(carrot peelings on a bed of ripped up spinach with marinara over top. Marinara consisted of red pepper, 6 sundried tomatos marinaded in cold pressed olive oil which i poured in along with the tomatos, 2 roma tomatos, fresh basil, oregano,ground flax seed...I think thats about it)

supper:
large salad which I barely touched, just wasn't too hungry
(carrot peelings, cabbage, tomatos, cheese made from soaked macadamia nuts and garlic, red pepper, cucumber)

the spaghetti was really really good. I was happy I found the recipe on here and although it had called for curled zucchini I couldn't find any, organic or otherwise so I used carrots instead. I was surprised how full I got off of all of that.

Also when I was walking to the store today, starving and feeling debloated I noticed that the fat on my body tingled, almost burned. My tummy, the sides of my hips and a teeny little part on the top of my butt. Wierd hey? I wonder if it's from the cleanse I just finished up or what. Cool though. I like that it makes me conscious of how big I am. And hopefully soon, how small I am.

I felt really gross after weighing myself. I am keeping my emotions in control over that reaction thru the idea/hope that I will drop the weight fast now being raw vegan and having no opportunities to say, yeah, I WILL fry that up! Sweet Christmas, what was I thinking?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2008 02:16AM by dumpy princess.

Date: May 14, 2008 01:39PM

The very next day after that was really hellish. My head and neck hurt really bad all day. I felt like there was a fire inside my body, My skin hurt. I got two belmishes. I ate all day and felt sick all day. I didn't lose any weight. My tongue was thick and pasty and I couldn't get it to stay clean.My eyes really hurt.
Basically, I was detoxing. This went on for about three days.
Then I went on a road trip and got fairly intoxicated and yesterday was the worst I have felt in a LOOOOONG time. The hangover was worse than any in memory and I barely even drank really. My tolerance had gone way down to both booze and impurities I suppose. I feel alright today. I know I need to stop eating so many nuts if I want to lose any weight. So I'm hoping today to stop riding the nut train.
I'm going to try to make time to try yoga tomorrow morning.
Thankyou.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 14, 2008 08:28PM

Hey DP! I empathize with you! I really want to do this too, but when reality hits and I get a craving for French Fries or whatever, I feel like a drug addict! I've been really fighting the cravings and not giving in to them lately by reminding myself of my goals: how I want to look and more importantly feel! I'm 46 and when I eat cooked food my back aches, my hands ache, my digestive system rebels, my energy goes down the tubes, etc. Not good with a three year old daughter! I have to stay young for her sake, and in my opinion raw is the only way for me to do it. When I eat 95% of more raw, I feel amazing!!! Like a kid again! I only allow myself a few non-raw condiments if there isn't an alternative that will work with what I am eating (ex. black bean sauce with my nori roll) But be patient with yourself and don't give up if this is what you feel is right for you.

Date: May 15, 2008 03:44PM

thankyou sundancer!!! I haven't eaten any non raw foods or condiments but let me tell you, the urge to do so that day I was hung over was very very great!! the only thing that stopped me was knowing how I would instantly regret it, possibly regret it while even indulging and then it's like, "well what was the point of that?" So I haven't. But Im also a real all or nothing girl. One extreme to the next is definitly my game. Which isnt exactly all that healthy either, ahaha.

So I find now my desire to make these semi elaborate suppers has really gone down. I have really gotten on the smoothy train. And I basically just add fruit to ice and blend. I am enjoying it alot.when i first started i was learning and writing down recipes like a mad man.

The amount Ive been peeing has gone down quite a bit too which is nice because while I was detoxing it was like every friggen fifteen minutes and that was getting annoying! I feel thinner although I haven't had an opportunity to weigh myself, and I don't really look too different I can feel it inside. A greater awareness of how my body moves and reacts. Its really cool.

I have been watching on you tube this girl who decided to go raw vegan for a year and video documented the whole thing. Her year is up and I believe she still is raw vegan but I was wondering does anyone else watch it?I am obsessed!!

I hope to cut out nuts almost completely for a while. I feel burdened by them. Like they are holding me and my progress back and I feel like a junk foodie when I eat them, so I want to stop for a bit. I can do it smiling smiley

Also I did Shivarae yoga trance dance today. I liked it however mostly for the meditation at the beginning and the relaxation at the end. durring the dancing part i just closed my eyes and moved liquid and slow which is not totally what you were supposed to do I think, but hey, its my journey!!

love and peace.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 16, 2008 04:38PM

yeah, it's your journey! Keep up the good work!

Date: May 18, 2008 03:11PM

so it's been one week and what, a day? Yesterday my boyfriend made textured vegetable protien chicken with "cheese" and "bacon". I didn't feel craving or tempted by the food. But I did want it. So I ate it. I don't nessisarily regret it, but I think it definitly wasn't worth it. I was surprised how heavy and sluggish I felt immediately. I bought a dehydrator and I'm making some crackers right now. Yeah, sorry, I messed up. But it's not like I broke down. I calmly chose to try it. And I am only stronger in my resolve now as a result. I'm actually kinda glad that I did that because now I really truly feel like I'm not missing out.

I wish I had a friend that was vegan, let alone raw vegan.

Date: May 20, 2008 09:10PM

day 11
strider:960cals burned
tricep dips 3x20
single leg ball bridge 10reps
hamstring curl 10reps
prisoner squat and hold 10reps
walking:to gym->work->downtown->home
feeling=great!although anxious about a future road trip
SMALL def. beginning to show on arms
weight= 167 at gym
so far I've learned that 1.nuts inhibit my weight loss, make me feel "heavy"full, and possibly even cause me to gain weight.To be fair though last week I did eat like 70 dollars in nuts, no word of a lie. Perhaps a bit excessive, hahahaha!
2.I don't like vegetables too much it turns out.
goal:eat less, work out more, work up to fasting one day a week.
today is the first day I've hit the gym in earnest for the first time in a few months. About four. so I actually am feeling pretty good about it. I feel like I am ACTUALLY giving 100% as of today, and not just a big poser.
thank you for listening.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables