Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw butter
Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: May 15, 2008 01:34AM

Can anyone suggest a place online to purchase raw butter cheap. I live in philadelphia,pa and i dont think-with gas prices- trying to find an actual farmers market who seels it would be worth the drive.

If I am wrong on finding a farmers market that would sell raw butter let me know?

And of course where can I purchase it online at the cheapest plaace?

Does it take some time to get use to as far as taste trasition?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw butter
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: May 17, 2008 12:28PM

As far as I know, raw butters are perishable because they have live enzymes and live bacteria. So I make my own mostly out of coconut, which to me is a decent vegan dairy substitute. I've heard some say their local health food store is their favorite source for raw butters.

Hope this helps..

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: May 24, 2008 02:41PM

Loeve,

How do you make your own raw butter with coconut?

Mona

Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: May 25, 2008 02:08PM

Hey Mona,

How do I make raw butter with coconut? Good question..my juicer [www.powerjuicer.com] does not claim to be able to "juice" coconuts but that does't stop me tongue sticking out smiley

This question came up a while back on the juicing board:

Re: Almond Milk in Centrifugal Juicer?
Posted by: loeve (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2008 08:26PM

Coconut oil:
Warm the meat of a mature coconut to at least 76 degrees F. (melting point of its oil) and juice. Yield- 1 1/2 cups oil, 6 cups flour, flush out the juicer with 2 cups warm water for some coconut milk.*

Coconut butter:
Warm the meat of a mature coconut to at least 76 degrees F. and juice with one cup warm (hot) water, mix the juice with the flour and whatever oil is cached in the basket and bowl.* Yield- about 6 cups (crunchie) butter.

Coconut milk:
Same as above but up the warm water to taste.*

* This works in my centrifugal pulp ejection style juicer. Oh, and these oils and juices are all perishable.

Hope this helps..

Does anyone else have coconut butter recipes?

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: May 27, 2008 04:18AM

Wow! Thanks for the great info! Never heard of making coconut oil this way. I wonder if my juicer would do this. It's a Black & Decker that my hubby bought me for Christmas one year. Am willing to give it a try.

Thanks, again!

peace,

Mona

Courage is the ability to change the familiar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables