Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water Fast
Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: June 09, 2008 08:42PM

I am starting a water fast today. I last ate yesterday at 10pm. Looking forward to increased energy, mental clarity, and an increase in freedom from addictions to food!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water Fast
Posted by: leafeater ()
Date: June 09, 2008 09:42PM

Yikes! Good luck! How long will you do it for?

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 09, 2008 10:12PM

I love fasting, I think it is one great tool for our health. When I start a fast I group the days in threes. The first three days are hard because our bodies are adjusting to the change and after that the next three days I just set small goals in order to keep some sort of momentum for the fast. I usually lose a bunch of weight however I eventually gain it back. I tried several fasts this year in attempts to get myself on track with eating raw foods, my eating was way out of control and every morning I would pledge to get myself on track with eating raw, and every morning I would make some toast I kept struggleing with myself, I knew how I felt when eating raw and desired to get that back but something made me feel as if I was going to deprive me of some pizza or bread. Fasting helps us make adjustments but I feel there are other aspects to our addictions that don't even have anything to do with food. For me I have a huge self destruct button that I have to deal with. I am still trying to figure out just hhow to deal with addictions, especially food addictions.
How long are you going to fast for?

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: June 10, 2008 01:31PM

I broke my fast with two organic oranges juiced at 6:30 this morning.
My goal today is to mono fruit eat. Yesterday was really hard. I think I will try water fasting one day a week, perhaps then I can better appreciate what I eat when I do eat. Gradually I hope to increase that to 2 days, than 3 days, etc. I would love to do a water fast for 10 days. Yesterday I read about how you should not go longer than 3 days without supervision, and that in today's time, because we are living in such a toxic time, it's best not to do extended water fasts. I think 10 days would be okay though, I just want to build my way up gradually.

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 10, 2008 06:51PM

I read the same thing about fasting with supervision. I can't afford to have a supervisor. lol I kept a log of my 11 day fast on my diary, you are welcome to read it if you like. Each fast is has different reactions. I love fasting though, it seems to clean the mind and soul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables