Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Start of a new Life
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 16, 2008 02:55PM

Hi everyone

from now one I'll go raw. At least the most of my food will be raw.
Because I've never eaten just raw, I'm happy about evey kind of advise and tips.

Is there something I should take attention on? Which vegetables and fruits have a lots of protein, cause I'm trying to loose weight as well.

Thanks for all the support and comments to my diary smiling smiley)
Regards from Australia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Start of a new Life
Date: June 17, 2008 03:10AM

1 Day raw,

and it's amazing.
In the morning i had tomatoes and soy sprouts and went for a walk in the sunny melourne smiling smiley).
Went shopping, ought fruits and veggies.
Now I enjoy Watemelon and grapes. I always lkoved fruts and veggies. Just don't know why I prefered to eat crap like chips and cookies.

But the hardest time is always in the evening and I look forward to be strong and eat conscious.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 17, 2008 11:46AM

welcome and cangratulations!

Date: June 18, 2008 08:58AM

Thank you sundancer smiling smiley)
I'm happy to be part of this community smiling smiley

How long have you been raw for? Was/is it easy?

Regards

Date: June 18, 2008 09:11AM

Yesterday: Bad finish.

Had 2 peaces of bread and eggs with yoghurt. Don't know why. I just had to eat it. My brain was knocked out. THats so frustrating. Does someone has tipps how to overcome this period.

I know that this food isnt healthy, it's just sooo deep in my mind.

TOday was better. I had a lots of oranges and apples. Celerie and a bit of vegetarian soup. Not perfect but better than yesterday.

Date: June 20, 2008 11:00AM

Hi there!
The sprouts are definitely high in protein.
Hang in there.
I am seeing that its a rare person who can do this 100% from the start.
I get that bread craving too,especially late at nite.
Brian

Date: June 22, 2008 03:28AM

Yeah, don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe you can set some goals of 50% raw one day, 60% the next and so on, or just try to get enough good raw fats like nuts and avocados. I've been making recipes for raw versions of some cooked foods I crave (today I made raw fettuccine with mushrooms and pesto cream sauce -- heavenly!)

I first did raw foods in 1983 but got pregnant and craved steak and milk. Then again in 1985, got pregnant again!!! Then I tried off and on for 20 years, but never knew that other people were into it until about 3 1/2 years ago. I've been at 50-75% since then, but have recently gone to about 95%. That's what is really making the difference for me in how I feel. No midlife aches, skin is great -- wrinkles are fading and dryness is going away, I'm losing weight (I want to lose 30 lbs), and I have way more energy! I love how it makes me feel, and that is what keeps me going when all I think about is french fries.
Good luck!

Date: June 22, 2008 09:31AM

Hey Brian,

thanks for cheering up. I try every day a new start and eat as much as possible raw. Had a great party on the weekend. Lot's of alkohol and stuff. But it was worth it smiling smiley).
Today was a good day. Had Apples, Tomatoes and peas.
At the moment peas are my favourits. I could eat the whole package every day. Awesome.

Do you buy soya sporiuts or grow them yourself? What would you recommend??

Thanks Irina

Date: June 22, 2008 09:52AM

SUndancer,

I'm far away from "cooking" raw food smiling smiley. But I'm looking already for tasty salads easy to make and able to take away for work or a trip smiling smiley

I like the idea with raw food more and more with every day. How do you experience the reaction of other people. HOw do you guys manage events like parties and x-mas? Is everything just raw for everyone or do you cook for the guests? Would be great to know smiling smiley

Regards Irina

Date: June 26, 2008 10:33AM

the last days Iwas at least 60-70% raw. I'm sooo proud of it.
Just have to keep going and sort out the milk and all the diary products.

What do you guys have instead of milk. I tryed once Soy milk. But it is definetely nothing for me. It tastes like flour and water ...baehh
But I still love milk and stick to it...Even if not as much as earlier.

Date: June 27, 2008 12:59PM

I was making almond milk until I ran out of really raw almonds. I'll get more when I go to California, buying them directly from the farmers I know there. I'll have to check a whole new bag for the almonds!!

Date: June 28, 2008 06:07AM

Hi Sundancer,

wow milk out of almonds. That sounds very expensive. 700gr. Almonds cost more than 13$ AUD here...But I'll try!!

I bought some soy beans this week and will try to sprout them. We'll see how good I'm in gardening smiling smiley))

here you soon

Date: June 28, 2008 02:43PM

Almonds are expensive here, too, but you end up using less than you would think. I soak a quarter cup (70 grams - ish) of nuts in 1/2 liter of water overnight, they double in size. Then you rinse and grind the nuts up really well with 1/2 liter of fresh water and strain through a cloth, you have 1/2 liter of really rich milk -- I make mine a little weaker for drinking. I add a little vanilla or some cacao and chopped dates or banana or sweetener and whiz it up really well, or I make it a little richer and blend it with mushrooms, garlic, a few pine or other nuts, and herbs and spices to make sauces for veggie pasta. You also can use the nut meal for raw crackers or cookies or other recipes. So for 1.3$ AUD you have all that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables