Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

always STARVING
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 19, 2008 01:49AM

Okay...so this sensation of always being STARVING (not just hungry, but stomach-growling starving)...it goes away right?

I'm in my first few days of being raw, and I really dislike that I'm constantly fiending for a snack. Did anyone else experience this? Is this a normal part of the adjustment process?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: always STARVING
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 19, 2008 03:38AM

Yes, I make chocolates with raw cacao, agave or dates, coconut oil or meat, and pecans. Sometimes I'll make a ganache with cacao, agave and coconut oil, and dip the nuts in that, or I'll mix it all up into a big gooey ball of decadent bliss! There's no feeling deprived after a bit of deliciousness like that!! I also make sprouted almond milk and eat about a half an avo a day.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 19, 2008 06:27AM

What are you eating?
Flax is high in nutrients and calories. I would sometimes make a flax meal by grinding a couple tablespoons of flax seed in the coffee grinder and mix it with blended applesauce, it tasted like oatmeal. You can make flax crackers as well. Another thing is tahini, That is dense in calories and you can either dip celery in it or make a salad dressing.
keep up the good work though your body will love you for it

Posted by: leafeater ()
Date: June 19, 2008 05:23PM

yeah, I know what you mean. I'm new to this lifestyle as well and have found that I rely quite a bit on the "junk food" to keep me satisfied. Avos definitely fill me up. I also just gave myself the green light to eat as much as I want as long as it's raw. I am so used to limiting and watching what I eat, it is very freeing to just eat when I'm hungry. As a newbie it is hard to believe the quantity of food consumed, however, having read many posts it seems very common to eat whole watermelons in one sitting and such. good luck!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 20, 2008 12:40AM

Thanks for the tips everybody...it really helps.

This morning, I was still very frustrated with feeling hungry, and almost decided to have scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. However, I thought about the goals I had set for myself, how important it is to me to eat clean food...and had some fresh bananas, berries and nuts instead. So my new lifestyle is safe for another day!

Thanks again--it helps to have a supportive community here.

Love!

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: June 27, 2008 04:41AM

If you are new to raw and hungry... eat! Eat lots if you have to! Don't feel bad eating a whole bunch of bananas if you are hungry for them. Your body is shifting so drastically. I went from vegan to raw vegan and it seemed in the beginning I was constantly eating. I even ate a lot of nuts back then. Now I don't need as many calories, and can't eat very much! Haha! Enjoy (o:

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables