Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Raw and very excited -- still cooking for a finace who eats meat ; (
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 29, 2008 06:37AM

I end up losing my appetite after I cook my fiance's meals..... Not sure what to do. Eating Raw vegan and it really agrees with me, but cooking for my fiance is really doing harm to my appetite. Any raw recipes that might sneak under his "cooked food" radar are always appreciated.

I will definitely need some encouragement to stick with this. I miss being part of a community : (

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Raw and very excited -- still cooking for a finace who eats meat ; (
Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: June 29, 2008 06:50PM

Hi bizziegold,

Check out www.goneraw.com for tons of recipes! Congrats on discovering raw! I find you can always entice others with the deserts, and most are filling enough, and great nutrition for a meal! Maybe you can try eating before you cook for your hubby and then share a raw desert together afterwards (o:

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Date: July 01, 2008 07:54AM

Thank you! I'm definitely having fun with the desserts already. Today was the first day I had a hard time. I tried working out and my energy level was so low! Any recommendations for a quick after workout RAW (of course) pick me up? I tried fresh almond milk but it didn't seem to do the trick.

Date: July 04, 2008 09:22PM

In my 8th day of Raw only.... so far so good. Making Almond milk has been my absolute savior. I'm constantly on the go and it has been a great way for me to get nutrients and protein on-the-run. I'm still without a dehydrator -- which I'm dying for!! I started sprinkling curry powder on my nuts and putting them in the food processor to make a kind of nut-pate Indian Curry. I have always loved experimenting in the kitchen so this has been a blast.

As for the finace/ meat issue, I started eating my meals before I cook for my fiance --- he eats a lot of meat and it grosses me out. I still cook it for him which makes me feel really guilty, but I am trying to slowly ween him off of his meat-heavy diet. I have been experimenting with making Almond milk and I put Banana, Cinnammon and date in the blender before filtering and he loves it! He woke up this morning and asked for nut milk instead of eggs --- So thank god he is making progress.

I am definitely interested in starting to sprout... that's next on my list for this week. Quick question to whoever is reading this. Did anyone experience an explosion of emotions in the first weeks of Raw? I find myself crying more than usual as well as experiencing the opposite side of anger more than usual as well? Just wondering ; )

Love & Aloha,
*Bizzie*

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 05, 2008 02:53AM

There's an awesome thread on the main board called "Raw Emotion."

It's definitely a journey for mind/body/spirit. It increased my sensitivity to EVERYTHING--which can be a useful tool for bringing about positive change in an environment.

My sense of smell and taste have become so sharp. In the beginning of my raw journey, I would shovel down nuts from the bulk store. Now, my senses have sharpened to the point I cannot TOUCH the nuts from the bulk store, because they are all rancid and moldy... if you catch the drift of my analogy.

Heightened sensitivity is definitely a good thing. I tend to explode into tears if something gives me strong heart feelings.

Haven't had anything with anger--but I've overcome years of depression and anxiety without looking back, partly due to the extra energy, partly due to the positive input, and partly due to my personal effort.

Embrace the changes! =D

Date: July 11, 2008 04:59AM

Thank you for the encouragement. I have definitely mellowed out and more level headed. I don't find myself craving any cooked food. I am actually less "hungry" than ever before. Today was the first day that I woke up feeling great and had consistent energy throughout the day. I did eat a bit of quinoa yesterday and that felt good -- I soaked it for as long as possible and only cooked it for a couple minutes. My body was craving grains and I haven't received my dehydrator yet (ordered it online).

Tonight I cooked chicken for my fiance for dinner and I made my own raw recipe and he actually put his meat away without eating to eat off of my plate. He told me he could live off of this raw dish and almond milk solely. So I couldn't be happier.

I'm sure this isn't necessarily original but I did make it up as I went along.

I'm going to call it the "Bizzacado", here is the recipe:

1 whole avo with skin peeled off and pit removed

For filling, put all of these ingredients in the food processor on low to keep a chunky consistency

Half an onion
A handful of Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh garlic clove
Cilantro (to taste)
1 Serrano pepper ( less if you don't like spicy)
Flax Oil
Celtic Sea Salt

Place filling inside the "bowls" of the avocado and sprinkle the avo/ filling with Nutritional yeast and a bit of salt. Let the nutritional yeast soak up some moisture from the avo before eating.

This was nice because I could cut into my avocado as my fiance was cutting into his chicken, helps keep me raw "mentally"

Aloha!

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 12, 2008 07:06PM

I'd make the fiance cook his own meals. Why are you obligated to cook his disgusting meat if it bothers you that much?

Date: July 13, 2008 01:12AM

I would rather him eat healthy food and if I leave him to his own devices he will eat crap and be unhealthy. I'm doing my best to convert him and it is working faster than I expected. We are moving to a vegetarian permaculture farm soon and then he will have no choice. Then my life will be significantly easier.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 28, 2008 12:55PM

<<<We are moving to a vegetarian permaculture farm soon and then he will have no choice. Then my life will be significantly easier.>>

pFFTTTTT!

HAHH!!

that's the way to do it!!!!

LOL smiling smiley
put him to work in the field!
hee heee

and GROW those beautiful vegetables !!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 28, 2008 06:36PM

Growing food sure worked for my kids! The oldest one (27) has a big garden and is loving it! I love the reports! It's his baby! My little one will eat anything out of the gardens and she knows a lot about plant ID, growing techniques, etc. The other two live in apartments with their families, but they love farmers' markets. Great strategy -- heh, heh, heh!!! ;} Here's a pic with the oldest and the youngest and mwa.

Sundancer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables