Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie here, what to eat in the winter?
Posted by: new2green ()
Date: July 07, 2008 01:27AM

It's all great in the summer when you don't want anything hot anyway. But what about the winter? I'm new to raw. Just started and I am loving it, but my family of 4 is not all in agreement with me, so I cook for them and lots of times I sneek in some raw to the their meals. They like it, but so far, they cannot go totally raw. When school is back, I'm sure there will be all kinds of "crud" my 13-year old son will eat in school. (He is embarassed to take raw lunches to school) But anyway, I am worried about the cold and the lack of some hot soup to take the chill away. For what I read, it looks like everyone leaves in California!! Any tips will be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie here, what to eat in the winter?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 07, 2008 06:30AM

That's a good question, I've been playing with raw for years and don't have a settled view myself but I do have a few things that work for me. I rely on green smoothies - when I don't feel like eating salads. I dehydrate more in the winter. I do make warm soups, just not cooked. I'll add warm water to the blender and use a pre-warmed bowl. I use more ginger and I do drink hot tea in the mornings a lot. Hope this helps...

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: August 13, 2008 03:19AM

"Warming foods" should help. You can try Thai or Indian salad dressings with curry powder or Mexican inspired foods with hot peppers and cayenne pepper. Lukewarm water mixed in with miso is pretty warming, though I'm not sure just how "raw" miso really is.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: August 13, 2008 11:38AM

I do a lot of warm soups in the winter, making them spicy for warmth (and flavor), and I do use miso for the probiotics. I do more gourmet recipes also, making them warm, because they are more filling. I also hit the sauna at the Y on a regular basis. I am a transplant from California to Massachusetts and do almost all raw, even in winter. And I drink tea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables