Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HOO-RAW!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 07, 2008 02:47AM

My name is Ashley I'm 23 years old, and I have just started my Raw diet a week and a half ago. I do use the label fruitarian because most of what I eat is fruit, with some veggies.
I have to say so far this has been amazing for me, and not to mention my workout. I'm kind of a workout freak, always feeling like I never do enough...and I have had some troubles along the way with that. But thankfully now I don't feel the need to run for half a day lol. I have more energy, and I honestly look great (I promise I'm not concieted)...I have a glow back instead of a dull color to my skin. I feel fabulous! Figure I'd post what I ate to keep up, I have hardly any support at home which is no one's fault but it is hard.

B: 2 apples and sliced some kiwi
L: 1 banana, some cut up cantaloupe, a few strawberries, and green onions as a snack (I know I'm a freak for that but I love the stuff)
D: More cantaloupe and green onions (not together lol)...wasn't really hungry.

I was also curious, if anyone's reading, what their recipe for almond milk was.

Thanks!

Ash

Re: HOO-RAW!
Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: August 13, 2008 03:24AM

Hi Ash,

For nutmilks it will make your life a lot easier if you have a paint-strainer bag (hardware store - 99c) or you can get a "nut-milk bag online or maybe at a health-food store (like $6 online). I soak 1 cup of almonds 8-12 hours, then drain the soak water. Next I rinse the almonds off and and put them in the blender with 2 cups of water and blend for about a minute. Strain through the bag for "plain milk." For sweet milk I add in 2-3 dates and a tsp. of vanilla extract. For more "eggnog-ish" milk I throw in a 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg then a 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.

~CJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables