Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oh horror!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 26, 2008 10:06AM

Not intending to go 100% raw I started replacing an important part of my food with raw yesterday. All night I had pains in my stomach and spent quite a lot of time in the bathroom. I'm still bad and can't bear to even think of eating anything raw except I managed to chew my way through a banana. I obviously started off a bit too extreme and shocked the system, but how do I start gently? I had a lot of raw vegetables like cabbage, paprika, tomatoes, sprouts, soaked nuts and even beets which are my main suspects as I never ate raw beets before. I'm smashed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh horror!
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 26, 2008 03:40PM

I have a hard time eating raw cabbage perhaps use a milder vegitable like spinach or romaine lettuce. I have juiced beets but havenet eaten them raw yet but I usually have to go to the bathroom after juiceing beets. One time I had to much wheat grass juice and was rolling in pain all night it was awful. I had a hard time changing over but with a few adjustments I leveled out.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 26, 2008 05:08PM

Thank you!

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: August 26, 2008 11:59PM

Take things nice and slow! Just incorporate more fresh fruits and some veggies / a salad, and a green smoothie every day to start, along with what you're used to eating to begin with. Make heathier choices, and take things at your own pace - ther's no need to rush things too quickly! Allow your body time to adjust to all the changes... feel better soon!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables