Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Caffeine and non-vegan question...
Posted by: ledouxc ()
Date: September 06, 2008 02:25PM

I am wondering, does taking in caffeine make a huge difference
in it not working? As in making you feel a lot better?

I can give it up while on tour easily as I am a songwriter and worry about
my vocal performance - but when at home, I go right back to it!

Also I know this is a vegan forum, so if I am raw and use eggs or cream in
coffee or sometimes fish and or turkey, does this make me not a raw eater?
Does this mean I am not 100%?

Sorry, I am not trying to break any rules, I am just confused and still learning
exactly what going raw entails - I mean really.

Thanks for any help, advice, finger-pointing for using the dreaded non-vegan terms. <3

warmest,
Christene

www.christeneledoux.com
www.innsbruckexpats.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Caffeine and non-vegan question...
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 06, 2008 03:20PM

Christene,

First of all, welcome to the world of raw foods! Embarking on this lifestyle is quite exciting, and offers a lot of health benefits.

When I started raw foods, I was a SAD eater (an omni eater), and during that transition I continued to eat animal products. But as I progressed, my intake of them decreased over time and when I went to all raw, I was only eating honey. And after some time even that went away.

There are no rules on how you have to do your transition. There are the non raw things you wlll eat during your transition, and what will happen is that as you get healthier, your body will start to tell you that certain things don't feel good any longer.

As for your question about being a raw eater, you are a raw eater if you consider yourself a raw eater. Yes those things you mentioned may not be neither raw nor vegan, but if the bulk of your foods are, you are a raw eater.

Coffee is a remover of health. You get some stimulation or energy from the coffee, but at the cost of making you more tired later and it acidifies your body. You will ultimately have more energy if you quit coffee and go through the physical and psychological detox, and then allow your body to catch up on the rest it may have lost because of your long term caffeine consumption.

So I would say that coffee does contribute to raw not working as well as it could. This is because rest and sleep are a huge component of healing, and coffee prevents getting good rest and sleep. Also, each time you drink coffee, your body is spending energy on remove the toxins from the coffee out of your body, instead of healing older previous damage that may have been done in the past.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables