Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing while Breastfeeding- Duo
Posted by: Duo ()
Date: September 18, 2008 07:11AM

Monday will be the first day of my Juice Feast. I am nursing a 9 month old, and plan to continue for several years.

Transitioning to 100% has been difficult because of my too-fast-to-Fruitarian approach. I mono meal sometimes all day on all fruit, and that lasts a month or more, then I backslide, sometimes for a week at a time.

I am developing a better understanding of the importance of greens and extra life force during the cleansing period, so I intend to focus this feast on those things.

I most look forward to facing some emotional blockages that may still be hiding behind the dense raw foods I consume. Another bonus will be the satisfaction of providing my son with the purest nutrition available.

Katra is onboard, I look forward to sharing thoughts with anyone else who is interested as well!

Love Duo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing while Breastfeeding- Duo
Posted by: katra ()
Date: September 19, 2008 02:35AM

I have been on again off again raw for the past 5 years and recently transitioned back to 100% raw. I have been toying with the idea of a juice feast for the past few months and in that time have started to take it more and more seriously as something that I would like to do. I have been struggling with the eating of overt fats as this is something that I am trying to get away from. I like the light and energetic feeling that comes with omitting them. I feel like I have come through a lot of hurdles in this last year or so and am looking at this juice feast as a gift to myself and my daughters. Thank you for putting this out there, Duo!

Date: September 19, 2008 02:35AM

As a side note, how do I post pictures on here? I would like to post a before photo as well.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: September 19, 2008 05:58AM

katra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a side note, how do I post pictures on here? I
> would like to post a before photo as well.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Sapphire

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 19, 2008 02:46PM

My daughter is pregnant and wants to go raw but says she will wait till she is nursing. I am looking forward to reading your diary it will show her that it can be done and nurse as well.

Date: September 20, 2008 01:49AM

Thank you Sapphire! I am actually going to start the feast on Tuesday as the Autumn equinox holds great significance for me.

Date: September 20, 2008 02:01AM

Ok here is my before

Date: September 22, 2008 11:17AM

Well I just learned that this year the equinox is today! But...since I already ate a peach I will still be starting the juice feast tomorrow.

Date: September 23, 2008 02:02AM

How did day 1 go, Duo?

Date: September 25, 2008 06:11PM

Thursday, day 4!

I'm very jumpy today. Like quick to jump up to do something else, take another bikeride. its only 11 am. normally I would still be moseying around.

Didnt feel much Monday or Tuesday, a little bloating, or maybe I was just constantly full. Yesterday I felt euphoric and talked to a woman at the store like we were good friends.

Mon & Tues my 9 month son was extremely clingy and I hardly put him down all day. Recently he has been eager to crawl around and explore. Last night he reached out for a sip of juice, and it hit me... He had stopped eating because I didn't eat, and he naturally eats when and what I do, or atleast nibbles at it. I gave him some tastes from my cup, but certainly messed up his routine.

Today I've had carrot, apple, kale juice. And a shot of parsley. Not hungry, feel very watery, energy level is high.

Katra, California Avacado! I know what you mean about the fats!

One Week
Date: September 30, 2008 12:14AM

Reversed. Feeling clear in the digestive tract, and foggy in my brain and eyes. I want to just sleep all day.

My son is still very energetic, and doesn't seem to be experiencing fluxes like I am. I don't think I can continue to do this without some help. Its more than just me wanting to sleep, its not wanting to visit with people or go anywhere. We missed playgroup, and I didn't go to the library again today.

If this fog wears off, and I experience high energy again, I still think I would want to sleep or atleast take it easier than I did last week... JUICE HIGH!

Tomorrow morning, I may start to incorporate whole foods. Another issue I am not sold on, is replacing diverse, fresh fiber with packaged bulking agents.

Best to you Katra. And anyone who may be reading.. . . back to bed~ Duo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables