Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WendySmiling Raw Journal 9/22/08
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: September 22, 2008 10:23PM

Today is day 1 of going forward. I've been eating raw smoothies for breakfast since I went vegetarian in May 08. Now I'm looking to incorporate more raw. I'd actually like to go 100%, but they say not to rush it hmmmm.......

Today
Smoothie:
1 nectarine
1 banana
1 scoop rice protien powder

banana

Fresh german rye bread with avocado,tomato, onion, red leaf lettuce, banana peppers.

Marinated raw mushrooms with pine-nut cream.

I think another smoothie later.

I bought more fruits this time, thinking that's what I was in the mood for, How I wish I remembered some sweet peppers, zucchini & squash!

Today was an awesome day!

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WendySmiling Raw Journal 9/22/08
Date: September 28, 2008 01:50PM

Today has been one week.

I lost 4 lbs from 171.5 to 167.5. I had a few slip-ups but I'm learning and growing. I feel a lot better. I'm craving fruit and just gnawing on raw veggies doesn't seem appetizing to me right now. <shrug>?

I have found marinated raw mushrooms to be amazing and raw squash/zucchini to be good as spaghetti. I'm kinda scared of salads because they made me sick when SAD with my gastroparesis. Maybe I'll try one tonight.

I don't know if my body is wanting the fruit or my mind is wanting it. I guess I'll go with the fruit until my body wants veggies.

I am walking. I did 12 miles last week. I sprained my ankle yesterday, so am staying off it today (pout).

I'll post before and after pics after 30 days.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: October 13, 2008 01:31AM

I'm kinda tired of fruit. I never thought I would say that. It's been 3 weeks. Some days I'm higher raw, some lower. I try not to feel guilty for eating cooked food.

Today I had a lot of homemade vegan chili and some great raw jalepenos. I learned not to use my thumbnail to scrape out the seeds. My thumb is still hot from this morning (under the nail).

I'm off for some fresh juice.

:-)

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: October 14, 2008 04:35PM

I wish I had a place to be alone. To meditate and reflect withour interruption, without the claustrophobic feeling of my house and the mess and bills. My house represents stress. I wish there was pretty nature here.

I don't know why I feel I have to post my food. Am I looking for approval? answers? Ideas?......hmmm.... me thinks approval is in there somewhere.

Is pondering WHY I still eat candy helpful, or is it just more time spent thinking about food. A counselor once told me it doesn't matter to the ER doc HOW you broke your arm, what matters is that it's fixed and heals.

I know it I eat fruit, I crave more. If I eat candy, no craving of fruit, just more candy.

It's 11:30am. I have 18 more days of October to fast, eat, be gentle. I am SO craving beans....<shrug>?

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: October 17, 2008 12:03PM

I started my juice feast today!

2 oranges
2 nectarines
1 apple
Made 16oz juice.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: October 18, 2008 03:21AM

Day 1 was fairly easy. I have a slight headache, but no worse than the ones I had SAD eating. I only had a 1/2 gallon of juice today. I think I'll incorporate more water or more juice. I felt lightheaded at times.

BUT I made it with no food.. NO CANDY (yay me!) I need to pick up some spinach.

Lunch was spinach/apple/carrot (YUM)

Dinner was tomato/bell pepper/celery/carrot (also YUM)

Can't wait for tomorrow!

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: October 18, 2008 03:45PM

Well I'm definitely detoxing. I've been severely constipated for years due to gastroparesis, a gut motility disorder. I could not "go" on my own without precriptions. Yesterday (Day 1) I went 3 times! The evening one was diarrhea.

This morning after my juice I had it again, and most of it was clear. Odd... but I feel great!

I'm off to go fruit & veggie shopping!

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: March 09, 2009 01:40AM

It's been 5 months since I have been here. My GP has been horrid and I have been searching for a way to eat solid food. I tried McDougall's site (recommended here). All the fruit & veggies & beans were a disaster. It was simply awful. I keep fighting the knowledge that I should most likely go liquid because everything hurt and bloats. I did vegan, vegetarian, low fat pescatarian. No difference all of them hurt. I hit about 160 here and now I'm up to 190.

I found out I was misdiagnosed w/ adrenal deficiency and put on cortisone for 4 years and now have Cushing's Syndrome. Has a lot to do with the weight gain.

I have to try fruit and juicing again.... I don't want to end up with a feeding tube.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 09, 2009 03:32AM

> found out I was misdiagnosed w/ adrenal deficiency and put on cortisone for 4 years and now have Cushing's Syndrome. Has a lot to do with the weight gain.<

Damn, Wendy! I feel for ya. I've been down the cortisone route too, when I was a kid. If it's any help, I had horrible drugs given to me when I was 8 that made me heavy too, but eventually I got all that crap out of my system with raw food and fasting. It makes me so mad that they do these things to people and mess with their lives, seemingly without a care or any attention to the side effects.

Please feel free to PM me if you feel like it. I'm a good listener. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 10, 2009 01:53AM

Thanks Sharrhan! <3

With my gastroparesis I have absorbtion issues. First things first... eat (or drink) what I can and try to keep the bloating down. It would be nice to wear jeans again. My tum bloats out to about 50 inches when I eat. My hips are 38 inches. I have to wear elastic waist pants. Mmm.... attractive.

Plan of attack: High raw (high fruit).

I'm doing an elmination diet. Today was bananas. I ate 3 and drank 1+ 1/2c berries in a smoothie. I also had a 1/2c of non-fat yogurt and 1/2T peanut butter. It was almost exactly 80/10/10. I'm sure I'll have another 2 banana and some strawberries before bed time.

I'm waiting until I feel hungry before I eat. I know this doesn;t seem like much food, but I have to eat tiny amounts at a time and then wait for a hunger signal with the gastroparesis.

I call today a success.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: March 11, 2009 11:53PM

Doing fine with the bananas and a 1-2 T of peanut butter a day. I need to add in another fruit this weekend. I'm thinking melon, but it's not in season yet. Ick...cantalope. Maybe I'll try pinapple. It's seems pretty fibrous though. ???

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Date: March 12, 2009 02:18AM

Cantaloupe makes fabulous juice, if you have a juicer: frothy just like a milkshake. Look for the ones that look a little worse for the wear and are ever so slightly bruised-- they're usually the ones that are sweet and ripe. ;-) I get them discount at the local market, and they never fail to make wonderful juice.

I'll have to look up the gastroparesis thing; not familiar with it. I have some issues with bloating, too, that even 25 years of raw food haasn't really effected any significant change. (Except my stomach gets flat in a hurry when I fast.) Luckily for me, my mate just sees my extra inches and curves as 'voluptuousness' and doesn't go for the skinny look.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 12, 2009 12:21AM

Wow it's been 2 months since I was in here. Today was a fruit salad with bananas, oranges, apples & walnuts. Dinner was green leaf lettuce w/ lemon tahini dressing and some walnuts. I know it's too much fat, but it's better than cooked. My goal is to try a new food or simple recipe each week.

Crap: The salad made me bloat horribly and I'm still hungry....hmmm... live and learn.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2009 12:36AM by wendysmiling.

Date: May 12, 2009 01:45AM

It sucks to be questioning every aspect of my food intake. Is it too much? Too little? Too much fat? Not enough? Enough vitamins? Do I supplement? What if my nuts aren't raw? Throw them out...or eat them and get raw next time? How long to wait between meals...and what if I'm hungry? I do great with fruit but am diabetic. Does it matter?

Entirely too many years of dieting...<screams>.......

I did fine with fruits today (as always) and then bloated with lettuce/tahini dressing, but still hungry so had 2 smoothies. I feel like a whale....and it's only Day 1 of being back raw.

SO much confusion and negative energy. I'm going to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

BR: 1 Banana

LN: 1 banana, 1 apple, 1 orange

DN: 3c green leaf lettuce w/ lemon tahini & a few walnuts

SN: smmothie (2 bananas w/ blue berries)

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 12, 2009 02:12AM

It gets better, wendy, everything is different and perhaps you are out of your comfort zone but after a while you get use to things. I never thought I would like zuccini as chips for salsa but I like it even better than the chips. I have struggled for two years fighting with myself about eating raw foods. I got a taste of how wonderful I feel when eating raw and then went off and ate cooked foods and bounced back and fourth from raw to cooked but I started to get real bloated and felt awful when eating cooked foods so I have been raw for about a month and a half and feel so much better. I think I finally got a conection in my thinking that I was doing the best for my body by eating raw. I hope you start feeling better. I have to watch the fats as well they make my stomach feel sour. Hope you are feeling better
Love Pam

Date: May 12, 2009 10:32PM

Zucchini chips with salsa-- yum, that sounds really good right now. Have you guys ever had kale or collard green chips? I cut the stem out and cut them into big pices, marinate in whatever I have on hand (spices + vinegar, for instance), and dehydrate till cripsy. Amazing! I bet they'd be good with salsa too.

Okay, I better cool it. I'm juice fasting, and thinking too much about solid food is probably counter-productive right now. ;-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 13, 2009 11:32AM

Thanks ladies. I felt better yesterday. Today will be a good day. It doesn't help there has been almost no sun here for 6 weeks.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables