Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

*waves hello* eating Raw and loving it all....
Posted by: shellydj75 ()
Date: April 18, 2007 08:56PM

Hey everyone. I am new to this "raw stuff" and on day three. I actually really really like the concept and my goal is to feel better and to stop eating refined, processed, unnatural CRAP! I have always thought about going raw, though I never thought I would have the time with 4 kids...that is (2 boys, 1 daughter, and a hubby = 4 kids!) haha Though, I have always loved fresh produce and fresh homemade veggie juice.

I have been really tired and worn out and feeling like I am 100 years old. I am 32 and want my energy back. I deal with panic attacks, and have all my life though have noticed that the past 2 years I have had more when I use to go years without anything major. I spend so much time making sure my kids eat correctly, as they eat all day, esp the boys, and cooking my hubby the greasy, fatty, southern cooking that he HAS TO HAVE, that I have forgotten about myself. So cramming misc carb items (don't even really like carbs) in my mouth to get through the day.It has taken its toll. I have gained 20lbs and it just isn't the same fat as the old 20's fat.... I feel like a slob and developed adult acne...whoa! I want my life back.

After reading everyone's post I began the raw life!

I am loving it. So I have vowed to take it slow and told myself that any dietary change is better than before.... so I cannot fail at this!

Day one
I was in what I called melon heaven... I ate fruit until noon...then a spinach carrot juice, then a big ole salad with so many veggies and herbs that no dressing was required. Then for dinner I had steamed salmon and snow peas.

Day two... I followed day one as I enjoyed it a lot.

Today I had fruit until noon, then I made this awesome avacado salad. I was shocked that it tasted so good minus the sour cream. I added sprouts.. I am still eating on this as I used two avocado's.

For dinner I am not really in the mood for meat...my southern boy has requested fried chicken, mashed potatoes, buscuits and gravy.... WOW, that makes me wanna puke.

My boys will come home from school starved, so I have been laying out all the fresh veggies and fruits I have been eating....they have really enjoyed this.

So thanks to everyone for posting... I have enjoyed reading everyone's success stories.

I don't know if I ever want to go 100% raw, though I know today will be a 100% day, just because I don't feel like cooked meat or cooked anything. The goal is to continue to combine well and remember the rules... as to why I have been eating mono the past two days.

My juicer broke and I ordered a new one. I can do spinach, carrot, and kale juice all day long.... yum yum.... so my current goal is 80% raw 4 days a week and 100% 3....this could change, though that is the current goal.

I live within walking distance to a great market that supports the raw lifestyle so the transisition has been easy.

I am trying to quit smoking....that is the harder part of this deal.

Today I feel less bloated, though I am kinda out of it.... I think my body is going through serious white flour and sprite withdrawl!

I don't think my hubby has noticed that I am eating differently, as I have never eaten what he eats. Though, then again I could lose a limb and I don't really think he would notice..... *laughs*

Take care,
Shell

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: *waves hello* eating Raw and loving it all....
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 18, 2007 09:33PM

hi there....well welcome to the forum and congrats on going raw!!! you are doing so well with your transition and it is only day 3 good for you.......you are getting in some yummy raw foods!!! yay!!!
are you planning on doing the raw vegan thing in the long run at 80% and 20 % vegan cooked?? or are you going to do fish and meat and stuff?? that will be interesting to see as i don't think anyone has tried that aspect...most go all vegan when starting...but i am sure that it will work out for you....that is awesome that you have chosen to gain your health and life back!!! good luck to you an di can't wait to see your progress and continued happiness on your raw journey!!! keep upthe wonderful work...and just smile when making that food for your country boy...knowing what you are oging to have is going to make you happy healthy and strong!!!
love earthangel
xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 19, 2007 01:47AM

Earthangel, Thanks for the reply! smiling smiley I had gastric bypass surgury 7 years ago and lost 200lbs. Basically, with the surgery I have... I malabsorb. I struggle keeping my protien, iron and calcium levels up. My stomach doesn't contain much acid, so things just travel through. Kudos to all that have found health, though I can't imagine at this particular time.

I am not much of a meat eater at this point, though I couldn't let go of my fish...yum! Though I have many days pre raw were I couldn't really even "stomach animal flesh" so I would mix whey protien to keep my levels up. I can't absorb much from bean and I don't really believe in too much soy protien. I wonder how bad whey powder is for you? So the only percentage that would be "non raw" would be fish. I hate cooked veggies. So we shall see, everyone here is very informative so I enjoy gaining insight from you all!

I know that I can commit to fish or chicken, really just a fish fan....only 3 times a week. I have to keep tabs on my bloodwork and see how this diets affects the RNY surgery. So if you know of others that are bypassed and Raw, I would love to chat.
So we shall see, everyone here is very informative so I enjoy gaining insight from you all!

Date: April 19, 2007 04:18AM

hey there...yeah that is a tricky thing to eat raw and keep up with...but once you get all raw you should be able to get the protein..what about avo's and soaked and grinded nuts?????? that should be good....i am not sure but i vaguely remember someone else with the rny surgery posting on here..post on the main forum and meeting place...see what you can come up with...you might be surprised!!!!
well good luck with everything and i look forward to watching you learn and grow on this awesome journey of health,body,mind and spirit!!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 19, 2007 01:17PM

WOW to today...that is all I have to say! I woke up feeling really good (never really do this) and I looked in the mirror and the dark circles under my eyes are practically GONE (weird cause I only got 5 hours of sleep) This is something I have had since my 20's and have paid senseless money trying to erase. I mean my last purchase was this $150.00 cream that didn't work! I blamed it on my genes..... now I know what it was.

Yippy Skippy, I am sooo happy!

I haven't eaten breakfast yet... I wish my juicer was here cause all I want is a good veggie juice... I am going to run up to the juice bar and have them make me one they have the freshest greens around.

After that I will go to fruit. I need to check out some local farmers markets cause the bulk produce buying is expensive.

Earthangel...thanks for the meetup tip... I signed up for TN and they are having a raw potluck next week I am going to attend!

I think this lifestyle may become addicting. I ate my huge awesome salad last night as my husband dipped his fried chicken into his homemade gravy and didn't even care.

Though on a funny note. I was at the grocery last night and had raw honey and unpasterized cheese in my cart....along with some spinach...the lady behind me looked at the items and remarked "You are asking for trouble with those items"! I looked in her basket... oreo's, chips, bagels, frozen entree's and thought..... hmmm probably the other way around...... though smiled and check out.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 19, 2007 02:58PM

lol some lady once said that to me too while she was loaded up with chips and pops . ... and i had 10 avos' , big bag of apples .. bag of oranges..zuch's and superlong english cukes...

weird how people are .. smiling smiley

i just grabbed the cucumber and started 'fencing' with it at the checkout and exclaimed .. I SCOFF AT TROUBLE !

notta nother word from her winking smiley she probably thought i was nutz winking smiley

Date: April 19, 2007 05:59PM

hey there hun..yeah some people lol they think they have or know it all...especially when they are loadedup on sugar highs haha..but to each their own....they were being sincere in their tip haha from what they have heard and be exposed to it is bad...but others find it different....like even if you would of posted that on the main forum some people would tell you that it is bad cuz it is not vegan ahha so you never know about it....that is cool did you find the raw cheese with kosher enzymes so they didn't use animal rennets?? i looked for that for my girls at work but couldt' find it aha..i wanted to get it though since it is better then the cooked stuff....hmm well you are doing wonderful!!! keep up the good work and don't listen to anybody do what feels right and what is good for you!!!
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 19, 2007 06:16PM

EA
You are so right in your post... everyone has an opinion! WOW! I asked a question on the food board about exit on Whey Protien that I mix with water also if you could combine...well I was told my post was not appropriate.... to each his own.. I forgot Whey was a by product of milk.... duh on myself I wasn't even thinking? Not like I was asking on how to skin a pig for my upcoming roast....yucky *laughs*

I have a lot of Vegan friends that are very strict in thier diet and roll thier eyes at me when I order chicken. Though have the nicest leather bags in the world....*laughs* We just make fun of each other over and over... to each his own I really believe that... Some do it for health, others it is a true and very caring way of life towards all living creatures.

Anyhow..the cheese is made by organic valley...yep unpasteurized and no animal rennets... haven't tried this though.... don't know what to combine with?

Date: April 19, 2007 06:27PM

hi there...hmmm yeah i know i saw that...i was going to mention this but didn't want to discourage you....but then i saw you posted on the main forum about whey and knew before looking that you had been told that...because it is a vegan forum the talk of animal products aren't appropriate...i actually read somewhere that there is more then by product of milk in whey that it is other things too i will look that back up and see if i can get the website so you look at it it was yucky stuff haha but to each hsi own is exactly right....well your vegan friends are vegan by def haha....cuz that includes not owning using or helping in anyway of animal products..which i am not sure how much people actually follow on here..so i don't know...haha it is a crazy thing...i buy the vegan shoes and bags and products lol i go all out..but i found the coolest running shoes by earth shoes i think....and they are vegan COOKED of course haha i don't know lol.....but they are shoes...........

yeah i am not sure what to use the cheese with since i dont do animal products of any such...but i am sure if you use it like other receipes with cheese you can use it...like caprese salad with tomatos and such>?? add your raw cheese in there...or you can buy carol alts book and she includes things about raw cheeses and raw fish..even some raw beef...so that might help you!! someone who doesn't do the vegan thing only raw....check out here book!!!
good luck....take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 20, 2007 02:42PM

Thanks EA...
I do like Carol Alt's book basically for her recipes. I am also a fan of Natalie's book the Detox Diet because she also has non-vegan suggestions. I think I am the only person on this site that is non-vegan.

That is okay cause I am also non something smiling smiley usually conformist *laughs*

Yesterday was a bit tough..don't know why, though after reading some of the posts I think I get it....My kids had ballgames last night so we all met for pizza. They were out of oysters...sorry to all that grossed out... so I just had a salad without dressing or cheese. I took the leftovers back home a stuck them in the fridge before we jetting out the door for the double hitters and I took one bit of that dang cheese pizza. No biggie....and I dashed..

When I returned home that pizza was mocking me sooooo bad from the fridge....I don't even really like pizza?

It was begging me to eat it.... tanting me.....WERID... I became so hungry, which I am never....

Like a mad person I dashed downstairs and threw the box in the garbage and ate some dates. That was mere torture!

Anyhow... I am juicing today cause my breville finially came... I love this juicer cause I can chuck whole apples and citrus down the shoot.

This morning I have had two Kale/celery/apple/lemon drinks... a bit later I am going for somthing spinach...can't decide.

I love Kale... though I go thru it sooo fast. I need one of those economy frigs. I have both of mine stock with produce.

I am trying to plan for our weekend trip to my mother inlaws....they eat crazy mad...and I usually cook for everyone (I am a personal chef). She is in a small town so I usually have to bring up some food and supplies so I may load up the juicer and produce...she will think I am a nut!

Date: April 20, 2007 02:47PM

Oh also...if anyone has a good veggie or fruit juice they wanna share I am here to juice...smiling smiley

[i161.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2007 02:47PM by shellydj75.

Date: April 20, 2007 06:44PM

hi there...good job i knwo it is tough...but good for you throwing out the pizza sometimes that is what you have to do..get rid of the problem!!! good for you!!!!! cuz then you might of said well just this then that is it...but it doesn't work like that haha...so good for you!!
yay for the juicer that is exciting..my juicer isn't here yet so i am sad...but hopefully it will be here later today or tomorrow!!!!

well gal take care and keep up the good work....now how can you do juice with your rny if you dno't think you can do purely raw?? just curious if you think like everyother day or what??? well gal take care and be careful!

love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Date: April 24, 2007 05:02AM

hey there..haven't heard from you since the pizza hah how are you hun...hope all is well..i am here for ya
take care
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 26, 2007 02:33AM

I am here... all is cool. I had a weekend out of town, though I brought my food with me...hahaha. I have lost 7lbs without even trying...and I eat avocados sometimes two each day. My body is still adjusting, though I am feeling better. I ate whatever I wanted on Sunday..... ugh...not a good plan...my body totally rejected. Though I was coming off a two day juice fast and felt I needed protien. I am not beating myself up over anything... I know that I am placing better food in my body no matter what. I haven't had any sugar or processed foods in over a week. I haven't had grains or bread and feel great. My pig out on Sunday was using real salad dressin...hahah oh and beer...hahah So one day lost though the others have been great and my skin looks AWESOME! I am listening to my body and not worrying about anything else...just being healthy! How are things in EarthAngels world?

Take care
Shell

Date: April 26, 2007 03:46AM

Hey there..yay that is awesome!!!! good for you doing so well and feeling healthy and looking glowing!!! how is the rest of life....7 lbs that is good...keep up the good work...i have been good...today was a tough day though....really tough actually
well take care hun glad to see you posting again
love earth angel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 08:08AM

hey how are things going for you??? hope all is well!!! take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables