Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

young newbie...
Posted by: emiliab ()
Date: December 30, 2007 10:35PM

hello to all. This might sound very cliche or whatever it might sound like, but I made a resolution to go all raw for 2008. I've tried it before...but I just recently got surgery and I've been so unactive for the whole month of december. I gained prob like six pounds. Im not fat, but I would like to buckle down. And do something with my life now that this will be my first year in college...and I'm going to be living on my own. I'm an avid buddhist. So going raw would soo play a part in meditation and that whole ensomble.

To tell you the truth I grew up eating really healthy food outside of the raw world. For crying out loud my mother used to hand make my baby food and dump veggies and meat into a blender. The down fall is that we travel a lot, and food is like a big part. Its just that living in a wealthy family means eating at the most she-she places. So going raw is going to be a little tuff. But I haven't eaten beef in like a year and pork I never eat. And im gearing aay chick after watching this Peta movie...ahah. But I eat fish.

So I told my mothe about going raw and she basically laughed at my face. And this is what she said "your going to f*** up your disgestive system." SO I definaltly don't disrespect my mother's words so I just laughed really hard and said to myself...wow she's clueless. Anyhow..I tired doing that master cleanse sooooo many times. NO CAN DO. So Im just going to go raw without it. Sadly, I've been eating all the @#$%& food this world has given us in the last few days telling myself "this is it...its the last time you'll be eating this".

Is there anything I should now? Tips, Advice please! I have a tinny bit of acne...I'm hoping that will go away once I go raw. Im also doing this to lose weight. Just the extra baggage and a little more. Well I'm two days away from going all raw forever!

wish me luck....obviously If I can do this till April...I can do this for life. Its not that hard. We weren't pt on this world to live to eat, but eat to live.

-Emy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: young newbie...
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 30, 2007 10:53PM

Hi and welcome, and good luck! You are sooo lucky to have found raw foods at a young age. Lucky, lucky you!

Do what you can, read as much as you can, stay motivated thru other means, websites, books, newsletters, etc.

Find a group maybe at meetup.com of other raw fooders in your area and go to potlucks, get to know some, and do other things like out for tea, or visit your local raw food restaurants.

Think 'simply' and try not to get complicated, remember it's all fresh healthy produce and if you have plenty of money than organic as much as you can find it.

For college a good blender is all you need to start with and tell your friends it's not for mixing alcoholic beveragessmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Date: December 30, 2007 11:20PM

hey prism,
yea I got a food processor/juicer lasy year. I used it for carrot juice. But not actually all raw. I'll be using it a lot more now. But I just want simple stuff? Im looking through the recipie and food section and everything is so complicated. I guess I can eat fruit, veggies, and salads.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 31, 2007 05:31AM

I am in the EXACT same boat...and when I say exact I mean:
-I have been a vegetarian for close to 7 years now, I don't eat any meat, but do still eat Fish (Which I began eating again about a year ago)
-I've wanted to go Raw for a good 2 years now but wanted to do thorough research in to it before dedicating myself to it, now that there's a new year on the horizon I'm attempting to go the distance smiling smiley
-No one in my household eats raw or is vegetarian. I however, live away from home for the most part as I'm in College
-For the past 2 weeks I've been trying to do a liver detoxifying cleanse and continuously end up eating things that really have no health value ie: Sweets and Breads
-I live in a community where there's really no support for this type of lifestyle

If you ever need anyone to chat with, let me know!

Date: January 04, 2008 03:49AM

thanks so much. PM me if anything as well...im having a tuff time starting out. I gained 10 punds in a month and a half. only b/c i was sick and unable to be active. But my stomach got to filled up that im always hungry. It should go back to normal. Im praying to acutally go RAW!!

eternaljustice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am in the EXACT same boat...and when I say exact
> I mean:
> -I have been a vegetarian for close to 7 years
> now, I don't eat any meat, but do still eat Fish
> (Which I began eating again about a year ago)
> -I've wanted to go Raw for a good 2 years now but
> wanted to do thorough research in to it before
> dedicating myself to it, now that there's a new
> year on the horizon I'm attempting to go the
> distance smiling smiley
> -No one in my household eats raw or is vegetarian.
> I however, live away from home for the most part
> as I'm in College
> -For the past 2 weeks I've been trying to do a
> liver detoxifying cleanse and continuously end up
> eating things that really have no health value ie:
> Sweets and Breads
> -I live in a community where there's really no
> support for this type of lifestyle
>
> If you ever need anyone to chat with, let me know!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables