Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruit fabulous!
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: January 13, 2008 07:50PM

Hey all,

So as some of you may know if you've been haunting these forums lately, I have struggled with anorexia for about ten years (I'm 23 now). I recently relapsed and was just released from the hospital, during which I had a naso-gastric tubefeed and an IV against my will. I have been mostly raw for about a year, and now more than ever I want to 1) cleanse my system of the corn syrup and canola oil "nutrition" that was pumped into me via the tubefeed, and 2) *truly* heal my body, mind, and spirit from the damage I have inflicted on it over the years. So for the past 6 days since my return home, I've been eating mostly fruit and feeling FABULOUS! I have SO much energy (too much?) and I feel cleaner than ever before! However, my "diet" scares the crap out of my family and seems "extreme" to my doctors; therefore, in my determination to regain and sustain my weight and health through raw foods, I am going to post here occasionally to keep myself accountable and to get support from this community. Thanks for reading!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruit fabulous!
Posted by: optimist4life ()
Date: January 15, 2008 02:04PM

Welcome, I know this will be a long and difficult journey. However, it sounds like you are ready for the healthy challenge.

A good way to stay raw and keep your calorie intake up is to eat Lara bars, dried fruit, and nuts.

I look forward to reading about your journey.

Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: January 15, 2008 04:07PM

Hi!

So yesterday I strayed from my fruit-only feast and made the almond-carob pudding from Ani Phyo's book. SO worth it!!! Not like a traditional pudding in that it was slightly grainy, but still yummy as ever. Then for dinner I used my new julienne peeler to make zucchini "spaghetti," tossing it with some store-bought almond-spinach-cilantro pesto, cherry tomatoes, raw olives, and nutritional yeast, and topped it with some fresh ground pepper. Mmmm, orgasmic!!! For breakfast this morning, I am going to eat a whole pineapple; then it's off to hot yoga!

Just had to share my excitement and abundance of fruit-fuelled energy with people who care (not my mom!).

~the enchantress

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 16, 2008 11:03PM

Dont let your family or doctor slow you down. If raw is feeling good right now, just keep truckin' into the future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables