Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Off the Raw Path and Lost Over in the Woods Somewhere
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 19, 2008 03:12AM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>unk food or worse.
>
> As Jodi often says, "Onward and Upward!!"
>
hehe its the only way to fly !!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 20, 2008 08:23PM

This week I'm on The Canker Sore Diet.

That's where you cleverly but completely unconsciously bite the under-side of your tongue, creating a nasty little canker sore that festers a bit and stings like crazy whenever you eat any food. So I'm on mild juices and things that taste and feel like baby food and don't contain too much citric acid. As you can imagine, I'm not wildly hungry.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 20, 2008 08:34PM

ouch sharrhan ! those really are a pain to deal with ..i find not drinking citrus too helpfull when they happen ..even leaning to doing wheatgrass swishies in my mouth for a few days hehesmiling smiley

makes ya kinda wonder how ya can even bite under there in the first place haha

Date: November 20, 2008 11:33PM

>makes ya kinda wonder how ya can even bite under there in the first place haha<

Yeah, it takes real genius! ;-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 25, 2008 12:05AM

Finally! My 'Canker Sore Diet' is winding down; tonight I am finally starting to be able to eat almost normally (though I'm still staying clear of spicy, crunchy and acidic foods). I was beginning to think this painful physical episode was going to just drag on and on, but suddenly it's getting noticably better. I think I turned a corner when I a) consciously meditated upon the healing Presence today and b) went to the gym with Jonathan and did a moderately strenuous workout for 50 minutes to get my blood moving, which always helps clear out impurities.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 25, 2008 01:34AM

when you can say she sells sea shells down by the seashore without dribbling wheatgrass down yer chin .. yer good to go !! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 25, 2008 05:24AM

hahahaha, you're a wisegirl, Jodi! */*

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 05:25AM by kwan.

Posted by: curly girly ()
Date: November 25, 2008 09:49PM

glad you're feeling better...

Date: November 25, 2008 10:43PM

Hurray! Tonight I had a crumchy salad (with oil & vinegar, no less) and vegetables and it didn't bother my mouth at all! I will now dispense with the soup and mashed potatoes-type glop I've been eating all week and get back to smoothies and fruit! Woopeee!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 01, 2008 02:16PM

Dec. 1st-- yikes!, Christmas is less than a month away! Well, at least I have my mom's present so far, and a list of things to make for everybody else. That's better than I've done in years past.
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving holiday and weekend. I'm doing much better emotionally lately, even though I'm still struggling with some issues. I'm learning to 'play' with them and turn them into exciting challenges instead of being upset with myself for not being perfect. At least in theory, lol. ;-)
I found these wonderful books (they're readable online for free) by a spiritual teacher named Mozumdar at www.mozumdar.org, and they are wonderful! I have been printing up segments from them, reading and working with them. It really has helped me enormously to finally have found spiritual teachings that resonate very deeply with me-- that's something that's been missing for awhile in my life. About a decade ago I was still very much influenced by the teachings of one particular teacher/healer whose books I had collected; I learned a lot from him and felt that I was growing spiritually and becoming more grounded. Then at some point his teachings didn't quite resonate with me as much, and I drifted from them. Since that time I've been looking for 'the next step,' knowing it would manifest, but feeling rather impatient. Of course, ultimately, it's all inside of us anyway, but it seems so often that when we open up to the inner truth, it manifests outwardly, too, as a teacher or a book to give us a little extra sustenance. I'm so grateful to have found this new treasure.
My eating habits have been pretty okay lately, but there's room for improvement. Ultimately, I know that solving my food conundrums requires me to get very clear about some things. I'm still not sure whether I want to follow 80/10/10 or something else; I'm not sure how much fruit to eat; I'm not sure if it really matters if one eats a small amount of cooked food; and I'm continually attracted to the idea of juice fasting and a primarily liquidarian lifestyle. In the meantime, sometimes I feel I eat too much fat. Finally, I wonder how much calorie restriction figures into the health equation. And of course there are finite financial resources to consider when shopping for raw foods that can sometimes be quite expensive. That's a lot of options, contradictions and dichotomies for my mind to sort out!, lol. But I will. I feel I'm ready.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 02, 2008 10:57PM

Tonight I just got verbally 'skewered' by a person who apparently is struggling with self-esteem and maybe mental issues on the O.T. forum (this thread: This Is Change? 20 Hawks, Clintonites and Neocons to Watch for in Obama's White House), and I've just about decided for my own peace of mind I'm going to have to stay off that forum for awhile, since this particular individual is pretty much running roughshod all over that board lately consistently off-putting messages.

Maybe it's time to 'fast' from the O.T. board, till Christmas or New Years. I know if I do I'll feel much better. I can spend the time I usually spend reading and answering people's posts doing paintings and making jewelry instead.

On to another topic: is anyone here juice fasting right now? I could use a juice fasting buddy. I know I need to do a juice fast, but I haven't felt too psyched about it. Usually I wait till I'm feeling especially overfed or overweight and then I start a fast (dragging myself kicking and screaming, so to speak), but I don't want to approach it from that negative standpoint. I want to just feel like I'm doing it for the joy involved.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 02, 2008 11:24PM

yep Sharrhan i will probablydo the same .. i for one know my hubby will probably get some peace from me jumping up and yelling and typing like a madman

OT can have their drama without me

Date: December 03, 2008 12:31AM

>i for one know my hubby will probably get some peace from me jumping up and yelling and typing like a madman<

hahahahaha!!!!!! Just like me! All of a sudden I'm furiously typing away at breakneck speed, ignoring everything Jonathan's saying to me and getting totally blindsided by this person's silly provocative and inflammatory comments. Sort of comical if you look at it another way. (But really, it's something I want to overcome.) Yes, I think I need to take a break from it-- it's not healthy, especially for her. What if **** went on the board one day and posted all kinds of tirades, but NO ONE responded? What would happen then? It would be interesting. Maybe she would have a Zen moment. ;-p

It's gotten so bad that many people are requesting a separate board for the political posts, so we can get the 'off-topic' forum back to some level of civility and sanity. If any of you are at all interested in this prospect, please write a PM to Bryan the moderator, and ask him to make a completely separate Political Topics board. Thanks!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 03, 2008 03:32AM

I already PM'd Bryan about it, as no reasonable comprimise seems to be able to be reached

the fact that people are saying it will be boring without the drama of politics tells me how sick some folks really are

Date: December 03, 2008 11:02PM

well ive chosen to walk away from OT, there are 11 other forum headings here i feel that i can pretty much find a slot for any of my innane one liners to find a home for. smiling smiley

i look at it like walking away from the bully on the playground. You can't logically debate with people who arent logical in the first place, its just a waste of time smiling smiley

Date: December 04, 2008 12:40AM

Damn!, girl, '****' has succeeded in driving away one of the shining lights of the rawfood forum. It's just not fair!! I don't blame you for leaving though; I'm probably going to do the same very soon. Then they can spam the board all they want and it's likely the O.T. forum will become quite one-sided politically as other people join us and give up on it. (They've already been leaving, largely, I believe, because of this one person's antics.)

I was more than open to having the dialogue between people with different viewpoints-- it's the way life IS and it's fine-- but this ugly, nasty character assassination is unsufferable. There are a few people on that board who just don't make the distinction between disagreeing civilly and disagreeing like a jerk.

On a more positive note, I don't see why we can't post thoughts on this (diary) board that we might otherwise have posted on the O.T. forum. Not quite the same, but at least here I think we are respectful of each other and not out for blood.

I started my juice fast today and I'm feeling really great; it's probably a good time to begin my 'fast' from the O.T. board as well. I'm going to see what transpires there this evening and make up my mind. It's not worth losing any of our peace of mind; better to walk away from it if, in fact, the tone of that board is going to continue to deteriorate. Dealing with it definitely affects me in a negative way sometimes; I think I can handle it, but I find myself at times feeling like I've been 'brought down' mentally to a place where it's harder to connect to love, joy and peace. So definitely: if things do not change significantly in the next 24 hours, I'm outta there!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 04, 2008 01:02AM

it ok Sharrhan ,i just dont feel its good place for me to be at the moment considering whats going on there . playing psychological ping pong with people that arent *all* there is too exhausting smiling smiley

good idea on the alternative OT posting grinning smiley it can be the thread where nothing else fits grinning smiley and well if its too boring then that will be fine by me lol .. i dont need to validate my existance by antagonizing or provoking people for sake of my own amusement smiling smiley

Date: December 05, 2008 03:55PM

Jodi--
I just sent a request to Bryan to create a separate Political forum, at Coco's request. I hope he does it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 05, 2008 04:04PM

Well, here's a small victory for me-- one that I'm really happy about: I have been gaining some weight lately; I've been noticing I'm softer and wider in the thighs and midsection and I DO NOT like it. I worked pretty enthusiastically with some metaphysical exercises yesterday from A.K. Mozumdar's book 'The Triumphant Spirit' (it's free online), specifically targeting my internal 'software' that programs me to believe: 1) I always gain weight in the fall, 2) it's hard for me to lose weight, 3) I'm naturally slightly chubby and pear shaped, and 4) I only lose weight through grueling work, like fasting or dieting strenuously. ;-p Quite a burden of false beliefs to unload!

Well, this morning I happened to look in the full-length mirror in the bathroom, and I'll be damned! Noticeable (positive) change!

I'm still going to continue to do my juice fast, but I feel much more empowered now that I have my mind and emotions on board with my goals.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 05, 2008 11:03PM

I'm beginning to think this stuff really works! (DUH, Sharrhan.) I recently (about 2 days ago actually) started filling my mind with massively positive energy about my musical career prospects, and my desire to start a really great band again. Well, tonight my flute player friend Bill showed up unexpectedly at my door and dropped off the DVD from that gig I had a couple weeks ago that was so much fun, and I told him to pass the word to other musicians he knows that I'm looking to jam and perform and get a band together. Outcome: Bill asked if I want to be in a group with him, and he and I are going to put a band together! This couldn't be better, because we get along really great, we're not competitive at all (we're both flute players, so that's amazing) and he knows all kinds of incredible musicians and already has a band and lots of connections. His whole family is a collective of musical geniuses, and I was fortunate to play with all of them recently.

It's quite clear life does not always have to be a struggle or a kind of resignation to less than we had hoped for. (Not to say that it isn't sometimes-- I know my husband struggles with his visual problems, for instance)-- but there may be many aspects of our lives where we can experience much less limitation quite easily just by realizing that we can. I knew this when I was young. I think what happened is I got turned off by the message-bearers (too mercenary and lacking in a social conscience in their presentation for my taste), so I threw the baby out with the bath water. Nice baby; just throw out the dirty water and keep that baby!

One small technical problem: I can't seem to play the DVD. I'm not much of a techie. My computer has a CD player, but apparently I need to buy an external DVD player? Someone told me I could just stick the DVD in my CD player and it would play the video, but uh-uh, nothing's happening. Any advice much appreciated!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 07, 2008 07:47AM

wow Sharrhan its so awesome the turn around in sucha a short period of time (which to you seems like ages im sure ) but just from a few weeks ago , it really does make you think this stuff really works smiling smiley

youre proof it does !!

sorry not get back to you earlier i spent the day trying ot get the xmas list knocked down to no evail lol .. this time of year is so annoying os much unneeded pressure , lol i keep threatening to go *away* at xmas but i nevre do .. i probably should im certain if grabbed my mom, her oxygen bottle and a couple plane tickets id be having a much better time tongue sticking out smiley

your dvd most likely cant be read on your cd player sorry to bear that bad news .. but perhaps you could hit up craigslist or freecycle for a freebie .. even up here they are selling htem brand new now for 19.99 (compared to a just few years ago at 199.99 lol) if you do wanna go the the cheap route an hit up a walmart or something .. id try freecycle tho ya might get lucky .. someone might have a spare with broken remote ..if you dont mind do in it the old fashioned way an gettin up off the couch tongue sticking out smiley i happen to have 2 such machines here ..for some reasons the remotes die on them .. but it will cost more to ship them to you then its worth or i would tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 07, 2008 04:02PM

>sorry not get back to you earlier i spent the day trying to get the xmas list knocked down to no evail lol .. this time of year is so annoying os much unneeded pressure , lol i keep threatening to go *away* at xmas but i nevre do<

lol! I'm in exactly the same place. I made a list of 'things to do' to get all my gifts made or bought, and mailed, in time to get to people for Christmas, and here it is less than 3 weeks till Christmas day and here I am scrambling again this year! I haven't yet learned to focus, make lists, and take daily steps to accomplish things, so that's next on my metaphysical 'to do' list. Hate to admit it, but I find the Christmas holidays somewhat annoying, as well. Gotta work on that, because I know they can be really fun if I just stop PROCRASTINATING. :-o

Thanks for the kind words and also the helpful thoughts re. the DVD problem. I didn't realize they were quite THAT cheap; we will probably buy one before January. But in the meantime, my band-mate, Bill (such a great guy) came through with a solution: I called him yesterday and left a message that I couldn't watch the DVD, asking for someone to send me a link to it online, so he immediately showed up at my door with a really nice portable DVD laptop last night so that I could watch the performance.

We have a gig today-- Bill and I are going to a blues jam at a local bar that hosts blues groups (used to be 'House of Blues,' but changed management and now has a new name) with members of his band. Should be great fun.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 08, 2008 01:39PM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
! I haven't yet learned to focus, make lists,
> and take daily steps to accomplish things, so
> that's next on my metaphysical 'to do' list. Hate
> to admit it, but I find the Christmas holidays
> somewhat annoying, as well. Gotta work on that,
> because I know they can be really fun if I just
> stop PROCRASTINATING. :-o

ahh yes the cosmic kick in the arse.. i to am terrible at wasting time .. or hmmm perhaps i mean i really quite good at it LOL ..getting more organized is something i really need to work on. On another forum I posted how for most of my life i tend to overthink things and under-do them .. i can quite literally think something to death smiling smiley

i need to take a coco101 class and start my christmas stuff in january tongue sticking out smiley

very cool about the dvd , so when are you gonna post up a copy for us to see ya in action grinning smiley

have fun at the Jam !! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 08, 2008 03:52PM

>On another forum I posted how for most of my life i tend to overthink things and under-do them .. i can quite literally think something to death smiling smiley<

!!! You just described me to a T. I've been 'under-doing' for a few years now, and it was making me really cranky and out of balance. But I suspect you don't have it near as bad as I did-- I say 'did,' because I've awakened from my slumber recently and I'm finally shifting into high gear and getting things done due apparently to my recent change in consciousness. (Thank God-- I was SO in need of change.) I can't believe I practically put my musical talents on the shelf for 10 years, but now that I'm stepping, seemingly effortlessly!?-- what's up with that??-- into a flurry of music career opportunities and connections, as if nothing was lost... it's okay and doesn't really matter. I'm sure the hiatus will have dramatically increased my appreciation and gratitude for the things that are now coming my way.

Yeah, Coco is a great case in point. She seems to really have the 'doing' thing down pat-- even though she's a mom with 2 kids, she gets so much great creative work done! I'm convinced it's 99% mental organization and daily priority setting, and just about anyone can do it. So there's hope for us 'under-doers,' lol.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 08, 2008 07:56PM

Hey, girls, thought I'd pop in here. I've had the flu (I think) for about four days and am very tired and nauseous, but it's good in a way, because I have an excuse to just lay around a lot and think and meditate and pontificate and not be in a hurry to do, do, do. Kinda nice, but I missed two days of work -- nah, I don't miss work when I'm not there. I've also been eating much better! I'm not hungry very often, so when I am, I am thinking my food choices through and making what I eat very healthy. I figure if I am detoxing I won't know it anyway, because I already feel lousy, so why not? Until last week, I have been more than 50% raw, but not making good choices with the rest of my diet. Now I am 80-100% raw and feeling good in spite of not feeling good, if that makes any sense.

I've been reading what's been going on around here, but haven't hed the energy to respond to much of it. Kwan, I just read some of Mozumdar's teachings, and they really resonate with me as well. I am very happy for your musical turns of events as well -- congrats!!!

Gotta go take a nap. Sleeping twenty hours a day (I NEVER do that!!).

Date: December 10, 2008 03:19PM

sundancer,
Hope you're all better now. I know what you mean about finding some good points in being sick. I always lose weight when I've been sick, and invariably people tell me 'You look great; what have you been doing?' after I go through a few days of being sick as a dog. ;-p I think of it as compulsory detoxification.

Glad you enjoy the Mozumdar teachings. I'm enjoying them immensely myself, and have been regularly printing up chapters to read offline. He really inspires me too.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 10, 2008 05:53PM

Hey Kwan -- that's funny; I was just told this morning that I looked great! I said, "Thanks, I've been sick for a week!!" I am feeling better but still have headaches and a little nausea. Still eating really healthy, and mostly, but not all raw now. Yesterday I worked all day and ate almost all raw, which is hard at the restaurant where I work. I'm glad I only want healthy food, AND I kicked the coffee habit!!! Didn't need to "wake up".

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: December 13, 2008 03:04PM

Hi Sharrhan,

Good to see you on the board again. I'm back, too after a haitus. Great to read about your adventures in eating and spiritual growth. Thanks for introducing us to Mozumdar. I've bookmarked the page and hope to start looking into it more next week.

Great to "see" you here.

Love,

Mona

The stillness of God speaks louder than a choir of voices.

Date: December 13, 2008 04:15PM

Mona!! How are you? Are you back in the States yet? I've missed you.

Love the quote.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: December 13, 2008 09:59PM

I've missed you, too. I'm still in Panama. I'm trying to work it out so I can go to Malden in Feb for a couple of weeks. Would be great to see you and Jonathan again. Will keep you posted. Have you checked out my diary? I just started it up again.

Talk to you later.

Love,

Mona

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables