Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Off the Raw Path and Lost Over in the Woods Somewhere
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 14, 2008 11:59PM

Looking forward to seeing you in February, Mona; I'll have you over for a raw lunch! I just found the address of your blog yesterday; will check that out tonight.

I've been playing music quite a bit lately. Went to a local blues and jazz jam last Sunday and again this Sunday, and was told there were lots of photos of me from last Sunday's jam on the host's 'myspace' page. Here's the link:

[www.myspace.com]

You have to scroll down a bit to where the slideshow is. There are two sets of pictures; there are lots of photos of me (in purple with a purple scarf, playing a flute-- can't miss me) in the top one (only) dated 12-7-08.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 16, 2008 04:03PM

Looks like fun!!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 17, 2008 05:53AM

awesome pics Sharrhan ! smiling smiley how didyou fare in the weather hte last few days ? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 17, 2008 03:25PM

Sundancer,
It's a blast. I found out there are blues jams late Sunday afternoon and Sunday night at 2 other nearby clubs; Jonathan is just going to have to get used to Sundays being 'blues' day. If I play the blues I don't get the blues. ;-)

Jodi,
You know, Jonathan always jokes that Cambridge must have a resident guru, because the catastrophes that befall nearby towns always bypass us-- we notice this happening over and over again. All around us recently there were terrible ice storms and hundreds of thousands of people are without power. We hardly felt it here, and we didn't get any outages. Cambridge is situated in such a way that it's always a little warmer than the surrounding areas, so we seem to accumulate less rain, less snow, and less cold weather. Massachusetts and New Hampshire really got it bad this time; some people are going to have to wait another week or more before the power is back and they can go home; they're in shelters or staying at friends' and relatives' homes. In Cambridge I haven't even seen a downed tree yet.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 19, 2008 06:48AM

hmmm maybe sharrhan its you the resident guru shining your bright warm light keeping the cambridge area warm smiling smiley yep thats what it think!

Date: December 20, 2008 04:56PM

I agree, Jodi! Guru Kwan! We missed a lot of it in Greenfield, too, but the hilltowns got hit hard. 'Course now we have 9" of snow and 8" more due tomorrow!

Date: December 20, 2008 11:20PM

haha! No no, guys, it's definitely Jonathan, not me. He has... 'powers.' ;-p Whenever it's raining and we decide to outdoors, somehow the rain stops while we're out, and then starts up again when we get back to the apartment. I think he's a shaman and he doesn't know it.

We've got a couple of inches here in Cambridge, but it's not bad this year; everybody did their shoveing, and even the curb cuts are easy to negotiate, unlike last year, when for some reason the city didn't bother shoveling out the street corners and curb cuts. So many people nearby are without power; I'm so thankful to be warm and comfy.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 20, 2008 11:30PM

I've been eating only raw lately; it's easy because I have a 'cold and sore throat.' (That's in quotes because raw foodists aren't 'supposed' to get colds and sore throats. Oh well... maybe it's a faux cold and sore throat!-- 'detox'.) Anyway, I've been eating really light and enjoying it -- yesterday I juiced a pineapple for breakfast and at supper time I had about 3 bananas.

Today I juiced a cantalaupe for breakfast and later I had some persimmon/banana 'pudding.'

As long as I stick to 100% raw I find that it's pretty easy to dry fast for 13-18 hours. I'm sleeping a good part of the time that I'm dry fasting, so it's really not that hard.

In addition to my regular grocery shopping, I always find the best deals in produce down at the local supermarket every other day or so. A lot of the bags of discount fruit and vegetables are just as good as the full price produce at the Co-op, and tons cheaper. Today, I got 13 avocados (3/4 of them were perfect) for $2.60, 2 bags of red peppers for less than $1 each, a bag of zucchini for $.83, and a few bags of oranges/apples for less than $1 each. One of them had 3 persimmons in it, and they were delicious. I love getting bargains.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 21, 2008 07:16AM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> haha! No no, guys, it's definitely Jonathan, not
> me. He has... 'powers.' ;-p Whenever it's raining
> and we decide to outdoors, somehow the rain stops
> while we're out, and then starts up again when we
> get back to the apartment. I think he's a shaman
> and he doesn't know it.
>
>\

ok send a little jonathan hoo doo this way cuz im under 12 inches so far tongue sticking out smiley

Date: December 21, 2008 01:33PM

Jgunn wrote: "ok send a little jonathan hoo doo this way cuz im under 12 inches so far tongue sticking out smiley" --Yeah, I could use some too, although it is beautiful!

So I've been still not doing great with raw (50% or so) (hubby is cooking a lot and that is when I get into trouble), but I'm giving myself until Christmas to get it out of my system, gonna do a detox or fast or semi-fast the next week (haven't figured out which yet), then go 100% on Jan 1 again.

Date: December 21, 2008 04:09PM

Jodi & Sundancer--
Unfortunately, he has little power over snow; just rain. ;-D We've got 3 or 4 inches so far, and it's snowing like crazy again today. It's a work in progress trying to stop it. One snowstorm after another, it seems! It's been snowing here for 48 hours, and now we have a nor'easter coming in. Luckily, it'll be fast: Jonathan says it'll be out of the area by sunset.

Sundancer, I like your plan. I do best, too, when I give myself a definite plan, with some latitude built into it (i.e. you get to eat cooked till Christmas). I'm sure you'll be successful, and in January we can go out and celebrate at a raw restaurant!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 21, 2008 07:20PM

hey sundancer i hear ya smiling smiley its really hard here when hte local produce store is stocking apples, bannanas, and oranges an some crumby looking grapes ... i have to drive alot further to get the good stuff and unfortunatelythe snow is keeping me from doing that lol

i am quickly blasting thru the bags of blueberries and strawberries flats i froze to get me through my winters smoothies and now realize i doubt they will last till january ..darn it lol

sharrhan tell jonathan to focus !! tongue sticking out smiley he can do it !!

Date: December 22, 2008 02:37AM

Come on Jonathan... you CAN DO IT!!!! Let's evaporate this white fluffy stuff, and while you're at it, make the sky rain down pretty persimmons, mangos, kiwis, oranges, bananas and strawberries on everybody!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 22, 2008 06:17PM

Hey Kwan -- you're on!!! Happy Belated Solstice, girls! We stayed in jammies yesterdays and made a sun garland for the holiday tree. And we lit the menorah.

Date: December 26, 2008 09:48PM

Happy Holidays to all you lovely people!

You know, I realized yesterday and today that I've been at my very best when I'm drinking liquids for quite a long time. And in fact, the longer I stay with juices, water and herb teas, generally, the better I feel, think, act and look. There doesn't seem to be any 'down' side to it. I'm going to go liquidarian for a few weeks and see where it takes me this time.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: elää ()
Date: December 26, 2008 10:30PM

That sounds like an interesting experiment! It seems like it would give your digestive system a break.

I just made a wonderful discovery today- I don't have a juicer, but the co-op 1/2 a block from my apartment has a juice bar! I was very excited. I can't believe I never paid attention to that area of the store before.

I would like to try a similar experiment when I need to mix up the routine. I'm curious to see how it goes for you. Good luck!

Date: December 27, 2008 02:31AM

Thanks, elaa! I always enjoy juicing; and now that I have finally gotten comfortable with dry fasting from 4 or 5pm to about 10am the next morning some of the time, I feel like I've got an extra little tool in my raw toolkit. ;-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables