Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weight loss
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: July 02, 2006 02:12AM

Hello All. I have a question regarding the weight loss that is supposed to occur once you start eating raw. I have been eating raw pretty consitently at 90% with a couple breaks for a few months and i still havn't lost weight. I don't know what i might be doing to hold on to it. Otherwise my whole body feels so much more energized and happy but i feel heavy still in terms of weight. Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weight loss
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 02, 2006 07:35AM

how much water are you drinking? that will make a difference. Drinking more water helps flush toxins and things that are held within fat cells out of the body.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2006 01:47PM

If your body knows it can hold out for the breaks, it may! Our bodies have a set weight that it tries very hard to maintain, but it will begin to allow weightloss if you are consistent with the rawfood diet and water drinking, causing toxins to leave (fat is a store of toxins)

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: August 19, 2006 01:20AM

Maybe your body in it's innate wisdom has decided that losing weight isn't a top priority and is probably using the nutrients you are feeding it for healing and repairing tissues and rebalancing organs that you weren't aware needed to be addressed.

Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: August 26, 2006 12:32AM

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am making a big move soon to NYC and when i do i am commiting to 100% raw which should really stabalize my body.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2006 07:43AM

How much fat are you taking in from nuts and seeds? Eventhough its good fat its still fat and you will need to limit your consumption! Are you exercising and when you eat cooked what kinds of foods are they? All of these issues can affect the outcome of your weight loss. When trying to lose weight the focus should be lots of water and lots of greens with limited amounts of fruit(sugar..eventhough it is fructose its still sugar!), and limited amounts of nuts and seeds (fats).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables