Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weight gain
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2006 06:03PM

Im in about 95% raw diet at this time (i was 100% for 3 months). I back to 95% because i lost to much weight. I want to gain muscles now and i feel thats not so easy than i was only vegan (not rawfoodist). Anyone has experience in weight gain with vegan/raw diet?

Please send your daily diet for comparison. I know some resources like [www.charliesgym.info], [www.rawfit.com.au] and raw power (book). But, i need more "real experiences".

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weight gain
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 05:39PM

dropping weight as a raw vegan is totally normal. Most of it is water weight. If you are active and eating a balance of greens, fruits, seeds, and nuts your body will gain back a normal weight in muscle. Being active is the key to adding muscle, though. I've gotten into body building and have noticed a big difference.

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: July 11, 2006 10:15PM

Yeah! Build muscles!

Posted by: jdc5390 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 02:46AM

You need some protein man, you shoul look at mercola.com some people are different and need protein and fat, while others don't, you can screw up your metabolism and thyroid if you eat to little

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: July 16, 2006 07:54PM

You might consider adding some raw wheat germ to your diet. It has traditionally been considered a bodybuilder's food. It's great in salads with a little coldpressed olive oil and lemon juice. DON'T buy it in bulk from the bins. Get it prepackaged and keep it refrigerated so it doesn't go rancid.

It is very high in protein and many other essential nutrients. I find the raw wheat germ helps stablilize weight, because it gives you that full feeling as well as supplying you with so much good stuff.

Posted by: rawcountry ()
Date: August 07, 2006 04:11PM

I eat all day - fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds and I love avocados. Right now I'm maintaining and rebuilding muscle. I know that Stephen Arlin recommends olives too for body building - he has a great book on building muscle. Hugs rawcountry

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2006 07:39AM

Hey check this website out... gives info on how to build muscle on a vegan and living diet! There are sample menus that I found to be helpful when I was researching info. for my dad!

www.veganbodybuilding.com

Posted by: monochromatism ()
Date: September 18, 2006 03:23PM

Most raw-foods aren't calorie dense, which is why most people, if they're truly raw, lose so much weight. I am female and don't have problem with this "side effect," but I imagine men might feel a bit different. Conventional wisdom would say to increase lean protein, but it's harder for a vegan to consume such large quantities of protein. I believe that soy is toxic, but I'm afraid that I can't recommend another source. Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables