Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

confessions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 02, 2009 07:20PM

Discipline has never been the salient feature of my personality. I have sporadically engaged in raw until dinner, and each time I do, within days I see a new radiance to my skin, hair and nails, boundless amounts of energy, and an uplift in my mood! Yet, I backslide..relapse, I should say. The SAD diet is addictive, and at a recent family reunion, all of my efforts were destroyed over a weekend of bingeing on barbeque and salty snacks. My face, once slimmed and sculpted from raw food, became puffy and lost all radiance, the fatigue is relentless, and my mood..well...depressed! Oh geez, I do know better!!! It's been a week since that reunion, and I am now ready to try again. This time my goal is to be easy on myself and not punish myself/body/soul if I trip upsmiling smiley I have witnessed the power of raw food and I don't want to give it up! Back to the cutting board!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: confessions
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 02, 2009 11:09PM

Be hard on yourself to the point that you'll no
longer eat SAD. Throw it all out....keep nothing in the
house. If you do feel like binging....do it on healthy foods.
....like eating a whole Honeydew, or 3 Avocados, or 5 ears of
fresh Corn, or 2 pounds of fresh Figs....like that.
Eventually it will stop, but you have to draw-the-line somewhere
now.....WY

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 02, 2009 11:54PM

Hi soulglow!

Ahhhh, I've been there too. When I first went raw I'd be soooo good, and then I'd have some candy... or I'd break down and have something really starchy at a salad bar... and so on and so on.

Don't be hard on yourself. Go easy on yourself, but at the same time, figure out your battle plan for overcoming temptation the next time. Think about how much you want to keep that glowing, sculpted look and that beautiful, vibrant energy, and let that become more important than giving in to the taste of food. Also, have a gradual detoxification plan, because the more we detoxify our bodies, the less likely we are to go back to SAD foods.

You'll get there again, and you'll even surpass where you were before your little mis-step. You can do it!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 06, 2009 02:43AM

And soulglow the key thing to always remember is this: there is no potential pleasure attainable from non-raw foods. It's all in a person's head because they're addicted to them like drugs.

Just like some poor unfortunate souls think people who use drugs can be happier that way, it's all just an illusion from previous abuses. Too bad we are around them whereever we go. sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables