Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

30 Day Raw Food Lifestyle Change + summaries everyday
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2009 05:35AM

Hi,

My name is Nicolas, I am currently a meat eating, Standard American Diet male who is going to embark on a Raw Food Journey. I am going to do a 30 day raw food lifestyle change trial.

30-Day Trial
I first heard about raw foodism a couple weeks ago, and after reading up on it, reading people’s reviews and done research, I have decided to try it. The trial will begin Monday September 7th, 2009 and will continue for 30 days. At the end of this 30 day period, I can make a decision as to if I want to continue with this lifestyle or not.
I have read about the numerous health benefits, and here are the ones I am aiming for:
1. Weight Loss: This lifestyle encourages safe, stable weight loss, without the risk of re-gaining it back
2. Improved emotional state: Raw foodists have claimed they emotionally feel amazing a lot of the time, more-so than on a Standard American Diet
3. Increased energy: Raw foodists also say they have increased energy all the time, they sleep less and are more productive
4. Better overall health: Many people have said once they have become immersed in this lifestyle, they are able to stop taking medication for different problems, have been cured of cancer, diabetes and other chronic illnesses.
There are many different schools of thought as to which quantities of fruit vs. vegetables vs. grains should be consumed. For this trial I am going to keep my options open, as I will experiment with eating fruits, vegetables, grains, sprouts, seeds and other raw foods. Though, I will try and keep my weekly fat percentage under 15%.

Blogging the Trial
I am going to blog each day of the 30-day trial on this forum, as well as on my blog. I will post summaries of each day, including what I ate, the nutritional values, pictures of meals, how I am feeling and any health benefits that I hope to encounter. I am going to fully commit myself to this trial, and blog any feelings, doubts, benefits and everything that I feel. I have done a lot of research leading to this trial, and I am very excited to see the outcome.

If you are interested you can either keep looking at this thread everyday for a short summary or visit [nicolascole.wordpress.com] . There I will have more complete summaries including pictures and everything. I am also going to be posting informative articles about different health topics and issues.

If you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave them. Also, if you have done this trial, or are currently a raw foodist and have advice or words of caution, feel free to leave a reply.

Thanks,

Nicolas Cole
[nicolascole.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 30 Day Raw Food Lifestyle Change + summaries everyday
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 07, 2009 10:27AM

great blog so far, i will keep checking back to see how you are doing smiling smiley im 2 years on now smiling smiley

congrats on making some great changes in your life smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: September 07, 2009 12:56PM

Hi Nicolas and welcome. What a great blog you have. I love the clear way you explain the protien information. I get asked all the time about protien. That seems to be the now because he sees that after 5 years, I haven't become deathly ill for life like he feared. I wish you all the best in your experiment. I appreciate you sharing your blog with us. I hope to become a regular reader on it.

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

We surrender to win; we give away to keep;
we suffer to get well; we die to live.

Posted by: Arrow ()
Date: September 07, 2009 07:49PM

Well done, looking forward to hearing your posts. I am 11 days in on my second try high raw, no cooked, first one lasted 6 weeks with a few slip ups a few months ago. I will be interested to see if your experience is similar to mine. Best of luck.

Arrow xxx

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 08, 2009 11:02PM

Thanks for the words of advice. I am sitting here chewing on a raw corn on the cob, it's tasty. Here is my post for Day 1 of 30. For pictures and food log, you can check my blog at [nicolascole.wordpress.com]

Today was my first day of the 30 day trial. Woke up a bit tired, should have gotten more sleep through the night. Had to work at 10, so I got up, made myself a green smoothie and headed to work for breakfast. With the raw food diet, I am not allowed to have coffee/tea so it was hard to get through work without any caffeine. I managed, got home, and had a nap, then a walk later at night. It wasn’t hard at all to eat raw foods. I ate mostly all fruits, and I love fuits. I had some baby bok choy or Chinese cabbage for supper, and I just ate it raw, nothing else with it. It tasted good, but I am going to try and change up what I am eating everyday so I do not start to get tired of certain foods.

Overall it was a good day, nothing felt bad, just the lack of caffeine and I had to pee more than usual. I need to add more protein/fat to my days, so I will start adding foods such as avocados and more vegetables. Actually my girlfriend tells me I have bad breath, even after brushing my teeth, maybe it’s a sign of the detox? I’ll let you know how I feel tomorrow.

Again, for pictures and food log, check out my blog. Today has been pretty good, but I have quite a lack of energy. I seem to be there mentally, but lacking physically. Also, the bad breath has started, my girlfriend isn't too happy about that. I'll have day 2 posted tonight most likely.

Take care,

Nicolas

Posted by: Annie_pie ()
Date: October 03, 2009 11:24PM

When i look at your blog I am wondering if you need to eat more dark leafy greens and at least add a little fat into your diet. That is probably why you are so hungry and having cravings. Also your lack of energy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables