Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Adventures into the Raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 11, 2008 03:24AM

Hello, all!
I had done raw and living for a month or two earlier this year, and I really enjoyed it. I'd like to get back to it, especially has my diet as become less than desirable recently (although I am still healthier than most of my friends!).

I know that just quitting cooked food cold turkey will be detrimental to my progress, so my goal is to transition at a comfortable pace. I think I will begin my eating one raw meal a day, and work my way up from there.

Just for my own future reference - I am 5'8" and weight 148lbs. I have just started doing CrossFit again as well, so hopefully I will see some impressive results smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2008 03:37AM by DanielleB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adventures into the Raw
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 11, 2008 02:42PM

Welcome, and good luck!

Date: December 12, 2008 12:00PM

So far, so good!
Yesterday, I did intermittent fasting for about 17 hours, then I had a simple, raw salad. For a late day snack I had some dried cranberries - I know I am supposed to stick to mostly veggies, but, dried fruit will be good to help me get away from SAD snacks. Although I had sushi for dinner, but I am happy that I had one raw meal.

I think I will start out today with a mostly raw smoothie. Spinach, frozen fruit, and a little coconut milk (it's canned milk, therefore not raw). I will try to eat another raw salad today for lunch..

Date: December 13, 2008 01:42PM

Didn't do as well as planned yesterday.
I had the smoothie in the morning, but I failed for the next two meals: greek salad with gyro meat, and appetizers at the bar. I'm not going to be too hard on myself just yet... for my first two days I did as planned (have one raw meal a day). I just need to make slightly better choices for my other meals, even if they aren't raw.

Today, I am going to make some sort of concoction with what I have in my fridge. I am going away for the weekend and don't want anything to rot. Think I'm going to juice a bunch of veggies and drink that. Hopefully I will do well this weekend, provided that I will be out of town.

Date: December 16, 2008 12:33AM

I am very proud of myself today! I would say that at least 60% of my food intake was raw today. I'm feeling pretty good already... smiling smiley

Date: December 18, 2008 12:11PM

I've done amazingly well the last few days (I'd say 80% raw minimum) -- until last night. I broke down and had pizza. I thought the pizza would be delicious, and honestly, it really wasn't worth it. I feel gross and bloated today. A cheat meal tends to make me want to go at it hard the next day, however, we have a company potluck. I organized the whole damn thing, so I will have to be polite and eat a little of each food. I think that will be key though - just small samples. I am going to make a green smoothie this morning to help aid digestion, and that will be what I have for dinner, as well. Then it's back on the train! I'm loving this smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 19, 2008 06:46AM

welcome to the boards smiling smiley sounds like yer on the right train an tracks ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 02, 2009 12:58AM

In the last three days I was 100%, 80%, then 70%. Today I'm at 0% as I am allowing myself one last day before I truly immerse myself in raw, with a goal of 75% or greater. I've had pizza and sweets today, and I feel utterly sluggish and gross. I wasn't planning on giving myself a last day of SAD foods, however, after a very long New Year's Eve party, I think it may be okay. I'm looking forward to my journey, and I feel very strong about my decision smiling smiley

Date: January 04, 2009 02:43AM

Feeling great today - and the abundance of energy is fantastic. I did my usual CrossFit workout (www.crossfit.com) and then later in the day decided to randomly walk 4.5 miles... not only for the exercise but to simply enjoy the beauty of nature. I'm feeling really good, and finding this whole transition to be easier than I thought smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 09, 2009 12:01PM

danielle congrats on your progress smiling smiley

i use *treats* alot as a way to stay raw .. if that pizza is stil calling to me on sunday after a week of 100% then by damn i will buy the best pizza i can find

deprivation is self deafeating .. i dont want to eat pizza everday ..not even every week anymore or month ...but it takes time to wean us off such things as with any foodie addictions smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: January 16, 2009 05:31AM

Danielle,
Congrats, I think you're doing sensationally well. Don't worry about the small stuff along the way; you've got your goal in mind and if you just keep going in that direction and adjust your plan along the way, in the moment, I know you'll succeed.

One thing that helps me sometimes to initiate new behaviors is to 'act as if' I'm already.... whatever it is I want to be. Tricks the mind into being your eager and willing servant. ;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables