Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

30 day trial for my husband and me
Posted by: Annie_pie ()
Date: October 04, 2009 12:02AM

My husband and I are on our 12th day of our 30 day all raw trial. I decided we should write our experience. So far we have gone through some struggles of figuring out what to eat. My husband struggled the first week with cravings, but we found he did much better with lots of dark leafy greens and sprouted grains. I also upped his fat intake but i'm nervous that it's too much. He has been writing down everything we eat so we can look back and make changes that are needed. I have been having both positive a negative experiences so far. I'm unsure how much is detoxing and how much is a need for change in what we are eating.

Negative:
-my face is breaking out
-my hair has been coming out more when I comb it or shower
-we have been sleeping two hours more than usual a night
-my husband is worried about losing weight (he's already on the skinny side)
-I feel like my breathing is more shallow at times

Positive:
-I feel light and energetic
-I lost my belly fat from my last pregnancy
-I have increased motivation
-I have more endurance when exercising

I have seen that there is a variety of ways to eat raw from very simple one food per meal to very complex recipes. We are in the middle. We have been eating two meals a day, mostly sprouted grains in nut milk and and lots of fruit for breakfast, then green smoothies with dark leafies and fruit, plus salad with light dressing or sprouted hummus for lunch. Occasionally I serve a nut ice cream that I blend and freeze, because my husband likes a little treat surprise. We have done that about two times. My husband loves the hummus, massaged kale, or sea weed meals. As a wife and mother I like to see smiles on the faces of my family when I feed them. He also liked avacado stuffed with homeade salsa. I enjoy everything and feel satisfied at almost any meal, but I don't feel as good if there has been too much fat. I feel best with lots of greens. My husband feels fine and energetic after a more fatty meal.

We recently are feeling less of a need for nut milk in the morning. We find ourselves eating sprouted grains plain with the fruit. more recently we have been feeling full all the way until bed time and even wake up not feeling extremely hungry.

I had my first cooked food cravings since we started today. I think it was because I skipped breakfast and then a had to find enough food for lunch at the potluck at my church. I came home and binged on some fatty foods (avacado and nut ice cream). I finally felt full and the cravings stopped, but i don't feel as good all around.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables