Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Leigh's Journal
Posted by: leigh87 ()
Date: January 31, 2010 01:45AM

This is my first journal post! I have a journal on another raw website, so I am going to duplicate my entries and post them in both journals. I hope it is a good way for new people on this website to get to know me, as my goal of attaining optimal health, partly through diet, is a large part of who I am and I hope to make some friends out of this common goal and mind set.

Well, my name is Leigh and this is my story! I am a young, slim recently turned 23 year old from Australia. I am an only child of two loving parents. Although not rich, they have enough so that I get to use their car as my own, do not have to pay rent in their house which I live in, and have an easy life.

I hate a happy child hood, but ate the standard diet; which is a toxic abomination of man made food. Although my parents did make home cooked meals from scratch; dad made the meat balls for the spaghetti, he made the chicken schnitzel (battered, breaded, put in egg wash), among other things.

I was never over weight and was athletic, however, in retrospect I did not feel right eating the way that I did. And all us raw folk know, that people carry more weight than their bodies truly need to function when we eat a toxic diet.

I moved to Hong Kong at about 10 because mum got a job teaching English over there. She is a well respected English teacher. Mum, dad and I lived there for a couple of years. At least when I was a kid I did a lot of sport and was very good at many. In Hong Kong, I quit my sports and started puberty. Although, I got breasts much younger, due to the disgusting hormones and mutant substances in our modern day, processed fake foods.

I continued my normal, standard toxic diet, and in turn was obviously not at a comfortable weight for my body type, I look and felt unhealthy (although I considered how I felt a normal state of being back then), and in turn was NOT motivated to be a good person, or to try to achieve anything at school academically.

I did not attempt to cultivate anything in my life that made me happy. Looked and felt bad, did not try to be a good person, had no friends, and had nothing to feel proud about at school or in sports. I did not try at anything so did not achieve anything to feel good about.

I moved back to AUS in 2000. My diet and life style did not change so my life remained unfulfilling. I had an awful time at school with profound psychological problems. I know all teens have a hard time, but I never had the typical friends, and most normal people at least have a few. I was mostly a loner, albeit with the occasional burst of friendship, which amounted to nothing because I was a toxic person. People who are not complete people, do not attract worthwhile people. I would not have wanted to be my friend. I was on the phone every day to my parents because I was too embarrassed to be seen alone every day. Or I could hide in the toilet most days.

After I left year 10 I stopped eating fast food. This made me feel slightly better. I met a guy and felt slightly better about myself. One day I saw a friend of mine I had not seen in ages. She looked great! I was jealous - remember, at this point I was still not happy within myself, so I could not be happy for other people; I could only feel jealously towards my friend, who looked way thinner and healthier than I did. She was about my height and weight, although thinner now, so I decided that I wanted to join her gym, too.

I further improved my diet. I ate yoghurt and berries for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and meat and 3 vegetables for dinner. I also eliminated processed sweet food. I lost some weight and felt so much better about myself. Unfortunately, the other areas in my life remained unhealthy; my boyfriend was a pot head, I had never attempted to study (literally!), and never worked hard academically and still could not start and finish anything at school. I would get straight A’S for a few months, than drop out.

So, I started at a weight which was not comfortable for my body type, and lost weight, where I would have reached my ideal weight range, but then I continued to lose more and more weight until I developed mild anorexia. It turned into a sick competition, me and my friend who first joined the gym used each other as a benchmark for how much weight we could lose.

I started smoking a lot of pot. I desperately needed to realize that, to be fulfilled, and to live my best life, I needed to try to work hard to achieve things to feel good about, learn how to eat natural unprocessed foods, and learn the right exercises that would tone and sculpt my body into one that is healthy and powerful. Of course, I did not have this wisdom at the time!

I smoked a lot of pot instead of facing the reality of my life. One day, I had had enough. Although I did not have the answers yet, I knew I needed to ditch the boyfriend, gain weight, and make something of my life. I knew I could not be happy the way I was heading, and I was sick of the way I felt.

I spent the next few years taking small steps to figure out the direction I needed to take. I did not work with a recovery team and I just ate a lot and gained weight until one day I realized I was at a healthy weight and decided to stop stuffing so much food down.

After my initial weight gain, my hormones were out of control. I went off the pill during my anorexia, but because I was so thin my body was not functioning enough for it to even GET pimples and suffer the affects of the pill. So once I gained I got terrible spots and grew a few facial hairs.

I hibernated inside for a year. I had no academic achievements, no friends due to being a toxic person who was not happy within herself and therefore not attracting worth while people, and I had crooked teeth, a big nose, and pimples all over my face.

I wanted to develop SOME sense of dignity and pride before I showed my unattractive face to the world! So I did the personal training course online. I went outside once a day for a walk along two beaches, disguised in a fat and sunglasses and rode my bike up one hill each day. I was desperately lonely and had to try to stop myself from going insane. However, I would rather have been chronically lonely, then face the world with a face full of pimples, bad teeth, and just a very unpleasant appearance. With no academic achievements as yet. It was not the best that I could be, and I wanted to be a better version of myself before introducing who I currently was.

I researched and used medication to fix my skin. The eating disorder, going off the pill, my toxic lifestyle, among other possible causes caused me to develop PCOS. I went back on the pill and an additional hormonal tablet that lowered the levels of male hormones and balanced the hormones.

Once my skin my more clear I joined a gym, did some basic exercises most days, got my drivers license and personal training certification, and felt better. This was the first step out of hell.

Over the years, I lost a bit too much weight again at times because I did not know how many calories I needed or how to get them. It was not intentional. I met a few people although was still not all there in my head to keep friendships. I got my certificate 4 in fitness. I felt better about my body at this time, as I started to participate in gym classes like aerobics and pump, so my body changed and became more toned. I was too thin at times, but liked it more than when I did not exercise at all.

I had been researching nutrition for a while - all those days alone in 2006 when I hibernated for a full year with my bad skin. I tried different diets. I eliminated sugar but added some back in later, but still ate unprocessed healthy meals - plain oats or natural rye bread with avocado for breakfast, a plain chicken salad for lunch, and brown rice for dinner.

I came across the idea of raw eating randomly, from a guy working at my local organic shop. I had tried eating how I thought was raw in the past when I was too thin - but it only served to make me thinner, and I did not know what raw was, really. Years later, I slowly tried it again.

At first I did not do raw properly. I ate a lot of dried fruit, and no greens. So, I ate a lot of fresh fruit, dried fruit, and had a lot of nuts. I did not always combine well, either. I also ate a lot of raw chocolate. In addition to not doing raw properly, I also still ate smoked salmon and goats cheese for occasional treats.

I went on and off raw for a while before trying to do it long term. I failed because I was not doing raw properly, so my body broke down. My body does not respond well to a lot of fruit, due to my hormonal issues. When combined properly, and when doing raw properly, my skin is normally fine, however, when I DO NOT do raw properly, I cannot eat large amounts of fruit without it causing my skin to totally break out.

I was eaten vegan though, and I was eating a lot of raw. The dried fruit, raw chocolate, and processed raw crackers and products I ate too much of just prevented me from seeing any real benefits. I even started to eat mono fruit all day, and left the fats until night, but I still ate dried fruit too much fruit in one sitting.

I realized too much fruit could be bad for me, and I was at a loss as to what to replace the fruit with; more fats, or animal protein? I think of food from an evolutionary standpoint, and what appears more natural for humans to do. Hunting and killing animals appeared more natural than cultivating and cooking grains. So, I started to eat large amounts of animal protein.

I still believed that there was no point cooking vegetables when you can eat them raw. So I ate animal protein for lunch and dinner, and plain fruit for carbohydrates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Leigh's Journal
Date: January 31, 2010 03:13AM

FOOD BREAK

I am back. So I ate chicken or for both lunch and dinner! I also started going to the gym 3 - 5 days a week for aerobics classes. I gained to 52.5 kilo’s because I was eating much more to compensate for my exercise - about 2400 calories a day.

I still had occasional raw days. Maybe once or twice a week, not too often. Then towards Christmas 2009, I started to go raw vegan and vegan because I was seeing family for the holidays and wanted to drink red wine on one or two occasions, and also have raw chocolate and raw treats (the treats I DID eat were always raw, I never reverted back to anything with sugar, or anything processed)

I have had binge eating disorder on and off for about two or more years. First off, it was because I was slightly too thin for my body type (about 47 - 49 kilo’s), was not eating enough calories and was exercising way too much for the amount of calories I was eating. Although at some point my metabolism would have slowed down, to maintain the already slim weight and not eat away more.

Also, when I relapsed from my anorexic weight a couple of years back, I did not know how to go about gaining in a healthy way so I just ate 3 cereal bar type things in one sitting, thinking “ I need to gain, so I may as well have fun and enjoy over eating yay”. I would eat one so yoghurt which I loved, but then decided that because I needed to gain weight, that I should have 3 more of them.

At Christmas day and the year leading up, I had leaned how to eat enough calories and I maintained a healthy weight for my body. However I still binged for emotional, non physical needs. By Christmas I had significantly improved but by binge eating sometimes manifests as self sabotage!

By now, I knew what sensible eating was and believed that Christmas was no excuse to eat more than one plat of food at a time. I say enjoy what you want, but have what you need of it and stop. You can have more later. So I started the day fine. Because it was fine, something inside me clicked and decided to go back and eat several more plates.

Christmas day we went to a friends house. I do not eat other people’s food or restaurant food because I refuse to eat sugar or artificially, made substances for ANY one. Fortunately our friend said we should bring some food so my contribution was roasted sweet and white potato’s in olive oil, lemon juice, fresh rosemary from my garden, fresh organic parsley, and that is about it.

After I had several plates of my roasted vegetables I felt sick and was mentally sick of letting food rule. For some reason after Christmas, I decided that I did not want to continue the high animal protein diet. I went back to raw vegan. Although this time, I did it right.

I ate mono meals of fruit for the first half of the day. I sometimes combined the mono fruit with ONE type of mild green. Two ingredients per meal. After lunch I would allow fats, although I often did not have fats until dinner and evening meals and snacks. Dinner would be nuts, seeds, with another type of mild green, and sometimes the juice of a lemon or orange. I like snacking in the evening, which would be the white, crispy part of the cos or ice berg lettuce with the juice of a lemon, lime, or orange to munch on - crunchy pieces like potato or corn chips! Or I would have some raw walnuts, that came in their shells.

I prefer mild greens, and only eat cucumber, celery, raw corn, and the white ice berg or cos lettuce. Yes, cos lettuce has not nutritional value, but it is not BAD for you in any way, either. Moreover, I do not drink water and instead prefer to hydrate through a lot of cos lettuce, raw fruit, and raw celery and cucumber. Although on hot days when I work out I will drink plain old water, of course! Otherwise, getting hydration from raw food encourages me to eat more of the greens!

I still ate raw treats, like coconut cashew butter. But I reduced my raw chocolate intake. Recently, I got food poisoning and did not feel much like raw fruit and raw greens. The day I got ill about 5 days ago I ate green grapes, a tiny bit of raw pizza base, and later on I ate another two pieces of the raw pizza with the baby spinach and avocado topping (only a teensy bit of avo was on top, just one per whole pizza!), with brazil nut butter spread on top. Later I ate fruit for dinner I think, I forgot. I became ill in the evening and dry wrenched, because I had no food inside of me to come up. I woke up early in the AM feeling not sick and got overly excited so ate some raw coconut cashew butter. Big mistake. I felt ill and vomited. I still felt sick after vomiting the first time, and vomited again. Fun.

I ate raw cherries the next day, and giant raw peaches. I forgot the details. Basically, I ate gluten free penne pasta for my afternoon and dinner snack, with salt free concentrated tomato’s combined with dried herbs for the sauce. I craved it, probably for comfort. I was not particularly hungry. My body had started to get the runs - my body was clearly not wanting food in it, and was immediately getting rid of anything I put in it.

I felt bad that night, probably because I ate a full days worth, and a little bit extra, of food. Next day I still did not feel like raw greens or vegetables or any fruit. I had raw cherries I think but than made some baked potato chips - I cut the organic potato’s into chips, covered with a lot ot dried onion powder, garlic granules, as well as dried chives. I walked and did a gym class, so I felt better being active to balance out the bad food choices of the last few days.

Basically, I over the past 3 - 4 days I have had: brazil nut butter, coconut cashew butter, gluten free pasta, and cooked potato chips. The raw pizza is not considered bad - it was made my a high fruit raw friend, and only contained buckwheat flour, raw carrots, dried herbs, and baby spinach and one avocado for the topping, of the entire pizza.

I also went to the movies and had a block of sheep cheese and two small glasses of red wine together. Now, I do not believe this is toxic or the least bit harmful if the diet is otherwise raw, mono meals, and optimal. However, I was recovering from food poisoning, had not eaten much fruit and greens, and had mostly eaten raw pizza and brazil nut butter, and a little cashew coconut cream.

Yesterday was a little better but I still had a bad combination for dinner - I started with walnuts, than had kelp noodles, than apricots, than the rest of the kelp noodles. I also ate about 3 packets or kelp noodles.

Yesterday I ate: 75 grams of brazil nuts at about 1 am in the morning because I was genuinely hungry after not eating as much as usual the day before.

So, 75g brazil nuts AM snack, few small apples for breakfast, I did a body pump class and walked with heavy bags, came home and ate all day non stop: I ate kelp noodles, apricots, and than walnuts for dinner followed by more kelp noodles and more apricots.

Today for an early breakfast I ate about 70g raw macadamia’s, and have been eating apricots with cucumber all day. I plan on eating apricots with cucumber until dinner. I plan to eat raw corn with cos lettuce and the juice of a few lemons for dinner. I want to keep it low fat. However I am cleansing from the last couple of days of not optimal food. The food was not the BAD sort of cooked food, but it was still FAR from the optimal food.

So, raw corn and crispy lettuce with lemon and lime juice for dinner hopefully, and either raw walnuts OR a packet of raw kelp noodles later for evening snack.

TOUGH decision! Raw kelp noodles are processed. Not in the natural state. Raw walnuts come in their shells so they are the way they are found in nature. However, higher in fat than the kelp noodles.

EEEEEEEEEEK!

So here I am. I still have not gone out and made friends since the time I have been transitioning from my toxic self, to my better self. Along the way I have met people, but again, I have been too much in my own head, and although I CAN get along great in social situations, I just have NEVER in MY WHOLE LIFE, met and KEPT any friend long term. Heck, I have only become a stable enough person in the last year.

I started a University course, part time, online 2009! I want to go to university to do a food science and human nutrition degree you see! So I started the course and STUDIED for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. In the end I was still caught up too much in my own food issues to fully concentrate or study to the best of my abilities. However, I got high distinctions in both my subjects, for both semesters. I recently got accepted into the degree I wanted, too.

To go to University in AUS you need a score from high school, OR you need to work for a number of years and go as a mature student OR you can do a number of courses that enable you to get a SCORE that is EQUIVALENT to the score that students who COMPLETE their schooling get. My score was ranked about 91 - 92 on that scale. Which is bull because my course was a one year, part time course and students in AUS get a score based on FULL TIME study, over the course of one of two years. Oh well, I am not complaining that I got my high score more easily than I feel other students have! Haha.

SNACK BREAK

HAHAHA. I felt like kelp noodles. After the apricots I just craved them. Not IMMENSLEY crave, but I did really feel like them.

The thing is - although I DO love eating perfectly. I actually LOVE to eat the most pure, natural diet out there. However, at times, for comfort, or for other emotional reasons, I need to break out from this perfect routine. Not because I have strong urges to - but just to give myself the freedom.

Although the optimal way to eat IS truly how I enjoy eating the most, I need to know mentally that I do not always have to. I do not HAVE to turn into a pimple faced ugly person over night, because of days of NON optimal eating.

A few days of non optimal eating can cause physical affects, I am sure. However, I do not go COMPLETELY crazy, and I do not eat anything AWFULLY toxic. Not enough to make a huge difference. It will just take LONGER for my skin to be its optimal, for example. If anything, the last few days will make it take a month or more longer for my skin to look its best and etc. hopefully my bad food days of late will PROLONG how long my skin will take to look its best, instead of actually CAUSING additional acne.

So I just had kelp noodles. Although I DO want clear and beautiful skin SO BADLY, and to be the healthiest that I can be, I am being a little easy on myself, and just letting myself have certain non ideal foods BUT within a limit; kelp noodles are the only processed food that I have had these past two days. I am not having any nut butters, raw chocolate, raw chocolate butters, or anything.

I am just letting myself indulge certain cravings based on emotional non physical needs, but WITHOUT going too bad. There is a medium.

But, because I have had the non optimal raw kelp noodles, I need to at least keep the rest of my day simple. NO NEW INGREDIENTS: which suits me. Have two new shows premiering tonight and I enjoy munching on nice food while watching good TV! I LOVE raw kelp noodles with the juice of a few lemons! So refreshing.

I wonder if there is a physical need for the noodles, too? I did loose A LOT of water over the last couple of days, I could hear everything I ate speed through my intestines and stomach, quickly to be flushed out as liquid from my…… you know what.

I was 49 kilo’s at the gym scale so that means I have lost fluid, because I am a much more solid, 50 - 52 kilogram curvy, healthy women. 49 kilo’s is not what I normally am. Although I do not know what my natural weight is, because I do not eat when I am hungry! Instead, I eat routinely. I am unfamiliar with strong hunger and only feel it when I am starving. So I am learning to recognize the more subtle signs of hunger… and observe things that happen when I KNOW I have not eaten and that my energy would have run out.

I have no extra fat or body weight to SPARE so I figure, if I eat no more than 400 calories, and do not eat for more than 3 hours, that it is possible I could be hungry. If I eat less, I will get hungry sooner. So I am trying to observe how I feel hours after my meal, in contrast to how I feel when I have just eaten. Things like concentration, irritability, among other things could indicate my body wants food.

SO. Yeah, I am having another day with processed raw - but I want to be non strict on myself, and they are only kelp noodles. It is probably better than yesterday, as I have had at least some cucumber, and since I do not plan on having fats later, it will be lower fat than yesterday. Although I do not think higher fat raw diets are bad.

Date: January 31, 2010 03:28AM

I will conclude my journaling for today by explaining the LAST WAY THAT I ATE BEFORE RAW: the way I ate before raw, was the Paleolithic way. It is basically the same as raw vegan, but with animal protein and cooked sweet potato. I ate baked sweet potato for breakfast with cold pressed virgin olive OR flax oil which I would only add after the potato’s were baked. I still only cooked foods that HAD to be cooked, which were sweet potato’s and animals.

Lunch was chicken or fish with raw vegetables. Dinner was same as lunch. I would eat raw fruit for a snack.

I eventually eliminated the cooked sweet potato, and only ate raw fruit for carbohydrate instead. I still ate raw vegetables.

My skin was clear with no visible blemishes throughout the paleo style diet!

So my diet BEFORE raw was not toxic enough for me to have any noticeable detox symptoms. My skin has broken out lately, around Christmas. I have had insomnia on and off for a couple of years, so my sleep hygiene was terrible with night eating every night.

I believe it is my poor sleep hygiene, in combination with the large amount of raw chocolate I was eating, has caused me to have many blemishes on my skin. NOTE: I do not get the BAD size acne! I get tiny blemishes, but at times this year I have had a lot of them. I am recovering from bad anxiety, so a bad habit I have is, that I get a tiny spot on my face which is INVISIBLE to most people, and can only be seen close up. However, I still PICK at the small blemishes, so they form a red raised infected area.

I have had to stay inside for weeks this year because I got at my face and picked every little bump on my face. There is never any pus FOR ME to squeeze out. So at times I have had 14 or more red raised infections on my face, making it look like I have a bad skin infection, which is what it was, infected.

So here I am now. Skin is clearing up, although I still have some small tiny blemishes. As long as I do not pick at them, WHICH I WILL NOT, I hope that these last 4 days of NON optimal eating will not cause many new actual blemishes.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 31, 2010 08:30AM

Leigh welcome to the site smiling smiley i look forward to sharing your journey with you smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 03, 2010 01:39AM

I have been eating al of kelp noodles to help with my emotional and physical cravings. I used to have a lot of raw chocolate spread and stuff like that, and I have been trying to eliminate raw cacoa and raw chocolate particularly.

I have been craving the kelp noodles a lot - there is something about them that my body needs, I am curious to know if it is physiological? It is hot weather at the moment, and the noodles do contain important trace minerals and natural salt, and they are very crunchy and refreshing when eaten un - soaked and crunchy, with the juice of some organic lemons over the top.

Whilst I want to eventually lose my daily need for the noodles, I feel okay about using the kelp noodles as the only processed food to help transition into eating ONLY pure, unaltered foods. The noodles satisfy my desire for processed raw chocolate, and raw nut butters.

I ate more food than I was hungry for yesterday and I always eat constantly throughout the day. I prefer to snack every 1 - 2 hours on fresh raw fruit, or raw corn, throughout the day. I prefer to eat less calories very often, than allowing myself to get truly hungry and having a larger meal. I AM on vacation and in a place where I have no friend or much social contact and I am at home all day apart from going to Pilate’s or doing a gym (aerobic) class. If I as studying or kept busy with a job all day I would probably be too busy to think or want to eat!

I am pleased that I feel good eating plain raw fruit, raw greens, and raw corn or raw all day, and saving the fats or sprouted grains until dinner; when I first tried to eat a high raw diet, I felt like fats during the day, and could not feel good eating just fruit all day.

It makes sense physiologically to eat plain fruit and raw vegetables all day, because the protein and vitamins and minerals derived from a variety of nuts, seeds, raw fats like coconut and avocado, and for me fish, probably only needs to be obtained once a day, in the afternoon or evening, rather than during and through out the day. So, I am feeling good about packing it all in to one punch in the evening, and to eat the low fat, fruit all day.

Today I have eaten:

Some macadamias as a 2 pm snack. NOT IDEAL I KNOW.

BREAKFAST

23 cherries

GRAZING THROUGH OUT DAY

About 800 grams of apricots which I have snacked on all day

The kernels which I cut off of two corns with half a whole celery, with the juice from organic lemons

I have about 7 apricots to go which I will have soon, and than have either more cherries or corn. After the gym and for dinner and evening snacks I will wait and see.

I am not being too hard on myself - If I TRULY crave and feel like the kelp noodles I will have em - it is in the evening, after dinner, that I feel like the noodles with lemon juice - it just tastes soooo good and it is refreshing and very low in actual calories.

I have a small piece of salmon which I will either have tonight or tomorrow. I believe that it is necessary to eat SOMETHING OTHER than 100% raw fruit, raw vegetables, and raw fats ALL OF the time. I believe the body needs small amounts of other foods occasionally. For me, these “ other “ foods are raw or cooked fish, in small portions, about 2 - 3 days a week. I will see how I feel with the fish - perhaps I will need red meet once a month, grass fed of course and local. Even cooked brown rice, plain and by itself, or plain quinoa, may be the “ extra” foods that the body needs once or twice a week. I am not sure yet!

Oh and I am back to my normal, 51 - 52 kilograms. I only lost to 49 kilo’s due to the fluid I lost when I was sick from food poisoning.

Date: February 05, 2010 12:05PM

I have been doing great lately. I have started to be more active - I walk to the local shops and catch a bus in to town, do a Pilate’s class, and catch a bus back to town, and walk home. About 25 minutes each way, plus the Pilate’s.

I also stay active through out the day - I do a little bit mid day - to the early afternoon, and than come home to relax for 2 - 4 hours. I than go to the gym for an aerobics class, or an abdominal class later on.

I have been handling myself very well when I have processed raw - food that it raw, but still not in its natural state.

This morning at about 1.10am I had coconut cashew butter. I felt bad about eating at an inappropriate time, and about the processed raw food that I consumed. Normally, eating less than optimal food, particularly at a less than optimal time, would make me feel bad, and feeling bad = eating more food.

However, I was able to have the coconut butter, without going back downstairs and getting MORE. This is HUGE for me.

TODAYS FOOD:

Coconut cashew butter (400 - 500 calories, a large meals worth)

Total of about 1.2 kilo’s nectarines

One packets of kelp noodles with the juice of a few oranges and celery

One packet of kelp noodles with the juice of lots of lemons and chopped cucumber

About 500g seedless green grapes

ANOTHER two packets, of kelp noodles, one with cos lettuce and the juice of 3 oranges

The other packet with a whole chopped celery and the juice of 4 lemons.

All in all, ONLY ABOUT 30% fat!! This is actually good for me. Despite my bad start to the day with the midnight coconut butter, I managed to still continue my day and eat a lot of raw greens, some raw fruit, and get in good exercise!

KELP NOODLES are virtually calorie free - they just add tasty bulk to salads.

I have needed the noodles over the last few days, because I strayed from mono simply eating during and after getting food poisoning, so my body is a little out of balance so I have been using the kelp noodles when I crave them.

From here on out I am feeling much more like plain, normal mono eating again though.

Date: February 06, 2010 09:52AM

Feeling good about my food. Things seem to be clearing up since Christmas time - that is when I started transitioning to raw again. Although I have been eating clean for a couple of years now. No sugar or etc.

If I am kept busy and I am out being active and leading a normal life, I do not feel like eating. Today, I sorted through clothes and many of my possessions because I am moving soon. I watched TV and sorted through everything whilst watching, and sure enough, doing one activity replaces the urge to eat (which is just another activity to do).

Furthermore, my room is now organized and the task of organizing everything is done, so the there is a better energy in my room, much less cluttered!

I never set out to eat a low fat raw diet. However, I have naturally gravitated towards this because it makes more sense to eat a lot of raw fruit and raw greens, and to eat a smaller amount of fat each day after or with dinner. I doubt we would have been able to crack open a lot of nuts, or kill a lot of fish during our evolution for the majority of our meals, they would have made a smaller part of our diets.

I think it is more about the variety of nuts, seeds, raw fats, raw sprouted buckwheat and grains, than the QUANTITY. If a person varies the types of these foods EVERY day, and they are eating only plain mono raw fruit and raw greens aside from the fats, than they should get enough nutrition without having to have larger amounts of fats.

I have been using kelp noodles every day to help transition into a more clean, lower fat raw diet. They are rich in minerals and I do not feel like fat whatsoever the days that I have them.

TODAYS FOOD

BREAKFAST

About 1.4 kilo’s of large cherries

LUNCH

About 1.4 kilo’s of apricots

DINNER

1 packet of kelp noodles with one whole celery, with the juice of a few lemons

( ATE THIS PART AFTER FIRST PART)

1 packet of kelp noodles with one large cucumber, and more lemons for juice

DESERT

About 8 large locally grown apricots
4 walnuts from their shells ( I did not need the walnuts, but I threw them in because I have been eating a much higher fat diet previously, so I want to make sure I come down and transition from this)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 07, 2010 10:17PM

You are the second person I know who has been enjoying kelp noodles! I'm going to have to order myself some because they sound amazing!

Welcome! =D

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 15, 2010 05:50AM

Hello Leigh,
The way society eats often makes me upset also. Its often not very sensitive to people with special dietary needs, or to people who believe something different about food than the masses.

It could also be that I live in a very backwards kind of place. I actually feel normal and alive whenever I leave the county. So I am planning to move, but there are some glitches which have come up which might make it more difficult than I thought.

In any case, where I live almost every restaurant serves white bread ONLY. And almost everything has breading on it. So its difficult for anyone that needs a gluten free diet. Its even more difficult for vegans here, and raw vegans. pretty much you would have to eat only dry salads, or not go to restaurants in the area. The local health food stores carry a number of special raw products so that is something.

I saw a posting on the bulletin board for a vegetarian potluck, the photo showed a beautiful fruit plate, so there is some promise for social interactions for the potential raw vegan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables