Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: elää= live
Posted by: elää ()
Date: February 04, 2009 11:08PM

I am having a repeat of Monday today where I just don't feel right. I feel nauseous when I think about food so I am done eating for today. This is what I had:

green smoothie w/ ~2 c. spinach and 3 bananas
apple
1/2 cantaloupe, grapes
banana

I plan to relax tonight, get proper sleep, and hopefully feel better tomorrow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: meow ()
Date: February 05, 2009 01:56AM

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful. Detox sucks, but I guess it's a necessary evil. How is your new job going?

Date: February 06, 2009 03:48AM

This 811 challenge is much more difficult than I thought! I could make a million excuses about my new job, winter, etc. but honestly I think I am just not ready to commit to the high raw levels I was doing back in December and much of January. At this point I am happy with raw breakfast and lunch and a salad + low fat vegan dinner. I am proud of all of the improvements I've made so far and will continue to cut out caffeine again and add more and more raw foods, but I also need to be realistic. With that said, today I had:

banana
2 cantaloupe wedges, 2 honey dew wedges
green tea
red grapes
romaine salad w/ tomato and avocado
cooked vegan dinner
raw cocoa goji chunks

I felt much better today and even made it to the gym for the first time this week and had a decent workout.

Meow: sorry I'm not a very good challenge buddy after all. :/ At least you are doing really great and are feeling healthy and positive. I will keep checking in.

Date: February 09, 2009 02:05PM

Today is a fresh start for me. I realized that I really do need to stay with the high raw diet after having heart burn this weekend and not feeling well in general energy-wise. All of the acidic coffee last week caught up to me and that is all the motivation I need to cut out the coffee again and stick with the diet.

Here is the menu for today:
NO coffee or tea!
banana
2 valencia oranges
romaine + spinach salad w/ tomato and avocado
Lara bar
baby carrots
green smoothie w/ spinach, bananas, mixed berries, spirulina

I'm listening to a Raw Vegan Radio podcast to start out the day. I feel foggy today from the weekend of low-raw but am also feeling optimistic and positive.

Posted by: meow ()
Date: February 10, 2009 01:12AM

Hi elaa! I think it takes a while for everyone to feel confident eating raw and for it to come naturally. I am not there yet...in fact I was 100% raw for nearly half a year and then completely went back to cooked vegan foods for 9 months! But all of that taught me a lot about my body and what is best for me. This is a journey, and you have to do what feels right and be forgiving. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that nothing good can come from feeling guilty, bad or frustrated when you eat something you didn't intend to eat. Take each day as it comes and don't stress or dwell on yesterday. Everything will fall into place, slowly but surely, when you are ready for it :-)

Or at least that's what I tell myself!

Your day sounds great today! I know you don't eat Lara Bars often (I wish I didn't eat so many of them!), but what is your favorite flavor? I am crazy about the chocolate coconut and also eat the cashew cookie flavor every now & then.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables