Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: On the Raw Path and Not Lost in the Woods Anymore
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 18, 2009 07:59PM

Sharrhan, it was "Voices from the Dreamtime".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 20, 2009 06:46PM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Suncloud! Did you buy the 'Voices from the
> Dreamtime?' from the livingnutrition site? I keep
> meaning to put all 3 CDs on CDBaby so I can get
> more online sales, but I haven't done it yet.

ok lady ! now quit making excuses and get those cd's on cdbaby so we (and others!) can buy em !!

you have hereby been requested grinning smiley

your music is so worthy of of being out there and shared so quit the procrastinating an get it done ! the world is waiting !! I know you are busier then ever lately but if you get hit by a bus tommorrow were all gonna be screwed =D *whipcrack*

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 06:48PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 21, 2009 06:53AM

Jgunn --

"your music is so worthy of of being out there and shared so quit the procrastinating an get it done ! the world is waiting !! I know you are busier then ever lately but if you get hit by a bus tommorrow were all gonna be screwed =D *whipcrack*"

You rawk!!!

Kwan -- you rawk too!!!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 21, 2009 03:42PM

Ha! You crack me up, Jodi.

I think what's always held me up about getting my CDs online is that I have to have a Paypal account, and Jonathan won't let me do it. He's terrified of any online transactions (afraid someone will steal his banking data and take all his money), so we don't buy or sell anything online. :-/ I have lost a lot of opportunities because of this, and to date I haven't figured out a way around it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 21, 2009 05:05PM

BOOYAH !! im gonna talk to our techy guy from work on monday .. my boss refuses to use paypal too for our company and he has us set up on some program so we do it all manually somehow lol. I will find out the details for you smiling smiley basically we get the card info then I have to phone a number at the bank and the bank processes the transaction , then we send the product .. but i dont know the name of the program smiling smiley

Date: February 22, 2009 12:26AM

!! Thanks, Jodi! I'd appreciate that kind of information. Sometimes my eyes just kind of glaze over and I give up a little too soon on trying to figure out technical issues.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 22, 2009 12:48AM

Am I the only one, or is anyone else having trouble assimilating some of the super-snarky posts on the main board lately? Ageism is rampant on this board, as is a strong prejudice against people who aren't thin. I find these posts rather disgusting, and wish someone could just magically shut these people up! And now someone has in all seriousness posted a photo of a Playboy bunny as an example of how you, as a raw foodist woman, can look after menopause. Sheesh! She looks like she's had cosmetic surgery, implants, maybe lipo, and certainly airbrushing. I was only trying to point out the common sense fact that after menopause even a raw foodist will experience subtle changes in their body and facial structure, and people are giving me flack for it! Arrrrgh!!!

These people are not in touch, whatsoever, with REALITY! I'm not talking about becoming 'over the hill,' getting 'fat,' or losing your vitality and beauty; I'm only trying to point to the adjustments that every post-menopausal woman -- regardless of how wonderfully perfect a raw food lifestyle she lives -- will have to deal with at some point. I think most of us are well aware of these realities. I hate for newbies to come and read this crazy-crazy stuff and get the idea that we are as vapid and naive as these posts imply.

Yes, all rightee then... we will all still look like super-hot young 25 year olds forever and ever, as long as we stay 100% raw. No wrinkles, no gray hair, not even the slightest hint of sagging, softening (changes in muscle to fat ratio), no changes in hormone production (hahaha!), no deterioration of organs or glands, no changes whatsoever in joints or energy levels...

"Sigh." or "LOL!!!"

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 22, 2009 03:47AM

Hey, lovely people! Looks like that offensive post on the main forum was deleted.

It's a beautiful day in the raw neighborhood again! :-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 22, 2009 04:39AM

Sharrhan, I think I remember reading your post about people changing as they get a little older, but I missed the stuff after that. Glad I missed it!

Sorry about the flack though.

Unfortunately, some people think they'll be forever beautiful, if they just don't eat cooked food. A symptom of the very young I think. They'll find out soon enough! smiling smiley

I like that there's a few of us oldER ones here on the forum. Keeps things a little more down to earth!

Date: February 22, 2009 05:28AM

I take part of that back!

We ARE forever beautiful! Just a different kind of beauty, that's all. I need to fish out that poem my Dad kept.

Here it is:

LET ME GROW LOVELY

Let me grow lovely, growing old-
So many fine things do;
Laces, and ivory, and gold,
And silks need not be new;

And there is healing in old trees,
Old streets a glamour hold;
Why may not I, as well as these,
Grow lovely, growing old?

-Karle Wilson Baker

(Not that any of us are actually "old" yet. "Old" is 90s. And how glorious that will be!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 05:31AM by suncloud.

Date: February 22, 2009 05:19PM

:-) As people who have a spiritual orientation and are living a healthy lifestyle get older, I see them get more and more beautiful. My husband is 65, and he's much cuter than he was when I met him, with a beautiful complexion and a full head of thick silver hair that shines gloriously.

There's an indefinable 'X' factor -- maybe it's a combination of what we would call 'virtue' (for lack of a better word) or maybe just 'spiritual sense?' + prana or qi -- that seems to enliven and beautify some people as they reach beyond the reproductive years, which is the point at which we really get tested: we no longer can rely on the natural rejuvenative hormones that we had when we were younger, and we must begin to assimilate higher energies. This is why both metaphysicians and raw foodists often don't fare so well after a certain age if they don't see the whole picture-- if they are too focused on just positive thoughts or just raw food. But we can learn a lot from the Taoists, for example, who seem to really glow as they grow old, many of them even becoming centenarians. The secret is cosmic energy, calorie restriction, and who knows what else. I'm still trying to figure it out and learn how to become a cosmic receiving station.

My bigggest challenge is that I'm an empath, and so I'm extremely open to other peoples' energies, so that when I go into a crowded store or a hostile environment of some sort, I'm often affected for hours afterward with feelings that are not my own, and since the hallmark of the empath is OVEREATING to cope with these energies, I struggle with an overpowering urge to overeat when my energy is disrupted at these times. Having finally understood this dynamic, I'm redoubling my efforts to 'insulate' myself and also develop strategies to avoid overeating.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 22, 2009 05:28PM

Yeah, the beauty of wisdom only comes with age. My grandmothers were both beautiful up until they passed (both at 90), and sheesh -- look at Ruth Gordon! I just watched a Harold and Maude trailer to remind myself of how pretty she was. And my 28 year old honey thinks I'm pretty hot! I don't wear make up, have never dyed my graying hair, and laugh at people who get caught up on aging being a bad thing. They're just jealous and insecure. I missed (or not) the offensive post.

Date: February 24, 2009 01:05AM

>And my 28 year old honey thinks I'm pretty hot!<

WOO-HOO!! You're the genuine article: a raw babe! (Proving once again that chronological age doesn't mean a thing, and everything is relative.)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 24, 2009 01:11AM

I'm still enjoying this new experiment of mine with just eating at dinnertime. Both yesterday and today, once again, I wasn't hungry once all day, and all I had was a lot of water. Yesterday I went to a local music jam, and thought maybe I'd be hungry while I was there, but it never happened. Both days I had a very enjoyable and healthy dinner around 5:30, and it was no bigger than usual; the only change I noticed was that I wasn't as hungry as I usually am. Tonight, once again, I'll dry fast till morning. My jeans were a little looser today. :-)

So anyway, I think I'm finally on to something-- 'bout time!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 24, 2009 03:21AM

Hi Sharrhan,

Glad your experiment is working for you!

Wouldn't it be nice if post-menopause (or maybe post-a-lot-of-raw-food), our bodies start to reprogram themselves to want less food?

I feel like I need less food now. Maybe wanting less will catch up with needing less!

That would be nice!

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Sundancer!

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: February 24, 2009 01:05PM

Hi Sharrhan,

Are you still drinking juice during the day? Or just water?

Love,

Mona

If God seems far away, who moved?

Date: February 24, 2009 03:43PM

Suncloud--
>Wouldn't it be nice if post-menopause (or maybe post-a-lot-of-raw-food), our bodies start to reprogram themselves to want less food?<

:-) You know, after I became post-menopausal I did notice that with less estrogen coursing through my system I was less driven by the need for sweet foods and carbs. I lost weight in my midsection too, which was a great shock.

Mona--
Just water, at least right now. Juice seems to set me up to want to eat, so I'm sticking with water for awhile and seeing how that goes. So far so good!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 25, 2009 06:57PM

Yesterday was another successful dinner only day, except I enjoyed some orange juice in the evening-- that was nice! I love oranges right now.

I'm really detoxifying heavily in one way: I've been noticing my tongue is kind of white and my mouth feels a bit icky. Otherwise, I have higher energy than usual and no weakness or lethargy. Broke down and bought a bottle of mouthwash to deal with the furry tongue and all, and I'm making sure I drink lots and lots of water all day long. I don't get thirsty, so I have to consciously work at it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 25, 2009 08:57PM

Sounds good Sharrhan!

I've been enjoying oranges too. Probably just what we're supposed to be having in winter!

smiling smiley

Date: February 28, 2009 12:33AM

[ i][ color=blue][ size=16pt]Just suddenly got the urge to try alternate formatting on my posts. Wonder if this really works. I'm copying right from Bryan's instructions, so it SHOULD work, but the preview shows it didn't work. I'm confused!! Will post anyway. It's supposed to be blue, italic, and 16 point size.[/size][/color][/i]

hahahahaha --- THAT didn't work! Hmmm.......

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 12:35AM by kwan.

Date: February 28, 2009 02:45AM

remove the spaces before the i . the word blue and the word size in the first 2 inches of the sentence smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 02:47AM by Jgunn.

Date: February 28, 2009 02:46AM

Just suddenly got the urge to try alternate formatting on my posts. Wonder if this really works. I'm copying right from Bryan's instructions, so it SHOULD work, but the preview shows it didn't work. I'm confused!! Will post anyway. It's supposed to be blue, italic, and 16 point size.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 02:47AM by Jgunn.

Date: February 28, 2009 02:50AM

[ i][ color=blue][ size=16pt]Just suddenly

remove these spaces. before i .. before color and before size smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 02:51AM by Jgunn.

Date: February 28, 2009 04:25AM

HALLELUJAH! */*

Date: February 28, 2009 04:54AM

Thank you, Jodi!! So anyway, now that I'm colorized... back to my diary: I've been more loose with the way I've been doing the intermittent fasting the past couple days-- more food, spaced out over 2-3 hours, instead of just one big meal. I was doing great with that, and I want to get back to it. Tonight I also had some bananas a few minutes ago. Why? I'm not really hungry. :-o I've been kind of stressed out recently over my size, shape, haircolor, yucky pale winter complexion, wrinkles, and what I perceive more and more to be my post-menopausal-"not-cute-anymore-ness"--- also otherwise perhaps known as the end of winter blahs!!! This is ridiculous! Half the world is starving, in dire poverty, or at war, and despite the fact that I'm very healthy and in a great relationship, have wonderful friends and a fulfilling life, I'm stressing out over my looks. How lame! This will all look different in a week or two; I'll have to work on it mentally. I think I understand, though, why there are so few really older women on this board; it's too daunting. Conversations lately on the main forum have taken hold of my consciousness a litle too firmly and causd me to doubt myself and feel defective and unattractive. Ugh. I'm disgusted that I've gotten myself into this mental dungeon. I will go read Akrishi's translation of 'The Secret of the Golden Flower' and divert my attention from this foolish trivia that my brain has seized upon! ;-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 28, 2009 05:45PM

Oh well... as Jodi says, 'Onward and upward!' I wasn't in a good place yesterday, having temporarily lost faith in myself, but today I'm just going to forge ahead and keep believing that I can achieve my goals, even if they seem afar off sometimes, lol.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 28, 2009 10:22PM

aww buddy sorry you were having a down day ! pay no mind to other peoples ideas of the ideal .. all that is a bunch of hooey , very few people in the world live up to the *MODEL* standards .. ... i prefer to look unique and be who I am and so do you by the sounds of it !

sharrhan you are a beautiful person !

an glad to see ya got the hang of the text colors grinning smiley

Date: February 28, 2009 10:52PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 10:52PM by Jgunn.

Date: March 01, 2009 02:50AM

Hey, PURPLE! One of my favorite colors!

I agree with Jgunn. Sharrhan, you are beautiful! Inside and outside!

I like to think that if we live long enough, maybe we'll be like kids again. We'll have a bad hair day, and people will just say, "There goes________on her bike!" And they might say, "I hope I can do that when I'm her age!"

Someday, they might even ask us, "What's the secret of your long life and vitality?"

And we'll say, "Raw food and ATTITUDE!"

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2009 03:02AM by suncloud.

Date: March 02, 2009 02:53AM

Just got off the phone after talking to a friend for almost 2 hours about her health woes and her son's health challenges, and man, I am just SO THANKFUL for this raw food and fasting lifestyle! Even the people who are kind of gravitating toward alternative therapies and supplements and so on seem to be suffering with so many problems after their 40s. It was really hard listening to her problems for 2 hours, but I felt good after I got off the phone, having convinced her to have her son call Dave Klein in California for a consultation. I hope he will do it. Wish I could get Jonathan's brothers interested in raw food, as well. One of them calls frequently with a litany of horrendous health problems (he's about 55, and already has diabetes, degenerated hips, high blood pressure, etc. and is on meds for a mental disorder). The other brother has had a bypass and several angioplasties, hip replacement, etc., and lives on oxycontin and anti-depressants, and he thinks I'm crazy to juice fast for my health! ;-p

Anyway... thanks, ladies, for your loving responses. I'm fine now. I was fighting off a flu virus and it made me feel pretty weird-- not nauseous or achy, just blaaaahhhh. I'm coming back to life today. I water fasted all day, and I feel good, very 'mellow,' as we used to say in the '70s.

As Suncloud says, 'Raw Food and Attitude!'

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables