Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: A Journey Towards Freedom
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 03, 2010 08:07PM

Wow! Interesting report. Glad you were able to finish as well as you did and that you recovered well.

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 04, 2010 01:44AM

Thanks Trive! It was totally not what I was expecting since I'd put so much into my training, but sometimes you gotta just roll with what Mother Nature gives you! Hopefully eating raw long-term will help me deal with heat better?

I have eaten a lot of fat today. I don't think my body is quite recovered from the heat stroke since I'm unable to eat the huge quantities of fresh fruit that I usually eat- the thought of it makes me feel sick. So I did rely on too much fat today, and I feel sluggish and my digestion feels very slow. I haven't felt "heavy" like this in a while. It's ok, this is all a learning experience and tomorrow will definitely be a low fat day! I'm about to go to bed and give my body a rest, and hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow as far as what types of food I want to eat! I did have that green smoothie and another banana...but then had some more raw energy bites. I do wish my mom hadn't bought them for me, but it's ok, one day is not going to kill me.

I wonder when I'll feel up to running again? My hips and quads are so sore. I think I'll do yoga tomorrow morning, and then run either tomorrow evening (maybe) or Wednesday morning. I have a feeling it will be a slow, painful run :-P

Date: May 04, 2010 08:57PM

I'm feeling a lot better today! My legs are feeling much less sore, it's just my quads that hurt a bit today. My stomach is still filling up faster than usual, which has made it difficult to eat the volume of fruit I typically like to eat, but it's getting better. I feel a bit spacey today but I did eat more fat yesterday than I'd eaten in a long time. I'm also still in a big calorie deficit that I probably won't be able to make up for, which is ok, it evens out in the end I suppose.

Food:

B: 4 bananas
S: 2 mangoes- omg HEAVEN in a tupperware. These are my favorite food, hands down.
L: salad w/ romaine, carrots, cucumber, onions, tomato, olive oil & vinegar...so much for not eating vinegar anymore
S: 1.5 bananas
D: probably a non-sweet fruit salad w/ a cucumber and a tomato or two, and a green smoothie w/ 2 bananas, frozen fruit of some kind (mango, strawberry or both) and spinach

I have never tried spinach in my smoothies before, but I've been using kale for a while now so I want to rotate my greens properly. The only problem is I absolutely love kale! Hopefully spinach will taste just as good...the texture of spinach is a little off-putting to me sometimes. If I don't like it in smoothies I can always make a delicious spinach-avocado-tomato salad!

I'm still craving greens along with fats and heavier foods, and I'm not sure if my body is just asking for calories, or if it's due to feeling overwhelmed with some life changes I'm working on. Eating more fat makes me feel more numb, whereas eating tons of fruits & veggies makes me feel like I NEED to start living the life I'm meant to live TODAY, and then I get overwhelmed with how I'm going to do that.

Ah, I'm such a weirdo. I guess it's better to be fully aware than to go through life like a robot though, huh?

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 05, 2010 01:34AM

Have you tried baby spinach leaves? When I put them in smoothies, I don't taste them.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: May 06, 2010 12:49AM

I bought some baby spinach last night! I haven't made a smoothie yet but I will tomorrow morning, hopefully it'll taste good! If not I know I'll use the spinach in salads anyway!

Ooooh man, I ate so much fat today. I got home from work and was starving after grocery shopping, and I ate way too much raw almond butter. It's ok, I know my fat's been low lately, but my stomach is so mad at me!

I have been thinking about eating a bit more fat but I guess I haven't had almond butter in a while and I went kind of crazy. It happens...I'm totally going to lie down now though! Tomorrow I will try to practice that little thing called moderation, lol. I haven't had much fresh fruit besides bananas, which I haven't wanted to eat, so I'm sure that didn't help the almond butter OD situation.

On a positive note, I ran 5.5 miles this morning and everything felt totally normal- no pain or soreness, I wasn't any slower than usual, and I was so happy to be running. Hard to believe I ran a marathon on Sunday! Thanks raw foods for giving me a superhuman recovery time :-)

Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables