Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

just starting
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2009 01:15AM

today is my first day raw and i would like to say that it is going great, but i don't want to lie. i am in withdrawal from lack of caffeine and this headache is killing me. i went to the grocery store this morning but was not able to purchase a cookbook until this afternoon. i have nothing soaking (yet, i am about to plan the rest of the week and start that). i also don't have a blender or food processor yet, not to mention a dehydrator. as a result of this, i have barely eaten today. i am starving and i really really really want a cup of tea or coffee. i am finding it very hard to stay raw right now and i am tempted by the pizza place down the street. hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: just starting
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 05, 2009 01:11AM

i have the utmost respect for anyone who is raw but i have decided it is not for me. i was feeling way too sick and cried myself to sleep last night because of how bad i felt. i don't see a point in being miserable. i still plan on being about 50% raw but i don't think i can digest more than that. also, i can't give up caffeine.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 09, 2009 09:50AM

hey afg dont beat yourself up for it smiling smiley its taken me 5 years to get 100% and i even have my off days still smiling smiley

just do whats comfortable for you .. any addition of raw fruits and veggies is a tremendous improvement in where you were smiling smiley

nobody here will beat you up for not being 100% smiling smiley

*HUGS* !!!

take it easy , 1 step at a time smiling smiley have your tea .. have your coffee .. have whatever you want .. whatever your goal is to being 100% raw .. you cant undo years of bad habits in a day ...its no wonder you felt like crap ... WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE !! smiling smiley

dont get overwhelmed with thoughts of having to buy equipment and make ooodles of uber raw recipies .. it can get too overwhelming smiling smiley and expensive !!!

and you are right ..there is no point in being miserable !

be joyous and be good to yourself ok? smiling smiley

if you came on tommorrow and said "all i ate today was an apple an orange and a banana" .. id be here to tell you

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 09:52AM by Jgunn.

Date: January 15, 2009 07:39PM

I have just started being raw myself. I have been about 95% for the past two weeks, but I have been vegan for almost one year and vegetarian for about 12 years. So far, I am loving the way that I feel. What has kept me going is the fact that I detoxed before I went raw and got all of the caffeine, white sugar, etc. out of my body and I no longer crave that stuff. Also, I have tried many new recipes and other than the fact that I am in MN and it is freezing out (ya, like 26 degrees below zero right now) I am doing ok {what I wouldn't give for hot soup!}.

Take your time, once you have been raw for a little while and start to feel awesome, you will forget all about coffee and cooked foods. Also, try vegetable juicing in the morning- that is what I have replaced caffiene with.

Good luck to you!

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: January 16, 2009 04:08PM

Its hard to make changes, I have a hard time with the coffee so I decided to continue drinking the coffee and deal with that when I feel strong in my resolve to be raw. I just finished reading 12 steps to raw by boutenko and it was very helpful...

You don't need all the fancy things I would suggest a sharp knife and cutting board and a strong blender or majek bullett for starters. All that fancy stuff is not that necessary. Just keep it simple.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables