Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

is chocolate ...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2009 08:12AM

I am a new guy to raw foods diet and I just want to ask if chocolate consider raw?

it is a diary product right, so the answer?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: is chocolate ...
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 16, 2009 09:30AM

no chocolate is not dairy .. despite what our parents told us when we were kids .. chocolate milk does not come from those brown cows !! tongue sticking out smiley

chocolate comes from the seed of the cacao bean smiling smiley

you can buy raw cacao beans ..but they dont taste like the chocolate you are probably used too which has oils, sugar and dairy added to it smiling smiley

some people really like the cacao beans or nibs and eat them raw ..some don't .. see if you can find a little bit of them and try em out smiling smiley

they can be very stimulating (rapid heart beat, sweating ..etc) for some people so .. just try a little bit at a time smiling smiley

welcome to the forums ! and good luck with your raw journey smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 04, 2010 04:08PM

yes! exactly... i have seen in on tv how they made chocolates. It from cacao

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 04:09PM by murjack.

Date: August 12, 2010 10:30PM

I'm new too but I know that you can buy raw chocolate as Ive seen it. Its expensive and I havent tried it but I have tried raw cacao nibs and powder mixed in with a bunch of different nuts and dried goji berries and raw agave nectar and it definately gives you that chocolate flavour but a whole heap healthier.

Posted by: Doktormartini ()
Date: September 24, 2010 02:16AM

I hate that it is so expensive and that lots of raw dessert recipes when they call for chocolate they sometimes call for like a cup. I'm making a raw chocolate cake next week (my own recipe but I'm gonna tweak it) and I use 3/4 of a cup, that is a lot of chocolate. It's worth it though because chocolate is amazing!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 25, 2010 08:26PM

I used to crave chocolate and I found taking magnesium cured that craving. Also, I think they say it is a stimulant. Maybe get used to carob.. after all our tastes change dramatically over time spent eating healthier foods.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 29, 2010 02:04PM

mmmmm....sounds good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables