Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw or Fruitarian? - That's the question
Posted by: cadybennet ()
Date: January 20, 2009 09:04PM

Hello there smiling smiley

So let me first introduce myself.
My name is Daria, 15 years old, and I come from Germany.

I have been a vegan for 8 months now.

So this is my journey on the raw food kinda thing. smiling smiley

I want to know, what's better for me, raw foodism or fruitarianism!

Well I'm gonna find it out!

But there are a few problems:

- my parents, who that never ever had supported me in anything in my life.
Haha, i know it sounds whiny but I wanted to dance, they didn't care. I wanted to paint, they didn't care or they just laughed at me. I wanted to go vegan, they said it's wrong and unhealthy, but I just did it. Now I don't care!
And I am going to go raw as well.

- Well, You don`t have such a big choice in fruits here. Almost everything has to be imported.

So It's going to be a bit problematic, but I'm gonna make it!

The First thing is that I HAVE to eat all this cooked food that's left in my fridge -.-
and the second thing is, that my sister is going to teach me how to grow sprouts this week!

Thank u,
x o Daria

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw or Fruitarian? - That's the question
Posted by: keisan ()
Date: January 24, 2009 08:29AM

Just do it! Follow your intuition and do what's right for you. What's right for you isn't necessarily right for your parents. Don't worry about them, everyone's got an opinion, yeah? So it's all good. smiling smiley Just do your best and stay as raw as you can.

Date: February 12, 2009 04:58PM

Okay, so my sister taught me how to grow sprouts and it was surprisingly easy smiling smiley

I was raw for 2 weeks, then I got a cold and felt horrible. My friend convinced me to eat cooked food again, but then I felt even more horrible!
Now, I started to eat raw food again, and I feel better everyday.

Bye ppl, my ananas is waiting for me smiling smiley
xo cady

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 12, 2009 08:05PM

Good advice I think from Keisan.

Even if you can just stay all vegan while living at home with your folks (who are not?), that's fantastic!

You might try eating fruit-only for just a few days at a time, and go raw with a varied raw diet for the rest of the time. If you jump into trying to be a full-time fruitarian before you've understood your own raw struggle (and almost everyone struggles somewhat), you may be setting yourself up for a fruit and binge pattern that can be more debilitating than it's worth. Actually, that was my mistake when I started raw.

If you can just stay raw as much as possible, and allow yourself a wide range of raw foods, you'll be setting yourself up for less of a struggle and a better learning experience over time. (IMO)

After you know you can make it on raw foods alone, and after you've established regular eating patterns (which can include PLANNED OCCASIONAL SHORT cleanouts, like fasting, juice fasting, all fruit, etc.) and after you're sure you've conquered any tendencies you might have to binge, that is a better time to experiment with being fruitarian, so that you more efficiently compare the two eating styles.

I love fruit, and planting and caring for tropical fruit trees has been my life's work. But I have to say, that after much previous experimentation with a fruit-only diet, I'm very skeptical.

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 08:11PM by suncloud.

Date: February 25, 2009 06:50PM

"Bye ppl, my ananas is waiting for me smiling smiley
xo cady"
sry i wanted to say pineapple. xD

Okay.. I've been living on a fruitarian diet for 13 days now.. first I just wanted to go raw again, but I kinda didn't felt like eating something else than fruit.
Now when my parents tell me at least to eat some potatoes or some buckwheat because I became so "skinny and pale"
(I always have been pale and I haven't lost even a little bit of weight)

My skin looks so much better but because I need to eat so much to feel satisfied now, my belly becomes sooo big and it doesn't feel very good.
But shortly after it I'm feeling wonderful again.
I guess I can't say if the fruit diet really works for me because it was so short..
and I kinda have to deal with cravings, especially in the night. Last night I was dreaming of Bread with soy-escalope! It was so weird. I wasn't eating it I was just staring at it and having the taste in my mouth oO

I don't know if anyone can remember or if I missunderstood something but can anyone remember Matt Monarch saying something about cleansing? Something like starting to eat raw and then, when your cleansing is finishing you eat something cooked again to make your body cleanse even more again and again?
Hope you guys got the idea.. ^^

Let me know what you think, cady xoxo

Date: February 25, 2009 09:08PM

I don't think you have to eat something cooked to make your body cleanse more and more.

If you do want to eat something cooked though, I'd suggest making it something light. Steamed vegetables or some applesauce.

Or you might instead consider having a raw salad and/or a small amount of raw organic nuts or seeds.

Date: February 26, 2009 06:09AM

Cady, I forgot to say, best wishes to you, and please stay well!

smiling smiley

Date: February 26, 2009 10:54AM

Thank you a lot suncloud smiling smiley I also wish you that! Have a wonderful day!

Date: March 03, 2009 05:35PM

Okay so here's a quick update:
I feel so much better, but today I noticed that I was eating cooked cashews sad smiley
Well, at least I didn't feel too bad.. but ya I'm so stressed out right now! Soooo many exams and presentations and every teacher lives in his/her own world, where only their subjekt exists! xD
And that's it, I need to work on my presentation about the sights of france for tomorrow.. :/ I feel so unsure about it! wish me luck smiling smiley
xoxo cady

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: March 03, 2009 06:46PM

Hi. That's great that you are so young and finding the right way to eat. Wonderful. Keep on.

I read all Monarch's books...no, nothing about eating cooked again! He went raw overnight and now, 7 or 8 years later (?) has still not eaten anything cooked.

Bis spater! I took German in school, aber Ich kann nur sagen dass Ich nicht Deutsch sprechen kann!

Dance through the day! Good work, keep on. Eat well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables